Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > YaPB
YaPB Yet another POD-Bot flavor by Whistler and Jeefo Counter-Strike

Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE.
Old
  (#1)
RR99i

Default Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE. - 05-11-2006

Hi strelomet and everyone,

strelomet and me had a talk about a couple of weeks ago. I told him my last PC died because of a power outage. Well, I got a new PC about two and a half weeks ago. It came with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Right now, I only own HP PCs. Once I get a job, I'll be building my own PC, with a copy of Windows. After getting Steam and Counter-Strike running. I found that when trying to download and install YaPB 2.30 from the Updater. I let the Updater run for close to a minute. Everything goes great before then, it's downloading. Then it brings up a Windows error box. My only choice is to close the updater.

I have a feeling it's Windows XP MCE. I never had this problem with Windows XP Home Edition on my PC that died. This PC was originally made for Windows XP MCE. When I got the PC, it didn't have HP System Recovery on it. So I talked to HP, it would cost a total of $18.51 to get the recovery disc. But I was nice. Telling them I never had this problem with a HP PC before. So I got it free of charge. I would like to keep Windows XP MCE, until I can get the money for Windows XP Home or Professional Edition. Or maybe see how Vista goes, before buying it.

But I would see problems with Vista, so I'll wait for a while. Windows XP MCE is basically (I read before buy this PC), is Windows XP Professional with a few extensions. With being on the internet at the wrong time, and strelomet having a life. It's hard to keep in contact, so I thought I would post this.

Re: Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE.
Old
  (#2)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE. - 05-11-2006

No need to buy new OS because of updater . Updater will down with YaPB 2.50, since instability, for a while.

You got the latest version now

Old
  (#3)
RR99i

Default Re: Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE. - 22-11-2006

Well, no luck with Windows XP Home Edition. The updater still crashes after downloading about 250K. It crashes because of ntdll.dll. I think it's my PC. I need to get the specs set up. Could be my Intel chipset on my motherboard. It's a Northbridge Intel i915P chipset. I'm not sure if updating with Intel's program off they're site. I've tried the latest Intel INF Update Utility program. But no luck. Maybe there maybe one version of the program I need to use. Just not sure what version.

Or, it could be my PC. I have some problems with dial-up crashing. Then, I have to reboot my PC. I've checked for viruses, trojans and spyware. I'm at a rough spot right now. I didn't buy a warranty for this PC. I bought it off eBay. I don't know what to do!

Old
  (#4)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE. - 23-11-2006

Wait till 2.50, updater will be killed. (temorary, while full rewrite).

Old
  (#5)
RR99i

Default Re: Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE. - 24-11-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by strelomet View Post
Wait till 2.50, updater will be killed. (temorary, while full rewrite).
Hey man! Guess what? IT WORKS! Yes! After a couple of days, I finally got XP Home Edition installed right. No way man, you don't have to kill the updater. What ever makes it easier for you to update YaPB. I just want to make sure your happy, with what you want to do.

I'm so glad I got my OS back, feels good. The updater didn't crash one bit. It downloaded and installed YaPB 2.05 (864), then 2.30 (999) just right. Remember when I told you that E[POD]bot version 5.3 would installed? Then, when I would load a game from Counter-Strike, it would freeze? Well, it still does that. It freezes at creating a server/game part of loading. I should post about this on the E[POD]bot forum. Maybe I can help. You told me that THE_STORM (which I hope had a wonderful birthday ) had Media Center Edition with version 5.2 (which would install and play). He then, for 5.3, went to XP Professional. I was hoping E[POD]bot 5.3 would work, but no luck.

You guys keep up the great work, no matter what. I would suggest XP Home or Professional. I have no need for XP Media Center Edition. It's good for TV and etc. I'M SO HAPPY! Sorry strelomet for posting. I'm not a PC expert, please... no way call me that. I've been using computers for about 6 years now. Still, I don't know a lot. But somehow, my mind and thinking hard, was able to install XP Home Edition. I know it's simple with the Retail disc. But with this PC designed for Media Center Edition, took sometime. But all is well now.

Old
  (#6)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE. - 24-11-2006

He went to XP Porfessional not for this reason, i don't know why. But EPB works on MediaCenter for sure, because he was using it . Maybe you got some stupid build of Media Center Edition ?

Old
  (#7)
RR99i

Default Re: Can't Install YaPB = Windows XP MCE. - 30-11-2006

Everything seems to be going well. I believe I'm ready to test YaPB. But it's been hard. I've been so addicted to watching HLTV and SourceTV. Watching clans play, and not get kicked from the game. Seeing that I'm on dial-up, that's the only online stuff I can do with Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source.

I may need to post this on E[POD]bot forum. I can install 5.3, but still get the same results, when loading a game on CS 1.6. What I mean by the same results, as I got them with XP Media Center Edition. The game will freeze when creating a server/game. So my only luck is to exit the game. I don't have this problem with YaPB 2.30.

I've been testing out YaPB 2.50. Everything runs pretty well, but, when running the game for about 15-30 minutes. It crashes to desktop. But I will definitely keep this in mind, IT'S ONLY A BETA.