.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Pod Bot Wptdefault
Old
  (#1)
G@bryel@

Default Pod Bot Wptdefault - 01-05-2011

Hello, i have a server with four game modes(CSDM, GG, AWP, KA), i put pod-bot on my server because i like to play with bots, even if there are few players, bots maintain a constant number of players on the server.
I have not found files .pwf for all maps ( they are many, but not really for all maps) i found the tutorial you made​​, which is very good and very clear, and i made ​​myself .pwf files for maps. One thing i do not know how to make it.
Because i have on my server more death-match and gungame, i would like to know how to make my own spawmpoint for bot and players on the entire map, as is done for de_dust2, for example, in the basic package pod-bot.
How do i cancel the original spawmpoint of the map?
I made ​​some small maps and bots are going very well, but i fail on large maps where there are bases CT & T.
Sorry for my english.Tks.

Re: Pod Bot Wptdefault
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Pod Bot Wptdefault - 02-05-2011

If there are spawnpoints for GunGame or CSDM, You don't need to create extra spawn points for bots. No matter what kind of the game is - bots always need to have Goal waypoints (even if You removed the bomb, hostages and bombzones) - so they know where to go. If the bot will spawn on some custom (CSDM/GunGame) spawn point, he is just trying to reach the closest waypoint, so the only thing You have to remember is to cover all the entire of the map (but don't make too high densiy of waypoints - too many waypoints causes lags). I'm not sure if I understood Your problem and if my answer will help You.

Old
  (#3)
G@bryel@

Thanks for the reply, i have not explained very exactly what i want. I worked on map de_kabul 4 hours (for example) to make bots to go all over the map (works very well) but they are only spawm on CT&T base. I want to know how do you go on the map such as de_dust2, where the the spawmpoint are on the entire map. I'm missing something but do not know what. I know there are maps for CSDM and GunGame, but i want to play CSDM on large maps and i have always 16 bots on the server. TKS.

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Well, I'm a bit rusted, but IIRC, spawn points are defined by the creator of the map. Anyway, they cannot be defined by means of bot waypoints, unfortunately.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Pod Bot Wptdefault - 03-05-2011

CSDM and GunGame are using their-own spawn-points - not depanding on spawn points created by the map creator. But if human players are spawned in these custom spawn points, bots should spawn there, too. It has nothing to waypointing the map. If humans are spawned on custom spawn points (based on the file map_name.spawns.cfg - for CSDM placed in amxmodx\configs\csdm folder), bots should spawn at these spawn ponts, too. For CSDM - to let everybody spawn based on custom spawn configuration file for the map You need to have this setting in amxmodx\config\csdm.cfg file:
Code:
;Sets the spawn mode.
; "none" - users spawn at normal map spawn points
; "preset" - csdm_spawn_preset.amxx required, uses predefined spawns in config files
; -- others may be supplied by 3rd party plugins
spawnmode = preset
BTW - Long time You haven't been here, >BKA< T Wrecks

Old
  (#6)
G@bryel@

Default Re: Pod Bot Wptdefault - 03-05-2011

Yes, thank you, now i realize what it is. When on server is CSDM, it uses map_name.spawns.cfg placed in amxmodx\configs\csdm folder. This config can be done with CSDM Random Spawn Creator( this thing does not work for all maps automatically, will be a few maps where i have to do it manually, if i find how to do this), i did this and i went well.

Thanks again .