.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#11)
pxbread

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 16-05-2006

verry nice ! this version work perfectly , bots have good move , cpu is good , the best version ? IT IS !!!

Old
  (#12)
Spiffyguy01

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 23-05-2006

Is there a specific metamod version required for the beta? I am using 1.18p26 with AMXX 1.6 and podbot_mm version R2b46d. I would like to try the beta version but want to know if I need to upgrade anything.

Thanks

Edit: Also I noticed in the new podbot.cfg there is no collectexperience line. Is this no longer used?

Last edited by Spiffyguy01; 23-05-2006 at 05:28..

Old
  (#13)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Just download the latest beta version from the FileBase
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=377

The latest version of AMXX is 1.17, other than that; your set.
The latest version of metamod is recomended for PodBot MetaMod.

Old
  (#14)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyguy01
Is there a specific metamod version required for the beta? I am using 1.18p26 with AMXX 1.6 and podbot_mm version R2b46d.
Yes - for the latest beta You need to use metamod 1.19/1.19p28. I would reccomend AMX X 1.71 (this is the correct number of the latest version of AMX X) - works much better and has less bugs than 1.60. Some useres also noticed better stability. You can try to use the All-In-One beta - it contains everything You need - mm 1.19, pb V3 beta, AMX X 1.71 with such plugins as ChickenMod, CSDM 1.70.30x, ATAC (some of the most frequently used AMX X plugins). You just need to unzip evrything to Your ...\cstrike or ...\czero folder (according to the mod You are playing). Let overwrite all files. But backup first Your current AMX X 1.60. To get working plugins they were working for older version 1.60 it's always recommended to recompile sma files with the latest AMX X (I mean if You have there some 3'th party custom plugins).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyguy01
Edit: Also I noticed in the new podbot.cfg there is no collectexperience line. Is this no longer used?
The collecting experience is always on since V3 (well it was so also in some R2B4x version, but the cfg file wasn't updated to remove that line). So collecting experience is still used, but the possibility to switching it off is no longer used.

Old
  (#15)
Spiffyguy01

Thanks for the info. I will try it out. I will probably keep my AMXX 1.6 for right now since I am running statsme and pyschostats. Can't mess up the webpage or my players will kill me lol.

Old
  (#16)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 24-05-2006

The new beta (V3 beta 12) is available
+ Fixed - bots shouldn't steal anymore Your hostages You are trying to rescue (after pressing "use" button).
+ Bots don't try to go to the rescue point if they don't have already a hostage (hostage got killed or some human-player stoled it)

That part of code is based on data included in private data - thanks to Johnny Got His Gun and AMX X dev team.

Old
  (#17)
Spiffyguy01

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 25-05-2006

quick question. does the auto kill feature work if there is no humans on the machine or does it only function if thre is a human on the server. I would like to use this function but if there is no one on the server I don't want the bots to just autodie.

Thanks.

Old
  (#18)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

It should work this way - if there is no human-player on Your server, the bots shouldn't die. If they die regardless of this if there are or there is no human-players - consider it as a bug. Check it out and inform me about it.

Old
  (#19)
Spiffyguy01

ok will check it out. So far though I have not noticed too much difference between the old bots and new version. They seem to aim more realisticly too and not headshot every kill, which is good. They seem to get bunched up together more though. I have noticed this happening a little before I upgraded to beta version. I figured it was the xp they had gained was "confusing" them. Will keep and eye on it.

Old
  (#20)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 08-06-2006

Just released V3 beta 12b.
+ Fixed burst mode in low distances to enemeies.

Some user reported a bug the bots unzoom after that change I did, but I couldn't reproduce it, so I decided to release that version.