.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy
Old
  (#21)
SidLuke

Default Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy - 26-04-2005

ScoreInfo should work , pd hack should work but ... bots will never really work with fun type plugins. The only solution is a bot-module for amx(x) with functions like update_team, register_bot_menu etc.

Old
  (#22)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy - 26-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by T(+)rget
Question:
Bots buying weapons, why don't they purchase weapons normally? Just tested with ZBot seems they have there own purchasing system, which is annoying because it means you can't restrict what BOTS can purchase.

Here is why it doesn't work for bots:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...67&postcount=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidLuke
bots will never really work with fun type plugins. The only solution is a bot-module for amx(x) with functions like update_team, register_bot_menu etc.
I disagree - since I showed how to use choosing menu instead bots in CSDM and ATAC plugins - there are only 2 problems I can't solve (bots buying restrictions and team info when model of player is changed). In all other situations bots work fine with other mods.
But why not - if someone will want to create a bot as amx(x) plugin - he will be more than welcome.

BTW - Thanks to all people participate in this discussion also from other boards (T(+)rget is from AMX dev team, SidLuke is from AMX MOD X dev team).

About ZBOT - @T(+)rget - You mean official bot fof CZERO (CSbot) or really ZBOT (cracked version of CSbot for CS1.6 - this one is illegal - warez - it's not supported at this forum and also at AMX forum - ask m0gely - I've been talking with him about it ).

Last edited by KWo; 26-04-2005 at 13:16..

Old
  (#23)
T(+)rget
AMX Dev Team

KWo I know about ZBot is illegal I just wanted to test it out, since I was sent the bot and this was the 1 causes problems which I couldn't replicate in the end.

@ SidLuck
Fun module for both AMX/X contains the dreaded bot bug I'm afraid, easy fix!

Old
  (#24)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy - 27-04-2005

Well, let's synthetize then:

1. Fun plugins add extra teams to CS by hacking the private data
2. the CZ bot detects teams correctly (doesn't it?)
3. all the CZ bot uses is the private data
4. Hence, the first reliable way that comes to my mind for ALL CS bots to get ahold of the team is by hacking the private data.

Now, IF the fact of hacking the private data to add extra teams (what fun plugins do) also triggers the emission of TeamInfo network messages with new team names and IDs, THEN instead of letting the bots hack the private data, have them store the players' teams based on this message, since this is a cleaner, and more robust method: when the game DLL will be updated, all hell won't break loose.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#25)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy - 27-04-2005

Maybe we should ask one another bot-coder...?

I mean OLO - he created PLBot, but he never released the sources for it. As far I remember it was the first bot as mm plugin. I wonder how did he prepare few things in his bot...
He is the latest more known bot coder which never joined BU (yeah - I remember time his bot was almost the same popular like podbot and realbot) ...9_9

I would like to see him at BU, too, but he is extremally busy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
2. the CZ bot detects teams correctly (doesn't it?)
@T(+)rget - did You try ZBot with ChickenMod to answer definitive to this question?

Last edited by KWo; 27-04-2005 at 20:09..

Old
  (#26)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy - 28-04-2005

Most likely it will beable to detect the teams just fine because the CZBots are integrated into the CS code so it should be able to grab the teams from the private data the same way CS stores/grabs the team data.

Old
  (#27)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy - 28-04-2005

To be more precisly with all known issues between bots and other mods (including AMX)- there is the third issue I can't solve anyhow, but it's the lowest priority and I really don't care about it. The problem is with stop chatting separetly bot. I mean the "gag/ungag" functions. If someone is talking too much or is using bad words, admin may use gag function to stop chatting the player, but this function doesn't affect bots. You are able to switch off bot chatting at all (all bots will not be chatting), but You can't stop chatting one selected bot. I don't think it's a big issue which might be some obstacle to use together bots and mods using this function , but I described it only to point one more issue I know.
But there might be a bug in FUN module of AMX (corresponding to chatting - it confuses FUN module when there are some bots on the server and some swear filters are used - I'm just waiting for report about it ).

Old
  (#28)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

It's the same problem as not being able to restrict weapon buying for bots. Chatting uses client commands. Anything a bot does through a client command cannot be hooked, at least not in a simple way.

Old
  (#29)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy - 29-04-2005

maybe if metamod let plugins hook each other.. that would work wouldn't it?

Old
  (#30)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: not correct detection by bots chicken as a friend/enemy - 29-04-2005

that would require a major redesign of the APIs, both the plugin API and the game DLL and engine interfaces. All the existing plugins would need to be redone. IMO it's safe to assume that this will never be the case.