.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Mean Warmode Makes Lazy BOTS
Old
  (#1)
osensei

Default Mean Warmode Makes Lazy BOTS - 25-06-2005

Yep! Thats right! Lazy!

I use mean to control these little mutant androids of yours (EPOD bots). In spite of my sarcastic introduction it works quit well. For the most part I am happy. But I have a few really neet custom maps for AWP, Scout and various warmodes. The problem is that when the BOTS play on maps that have weapon restrictions, they do wierd stuff.

AWP map really isn't as bad as the scout or knife maps but here is what's happening. On my scout map the BOTS use the scout like they're supposed to but after a few rounds they start using knife only! Once they encounter an enemy BOT (while using the knife), they just start circling one another and neither of them will attack the other. Once in a while they might attack with the knife. Most of the time they will not but when they do the attack is really wimpy.

On knife maps they rarely attempt to stab. They just walk and circle their opponent.

I have an HE map (nades only) called he_pool_night. In this map each player is followed across the map by floating nades that they can grab. This allows players to nade spam (since nades are the only weapon). Once the bot grabs the first nade they never throw it. They behave in the same manner as they do with the knife.

There are certain (weapon restricted) maps where the bots are spawned with their weapons. Then knives float down from the ceiling. I have a Japanese DOJO map that's like this. The bots are spawned with MAC10s and then receive floating knives that they subsequently grab onto. The problem is that once they grab the knife they then use it as their primary weapon. They only use the MAC10 after they've all been killed and the next round begins. They need to use their primary weapon right out of the gate even if they pick up a floater before the round begins.

I also have a Glock War map but the BOTS never shoot. I don't even think that they will run on this map. They just walk and wait for someone to kill them. If no one kills them then they will just find one another and circle.

I hope this gives you some Ideas for improvements.

Thanks o_O

Last edited by osensei; 25-06-2005 at 18:37..

Re: Mean Warmode Makes Lazy BOTS
Old
  (#2)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Mean Warmode Makes Lazy BOTS - 25-06-2005

E[POD]bot don't support custom map. Playing on this maps is on your own risk. There is a simple support for awp maps but still is not enough. The knife bug is well known but I still can't fix it.