.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Re: PODbot not working.
Old
  (#11)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: PODbot not working. - 04-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyDOG
How do i know if my server is dedicated or Listen? And if it is Dedicated how can i change it to listen?( if needed) I thank you in advance.
Listenserver is the server, when You create a game and You are playing from the same PC without necessity starting the second window to join Your server. Basically - when You Choose from Your Steam "Games" Counter-Strike and then "Create a game" and You start it (one window and one process on the same PC).
If You start creating the game from "Tools" - there is an option - "Dedicated Server" - it starts up the windows with console and You can see in it who joined etc. To play on such server You need - join it from another PC or You need to start the game from Your Steam "Games" and selecting Counter-Strike then "Join the server" and You need to select Your DS PC or just type "connect IP_Address" in console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyDOG
For the rest of my inquiry. The All-in-one is not working for me has well. I am trying to find solutions on my own...but I think I need a little help now. My setup is done as stated. In my "cstrike" folder, I use, in "tools" on steam, "Dedicated Server", is that the right one? The other option I have is "Source Dedicated Server". At this point any help will be greatly appreciated.
The first basic question is - You want to play from the same PC and after closing the game the server must be off (this way You need to start listenserver - see above) orYou want to create a server for he people - setup it once and it has to work all time (this way You need to create a dedicated server).
As far I remember All-In-One installer asks You at installation's start where is Your cstrike folder (installer wants to create "addons" folder in it and all it should contain). If You want to start a listenserver - the target "cstrike" folder for Your All-In-One installer should be:
...\SteamApps\Your@email\counter-strike\cstrike
In the case You want to create a dedicated server, the target folder for All-In-One should be:
...\SteamApps\Your@email\dedicated server\cstrike
I hope it's clear now.
Everything described here in my post is related to CS1.6 Steam. Let me know if You want to play another mod (game).

BTW - next time - when You have some new question - not related to this what was mentioned in topic by topic starter, create the new topic. This topic tittle - "Podbot not working" might suggest every problem the people have should be written here - but it's only because topic starter called it so, and every new problem should be written in a separate topic.

Old
  (#12)
StanleyDOG

Default Re: PODbot not working. - 06-01-2006

Thank you for all your help. It is working great now.

Old
  (#13)
restoh

Default Re: PODbot not working. - 26-01-2006

PODBot worked great with CS 1.5 after I followed the instructions on the link kWo provided. Thanks.

However, I followed the exact same instructions for 1.6 and I completely exits out of the game. I get dumped back to Windows.

For CS 1.5 I got play game, then lan game, create a game, etc. I'm not clear on how to start a LAN game with CS 1.6.

Old
  (#14)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

You can't start lan games in CS 1.6, atleast I don't think you can.

But Just install cstrike through steam, install PodBot MM in <username/Counter-strike/cstrike/ I think and let it install, your .gam should be overwriten, then you will be able to go into CS 1.6, and Push New Game, pick map pick settings etc... and then start playing.

By Pushing "=" you can enter the podbot menu.

Old
  (#15)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

There are some waypoints files different for CS1.6 (some maps has been a bit changed - de_aztec, de_inferno etc) - so You need to use for them correct waypoint files. Look into readme in Your podbot\wptdefault directory. When You are using bad waypoints - Your CS may crash.

Old
  (#16)
restoh

How I started a local server game:

Open Steam
Launch Counter Strike
Select New Game
Select Map with available waypoints
Start Game

A few seconds go by and presto back to Windows.

Old
  (#17)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Go to Your cstrike/addons/metamod directory and find the file called plugins.ini
Then disable podbot_mm from loading by adding semicolon at the beginning of the line:
;win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll
Then try to start play without podbot.
BTW what is the date of creation of Your podbot_mm.dll?

Old
  (#18)
restoh

podbot_mm.dll = Aug 5th 2005, 3:09PM

I'll try your plugins tip after work. ;-)

I'm using the same download version at work and at home. The only difference is that I have CS 1.5 at work.

Old
  (#19)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: PODbot not working. - 27-01-2006

I only found a ; in front of Statsme in 2.6 I think.

Old
  (#20)
restoh

Default Re: PODbot not working. - 27-01-2006

Whoa, I think my Steam install is borked! I tried your ";" tip in plugins.ini and still got kicked out to Windows. I'm going to get my Steam working first then I'll try podbot again. Thanks for your help, though.