.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

noob needs help.. :)
Old
  (#1)
taylorw

Default noob needs help.. :) - 21-01-2004

Uh... I looked on whole form... and a few other sites... i could never figure out how to draw/place the waypoints for realbot... help... lol i go thru the walkthru... and when i do waypoint start command it doesnt draw anything, is this just for custom maps? i was trying it on fy_iceworld2k. please please please help me....

Last edited by taylorw; 21-01-2004 at 07:46..

Re: noob needs help.. :)
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: noob needs help.. :) - 21-01-2004

Are you talking about the old Realbot or the current Realbot WIPs ? In the current WIP (Work In Progress) versions, Stefan invented a "node machine" which make the bots drop waypoints in the map themselves while they wander around, so you don't need to place them manually. The more the bots play the map, the more they discover it and the better they play.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#3)
Onno Kreuzinger
aka: memed / Server Admin

Default Re: noob needs help.. :) - 21-01-2004

Hi,

AFAIK RealBot WIP does learn form humans, so first play the map with 2 (better 4) humans. Don't play silly, as the bots will learn from you. first take the common, easy, fast routes and do meet in the first round as quickly as possible.

If you need a waypoint file for RealBot 1.0, you need some moore reading on the commands mentioned in RealBot\doc\waypoionting.html [waypoint draw].

Cheers MeMeD

p.s.
if you need one for RB 1.0 i can help if you realy fail deperately

Old
  (#4)
taylorw

Default Re: noob needs help.. :) - 22-01-2004

Ok well i am pretty sure i dont have a WIP. i downloaded the RB: ai (realbot)1.0 file from this site, but on other sites like fileplanet ive seen realbot 3.0, and with the node machine, where it places its own waypoints, can you do that online? bc i dont have a server, and dont think i can get another person on a lan game (im on a router), so if you play online at a server with some custom map, will the bots learn from what we do then? And, where can i get the WIP files? I didnt see them on the download page.
Also - NOTE HOWEVER, that WIP is a WORK IN PROGRESS, so cannot be guaranteed to be stable AND you also need MetaMod installed and working to use it.
got that from one of the other qeustions of mine on a different thread. said u need metamod installed - i saw those on download page, but which one do i get?
Thanks

Last edited by taylorw; 22-01-2004 at 00:49..

Old
  (#5)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Well in that case I suppose you'd have more chance of getting help in the Realbot forum

Anyway if you don't know how to install metamod, I advise you to install AdminMod, since adminmod is a server management tool that requires metamod, and it comes with a nice installer.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#6)
Onno Kreuzinger

Hi,

remeber, for RB WIP to work you _need_ a working RB 1.0, WIP aint no full pakage, it's an update for 1.0....

oh b.t.w. apart the need for waypoints v1.0 is more playable and provides more features right now (e.g. grenade handling).

so you should get that running prior to trying WIP versions

Cheers MeMeD

Old
  (#7)
taylorw

Default Re: noob needs help.. :) - 25-01-2004

Umm... Baty said if I didnt know how to download MetaMods then get AdminMod, thing is - no server, just lan... and i play by myself with bots sometimes. Anyway, since I don't need/can't use admin mod (I think) can someone tell me how to install the metamods? I'll look thru the posts and if I find help i'll edit this post to say i found it

Old
  (#8)
Onno Kreuzinger

Default Re: noob needs help.. :) - 25-01-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorw
Umm... Baty said if I didnt know how to download MetaMods then get AdminMod, thing is - no server, just lan... and i play by myself with bots sometimes. Anyway, since I don't need/can't use admin mod (I think) can someone tell me how to install the metamods? I'll look thru the posts and if I find help i'll edit this post to say i found it
well don't get me wrong, but you mix some things up and some sentences don't make much sense :-)

- you allways play on a server (even when it's only on your local computer)
- "no server, just lan" seems sens free for me
- even if you "can't use" Adminmod, you should still be able to install it, else you miss out metamod (remeber, not needed for RealBot AI 1.0)
- install of metamod was said not to be discussed here, since everybody else who uses it explains how to get it running (amx ,adminmod,...)

Cheers MeMeD

Last edited by Onno Kreuzinger; 07-02-2004 at 21:52..