meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

"Reload" waypoint
Old
  (#1)
Eraser

Default "Reload" waypoint - 10-01-2005

After playing around with fy_matrix and just finishing cs_afghan waypoints, I came upon an idea for a new waypoint that might be useful (probably mostly for fy and or special maps, maybe not as much normal maps); a Reload Waypoint.

For example, in fy_matrix (download my waypoints if you need them here), when the bots run out of ammo in the clip, they stand around reloading, and get shot quite easily. I think that a reload point should be used, ie by placeing it behind a pillar (using the fy_matrix example) so that the bot might be able to reload without getting hit. The only reason for the waypoint would be to reload, then start moving again immediatley. It would just make the movment and reloading a bit more realistic.

Re: "Reload" waypoint
Old
  (#2)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: "Reload" waypoint - 10-01-2005

As with many waypoint-related ideas that have been posted before, the problem is that this would make PODBot mm waypoints incompatible with the widely supported PB 2.5 waypoint format, which is not ideal to use because of the changed interpretation of the values of camp waypoints, but still pretty much ok and technically 100% compatible.

There have been more ideas like e.g. adding a brightness flag to waypoints to make bots be affected by darkness etc., but the underlying problem of compatibility loss is still the same.

AFAIK, the bots will reload if their ammo is at a certain percentage of the respective clip capacity, and I think it should be possible to change the code in a way that...
- the reload trigger is suspended as long as a bot is engaged in combat
- if the reload trigger is reached (or if the weapon is empty, see above), bots will proceed to a waypoint near them which has the lowest danger factor.

-----------------
On a side note: I have already waypointed cs_afghan, so unless you see some fault in my waypoints or just don't like them, you don't need to make another file if you don't really want to.
Likewise, cs_1337_assault has been waypointed by SoUlFaThEr already... I'm just telling you so you don't waste your energy.
Of course you can waypoint whatever map you like...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 10-01-2005 at 21:03..

Old
  (#3)
Eraser

Default Re: "Reload" waypoint - 11-01-2005

Fair enough,

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
- if the reload trigger is reached (or if the weapon is empty, see above), bots will proceed to a waypoint near them which has the lowest danger factor.
Well yeah thats basically what i meant Although, a "lower danger factor" would require a new flag would it not? How would a bot register a "lower danger"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
-----------------
On a side note: I have already waypointed cs_afghan, so unless you see some fault in my waypoints or just don't like them, you don't need to make another file if you don't really want to.
Likewise, cs_1337_assault has been waypointed by SoUlFaThEr already... I'm just telling you so you don't waste your energy.
Of course you can waypoint whatever map you like...
LOL I didnt look, i just got the big packs, so I just made it myself, no disrespect to your waypoints, I just didnt see them

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Bots can register lower danger already... it's included in the pathfinder they use. Whenever a bot dies at waypoint x, that waypoint is weightened with a certain danger factor, and the higher the danger factor, the less attractive for navigation it is... so, let's say you play de_dust as CT and kill lots of enemy bots at that tunnel entrance - as a result, the bots will try an alternative way instead of blindly rushing through the same corridor all the time. The new pathfinder is what makes the bots use the entire map, unlike PB 2.5 bots, which always used the same passages and tended to be very predictable.
So basically I think it ought to be possible to enable bots to behave like you said when reloading, but without losing waypoint compatibility.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#5)
Eraser

Cool, now I get it.

So say with your tunnel example, the danger gets really high? what if the bot never goes? does it come back down ever?
I presume this is related to the experience file too...

speaking of which, ive been wondering what the "visibility table" thingo is...???

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

More infor about danger_factor:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...=danger_factor

and link the to place of knowledge about A* algorithm:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...2&postcount=16

Old
  (#7)
Eraser

Default Re: "Reload" waypoint - 13-01-2005

o_O
I went through most of the thread, got the idea of the danger factor...

But most of its you guys having a go at eachother

Old
  (#8)
[NvT]_KaszpiR_

Default Re: "Reload" waypoint - 13-01-2005

but in code of bots, they got a algorithm to reload in hide so i guess reload waypoint is ntot necessary