.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

My noobie website
Old
  (#1)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Current Status: MIA

Default My noobie website - 23-01-2004

tell me what you all think
www.freewebs.com/karwhore

this site is for DoD not tfc.

Spamming RB Forums Since August 2001.

Re: My noobie website
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: My noobie website - 23-01-2004

I like the layout.

Quote from the site:
"I am obseesed with the German military and WW2 in general"
Well, it hurts the eyes. Bah, as long you're interested in the german military only and not what was behind it, it's fine with me The real Himmler was not a Mickey Mouse, though.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#3)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard

the name Himmler was given to me for the clan i dont like what the SS did which are the ones that actually commited those horrible attrocities. The normal german wehrmacht really didnt do anything evil like mass murder. But no i think what the Nazi party stood for was complete stupidity. Himmler was an Idiot. but thanks for the feed back

Old
  (#4)
Fiber_Optic

I think you should put a background picture, instead of let it white.

Old
  (#5)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard

hmm not a bad idea i will get to it thanks

Think about it, hm?
Old
  (#6)
threat

Default Think about it, hm? - 24-01-2004

Well, if you would have visited the exhibition "Die Verbrechen der Wehrmacht im Zweiten Weltkrieg", then you would understand, that also in the Wehrmacht existed black sheep - if you were a member of the NSDAP, you weren't automatically a member of the Waffen-SS or similar troops. I know, not everybody of the Wehrmacht was a murder (my grandpa weren't, for example), but there existed some.

I'm also interested in the WW2, but this theme has to be handled with care - when I was about 15, I was also obsessed by the German Forces. But with the time I learnt to see conflicts from both sides - now I think, that in WW1 the war was an unlucky chain of things, but the WW2 was triggered by the German - that's scientific fact! (in fact it was triggered about 4 times - Rheinland, Sudeten, Österreich,Tschechien - but nothing happend - not yet...)

And think about to change your DoD-name - Himmler was a really bad war criminal - if you like this name, why don't you call yourself "Goebbels"? Or "Heydrich"? (only a rhetoric question!) No, this ain't funny it all. Your nick sounds like you were a nazi hardliner! (uhm, you aren't one, aren't you??? o_O)

(And I'm the opinion, that also the German Wehrmacht also was no little supporter of the rise of Adolf Hitler and so also is responsible for the WW2, however - alike with big industrials like Thyssen or Krupp - not only the party and the SS)

This had to be said - I'm no friend of politic discussions, which very often end up in a quarrel - but your homepage has a ambiguous touch... ???

Old
  (#7)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: My noobie website - 24-01-2004

I'd propose "Rommel". AFAIK he was a great general but not necessarily a monster or a war criminal like the others.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#8)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard

Default Re: My noobie website - 25-01-2004

the name himmler was issued to me by a gi leader i wouldnt have chosen it i would have chousen drake or patton.

but in every war there are criminals.

Old
  (#9)
Onno Kreuzinger
aka: memed / Server Admin

Default Re: My noobie website - 25-01-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=RAV=-AdrianShephard
the name himmler was issued to me by a gi leader i wouldnt have chosen it i would have chousen drake or patton.

but in every war there are criminals.
Hi to make it short, winners write the history books, thats a fact not always good, but not allways bad.

In case of Wehrmacht it is fair not allowing the germans to find _any_ proud in it, leaving scorched earth when facing defeat is considerd to be evil (there is no ground for the legend of the german "Lanzer", with a gun in the back the russians fought even harder).
allthough the red army was shurly not much "better" they did "only" react in anger, whilst the wehrmacht acted first, without a reason, but the believ that people east of the river oder where not considered humans but a sub class of humans. the differences between ss and wehmacht where gradualy not substancial, ss just started earlier and worked harder, the got the same orders and did, like wehrmacht, not oppose their orders.

so if anyone would call me himmler i would turn away, since i would not be able to find a person in history to realy top this level of evilness found in himmler. even hitler, bin ladin, milosivitch or stalin don't top himmler realy much.

Cheers MeMeD

b.t.w. i'm german, made my qualification for university with an essay about the imminent guilt of the german's for the ns crimes, reflecting about Goldsteins book, accusing germans to be guilty by culture/birth.

Last edited by Onno Kreuzinger; 25-01-2004 at 12:55..

Old
  (#10)
threat

Default Re: My noobie website - 26-01-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
I'd propose "Rommel"
YEAH! That's right - he was a general, who fought side by side with his men - and he fought a war which he never ever wanted. Leni Riefenstahl made him to the hero called "Wüstenfuchs", he never wanted to be.

He very soon recognized the nonsense of the germany's war against the world - but also he had a gun in the back. Some time after the D-Day he ended up, but no on knows how... I'm sure, he also is a victim of the Nazi regime, so he also is an anti-fascism-maertyr! >

And the change from "Himmler" to "Rommel" isn't very far, is it?

Besides: you got the name "Himmler" from a GI? You mean an American? Hm...

Last edited by threat; 26-01-2004 at 01:12..