meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > IvPBot
IvPBot Another PODBot's evil descendance by KaCaT Counter-Strike

Encounterd Error
Old
  (#1)
Eagle 5

Default Encounterd Error - 05-03-2005

I Have 2 PCs in same Local Area Network (LAN) but both have different connections and different IPs. One of my PC run 1.6 with Ivpbots1_1_2 perfectly on OS xp pro 2005, other one same OS but when I installed Ivpbot in my cstrike forlder, paste liblist.gam in cstrike folder and last desktop icon> r-click> properties> shortcut> target box>
F:\valve\hl.exe -nomaster -game cstrike -dll ivpbot\ivpbot.dll
click apply and OK. Now start the game LAN server choose map and start the game loading infos, resources and other files which run the game but the game board appears now the term of click ok to select team, at this point a window or you can say Microsoft send error baord with the text of " Half Life Launcher encountered with a problem sorry for enconvinience ". Than the application throw me on desktop screen. This is the problem I try lot of time to run this game but failed. I dont understand that what's wrong with this bcuz I already configure my other pc same way but this time I failed. Plz solve my problem and send my you suggestoin.
Thanks.....
Eagle 5

Re: Encounterd Error
Old
  (#2)
KaCaT

Default Re: Encounterd Error - 07-03-2005

Try to uninstall IvPBot and run the game again, see if the bot is the cause of the crash. If the game runs fine without the bot, reinstall the bot and try again.

IvPBot - Improved version of Podbot

Old
  (#3)
Eagle 5

Default Re: Encounterd Error - 07-03-2005

No way KaCat...I do the same as you adviced...I uninstall the ivpbots and run the game...game is going on perfectly...after that I close server and reinstall again ivpbots in my cstrike folder...and d-click on desktop icon to run the game but the same situation and same error appears...OMG I fade up of this error :'(

Old
  (#4)
KaCaT

Default Re: Encounterd Error - 09-03-2005

Is it crashing on dedicated server too? Have you changed any IvPBot settings in the .cfg files?

EDIT: Could you click on the "More Info" button of the error message dialog and give me all the details at there when it's crash again? Since I don't have Steam installed on my computer, I can't test it.

Last edited by KaCaT; 09-03-2005 at 13:59..

Old
  (#5)
Eagle 5

As I told before, I have 2 PCs when I configured and Install one of mine. Simply I extract ivpbot folder in cstrike folder, copy liblist.gam and paste in cstrike folder a msg board appears with the txt of liblist.gam file is already exist do u want to replce this file, click on yes and file of ivpbot configured take place in cstrike folder than I went to desktop icon and add only -dll ivpbot\ivpbot.dll command in target box thats all I never touch other file in game folders. I run the game and game is goes perfectly, I played couple of rounds and satisfy that ivpbots installed perfectly. Than I did come to other pc and configure same as I write above but failed. I never touch or open other file in this game.

Old
  (#6)
KaCaT

Hmm.... I have no idea what's causing the crash... (bugs in IvPBot? hmm... perhaps the buggy experience code, argh!) I am unable to test it now since I don't have CS 1.6 installed on my computer, I will take a look on it anyway.

I just google this problem and found there are a lot of other people have the same problem on Windows XP (most of them have no bot installed) but have not found much solution.

You might need to take a look on:
http://66.224.5.66/board/showthread.php?t=33788480
or
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=407
or
http://forums.csbanana.com/showthread.php?p=324004

Let me know more information when it's crash again. I think there is an option like "More info" when something crash which will give something info like this:
http://www.ozforums.com/attachment.p...achmentid=8152 (from http://www.ozforums.com/showthread.php?t=71553)

Last edited by KaCaT; 09-03-2005 at 16:49..