.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > SDK Programming discussions > Half-Life 1 SDK
Half-Life 1 SDK For developments focused around Half-Life (and its mods) Half-Life

Client HUD updating problem
Old
  (#1)
StoneHead

Default Client HUD updating problem - 03-08-2005

Hi, first post... I've posted this problem over at the VERC forums but nobody's replied and I need help.

I'm in the process of writing a fairly simple Half-life mod based on Botman's SDK 2.2 (MinGW). It adds a few new features (coop gameplay, new weapons, monsters, etc) but no big changes to the way the game works. I've not been able to test it multiplayer until recently, and when I did a big bug became apparent. To all the network clients, the HUD updates incredibly slowly - you can see changes up to a minute after they happen. For example you draw an MP5 - the ammo counter'll update a minute later to show 25 bullets. Then you fire it. After a while the ammo count slowly decreases...

It's a very strange bug, and I think it's something to do with messages being sent to the client from the server, although I'm no coding expert. It only occurs in multiplayer mode - playing on a Listen server by myself, there's no problems.

Can anyone help?

Re: Client HUD updating problem
Old
  (#2)
Lazy

Default Re: Client HUD updating problem - 03-08-2005

How were the other player's pings?
That sounds like what would happen if there is lots of loss/choke and high pings.

Re: Client HUD updating problem
Old
  (#3)
StoneHead

Default Re: Client HUD updating problem - 03-08-2005

The pings were fine, about 20. We were playing on LAN. I'll test again over the Net, and connecting to my own Dedicated server.