.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Game servers > Bot Servers
Bot Servers You own a bot server? Here is the place to chat about it!

Re: bot united server??
Old
  (#11)
Onno Kreuzinger
aka: memed / Server Admin

Default Re: bot united server?? - 26-03-2004

easy ?
easy to mess up !
oh don't get me wrong, but the last release of amx is 0.93, thats useless, and metmod's last official release ist 1.17. both are non steam.
the versions floating around are all not what i consider stable software, most are only avail. for glibc 2.3, but not for NPTL aware kernels. so its all a bit too messy for me. my amx and realbot crash on occasions so badly that i have to kill the server process to be able to restart.

you remember my fears of updating the glibc to 2.3, i still have my doubts that a rpm/suse based system can be updated w/o high risk of nuking the system. the fears are based on suse staff postings to the suse ML...

i also lack test servers having a decent 9.0 distro to figure out if that could work.

if anyone has the sources for the amx stuff i could give it a try, but i heard that the latest fixes are not avail to the public cvs, and the promissed version 1.0 is still not in sight.

i do have the metamod and hlsdk sources working at least for gcc-2.95 (which is b.t.w. the last stable release and prefered kernel compiler), i also have "some" amx sources, but they do not work as expected, afaik they need differend compiler versions to work, the kind of building i don't like :-)
(like the metamod build for cross-compilers, which is broken quite some time now, too)

the best to get it running quick, would be a pack of working binaries, as many as possible :-)

cheers memed

sunny morning view from my balcony:

see our WIKI!
see our filebase!

Last edited by Onno Kreuzinger; 07-04-2004 at 22:15..

Old
  (#12)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

metamod 1.17 DOES work with Steam, positively...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#13)
Onno Kreuzinger

oh, since when does the latest official metamod work with (latest) steam ? it was released back in november last year (www.metamod.org)
you got me wrong pmb, i know that it can work with steam, i patched and compiled it myself, you remember :-)
but that is not the point, the point is that getting the right versions, all from unofficial places, is not very good for making a reference server, or ?

a small search on "badf + metamod + bot" in our forum will point to loads of versions mixed, esp. since amx versions for glibc 2.2 are seldomly fount "on the net", even less often the other needed modules. e.g. i could not find a working wc3 mod for amx (i386/glibc 2.2).

i don't want to operate an unstable hl server as reference for bots-united, and for now i do not want to risk the server beeing dead, to update the glibc version. so the deadlock must be solved. at best would be the amx surce code, preferablly compiling with gcc 2.95.

if nothing helps i will gladly use "my" version of amx, that will work on suse 8.x and if restarted once a day no big problems will arise.

the rest does not to cause any problems.

cheers

see our WIKI!
see our filebase!

Last edited by Onno Kreuzinger; 26-03-2004 at 16:23..

Old
  (#14)
Terran

Default Re: bot united server?? - 28-03-2004

Well, the last official version of AMX is indeed 0.9.3. But the unofficial 0.9.8 version is available both for glibc2.3 and glibc2.2:

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30877

Alternatively there is AMX Mod X which is actively developed. But this still has some problems. They claim that simply recompiling AMX plugins would make them work for AMX Mod X but that's sadly not true. I tried it yesterday and most of our plugins failed to work as expected...

At the AMX Mod X site they maintain a modified version of MetaMod which has all resend changes and fixes. They also send those changes to Will Day who hopefully put them into the next official release.

Last edited by Terran; 28-03-2004 at 11:00.. Reason: it's recent not resend...

Old
  (#15)
Onno Kreuzinger

Default Re: bot united server?? - 01-04-2004

march 11th

well then i now have no reason to complain, i will check it out on my server if all is ok i will make it avail on the BU server, together with some "other" plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran
Well, the last official version of AMX is indeed 0.9.3. But the unofficial 0.9.8 version is available both for glibc2.3 and glibc2.2:

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30877

Alternatively there is AMX Mod X which is actively developed. But this still has some problems. They claim that simply recompiling AMX plugins would make them work for AMX Mod X but that's sadly not true. I tried it yesterday and most of our plugins failed to work as expected...

At the AMX Mod X site they maintain a modified version of MetaMod which has all resend changes and fixes. They also send those changes to Will Day who hopefully put them into the next official release.

see our WIKI!
see our filebase!

Old
  (#16)
Onno Kreuzinger

nah, what is that, the zip from 11.03. is zipped on dec. 3rd 2003 ?????
it exactly the the version i'm allready using.

nothing in the zip file is older than 3rd december, and unfortunately i don't know how to use the other stuff (wc3, udp, mthread,...), i did not find a suitable install guide searching google :-(

so back to wait mode and hope they will manage a version .99 or 1.0 sooner or later *g*

see our WIKI!
see our filebase!

Old
  (#17)
Terran

Meanwhile I was able to fix my plugins for AMXX but there is another bug either in MetaModX or AMXX which is causing constant SZ_Getspace errors.

I will investigate in that problem this weekend and report about it 9_9.

Old
  (#18)
dead bwoy

Default Re: bot united server?? - 05-04-2004

ive heard that sz_getspace has to do with a memory error.
im doing tests for a czero server with metamodx and i get alot of these. never got it on my cstrike server running metamod 1.17 (from metamod.org). This leads me to believe that metamodx has some (or alot) of memory issues?

BTW: is this a public server? and if so what's the ip?

Last edited by dead bwoy; 05-04-2004 at 09:12..

Old
  (#19)
Terran

Default Re: bot united server?? - 05-04-2004

The problem about SG_Getspace is that there are too many CVARs defined by the plugins. Especially czero is affected as it defines more CVARs then cstrike by default.
In the Off-Topic thead about the YaPB preview I posted a solution for this problem

Old
  (#20)
dead bwoy

Default Re: bot united server?? - 07-04-2004

a miracle...
havnt got it to work yet but ive seen it in action on a server.
this sz_space limit of cvars... is it defined in metamod, or the actual game dll itself?
and i havnt learned to use the wiki yet but this should definatly be posted there if it hasnt already.