.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Game servers > Server admin help
Server admin help Post here your questions related to how to get a server working, etc.

server.cfg being set back to default
Old
  (#1)
woot woot

Default server.cfg being set back to default - 23-08-2005

Ok, I've searched here, google, steam forums, cs forums, seems like no one has this problem.

My server.cfg keeps getting set back to default when I'm running my server. And the worst part is that no one is able to see my server. However, I can add my server via internal ip and add to favorites and connect to it. I've given my ext. and int. to my friends to connect but they can't. My sv_lan is set to 0 but that's in server.cfg and apparently that's not being read.

When I start my server, the hostname is Half-Life, my configs are executed however, but the rest is not.. any help?

I am behind a router, but, I've opened up the necessary ports. I didn't have this problem before.

//nevermind >.> forgot to open port 27016 sorry

Last edited by woot woot; 23-08-2005 at 07:30..

Re: server.cfg being set back to default
Old
  (#2)
teame06

Default Re: server.cfg being set back to default - 24-08-2005

Is this happening on after map change? or during start up?

Old
  (#3)
woot woot

It doesn't change through map change. At the start when I check for my server online, the name is Counter Strike Dedicated Server, not the name specified in my server.cfg. The only way it stays my hostname, is if I click the hostname in ds console and type it in and click ok.. now that is so darn annoying.

That's the only problem now. I got the rest working but the name changes like 30 seconds after my server is up.

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Go to Your CSTRIKE directory and list all files *.cfg they include "hostname" string (Total Commander -> ALT-F7 for example). Then list here the result of Your search. We will try to narrow for You the possible source of changing Your server's name.

Old
  (#5)
woot woot

Default Re: server.cfg being set back to default - 28-08-2005

Sorry for the late response, was on vacation.

Err the only .cfg that includes the "hostname" string is server.cfg. Can't find any other files with it.

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: server.cfg being set back to default - 30-08-2005

Try this way - disable metamod (switch back to mp.dll in the command line or in Your liblist.gam - however Yoyu are calling it). Then start Your server without nay plugins and look if the name of Your host is realy this one You have in Your server.cfg. If it works ok then make another test - enable back metamod.dll, but disable (by commenting out) all metamod plugins You have in Your metamod's plugins.ini (to be sure metamod is started, but it doesn't load any mm plugin). Then let me know if it change the name of Your host or not. You are playing CS1.6 Steam, right?

Old
  (#7)
woot woot

Default Re: server.cfg being set back to default - 30-08-2005

I am playing cs 1.6 steam right now, however, I will do the test when I get back from shopping. coz school is here.

I'll be back in a couple of hours or so.. sorry.

Old
  (#8)
woot woot

Default Re: server.cfg being set back to default - 31-08-2005

Ok, when I disabled metamod by replacing it with mp.dll in liblist.gam, after 15 seconds of my server being up, my hostname changes and I can't see my server on the Internet list. But!! when I change my map in the ds console from de_aztec to any other map, it changes back to the hostname I had in my server. cfg. ??? And my server will be shown in the Internet list.

I think this is the same for the rest if I put plugins in or not, all I'd have to do is change maps and my server hostname will be the name I put in my server.cfg.

Last edited by woot woot; 31-08-2005 at 00:57..