.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Best Bot ?
Old
  (#1)
Captain Jack Sparrow

Default Best Bot ? - 01-04-2004

I have used POD Bots with the 1.5 version of Counter-Strike, but I can't seem to find it for 1.6. What is the best Bot program for 1.6 and where can I get it?

Thanks

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Re: Best Bot ?
Old
  (#2)
MusicMan

Default Re: Best Bot ? - 01-04-2004

which bot is the best is a question of taste, but if you like podbot I would recommend you getting pmb's fixed podbot 2.6 metamod plugin. Look for the thread "podbot back in to shape" in the metamod plugins forum

MusicMan

Last edited by MusicMan; 01-04-2004 at 10:48.. Reason: typo

Old
  (#3)
kedat

PMB (the guy who is now FIXing old buggy PODBot 2.6 source code) always uploads latest version here: http://racc.bots-united.com/releases/podbot.zip

You may also try new waypoints by SoUlFaThEr , here: http://forums.bots-united.com/attach...tachmentid=140.

Enjoy!

P.S. remember PODBot is now Metamod plugin so you need both

Old
  (#4)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

There are also other POD-bot clones with different features available here at Bots United... don't miss out E[POD]bot and IvPBot...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#5)
Captain Jack Sparrow

Default Re: Best Bot ? - 04-04-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedat
PMB (the guy who is now FIXing old buggy PODBot 2.6 source code) always uploads latest version here: http://racc.bots-united.com/releases/podbot.zip

You may also try new waypoints by SoUlFaThEr , here: http://forums.bots-united.com/attach...tachmentid=140.

Enjoy!

P.S. remember PODBot is now Metamod plugin so you need both
I downloaded it but how do i install it?

Old
  (#6)
MusicMan

Default Re: Best Bot ? - 04-04-2004

1 .download the metamod dll from www.metamod.org and put in the directory "cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls" then open your liblist.gam file in notepad and change the line "gamedll" to read "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll" instead of "dlls\mp.dll"

that was the metamod installation procedure now lets move on the podbot mm installation.

2 . download PMB's fixed podbot and unzip the archive to your "cstrike\addons" directory.
Then go to your "cstrike\addons\metamod" directory and create a new textdocument and type in the line:

"win32 addons\podbot\podbot_mm.dll" without the quotes and save it.

then rename the file to "plugins.ini" without the quotes and make sure that you are not hiding file extensions on all of your other files because if you are your file would really be called plugins.ini.txt which would not work.

3. start up CS and frag some bots

MusicMan

P.S I assume you are running windows.

Last edited by MusicMan; 04-04-2004 at 11:42..

Old
  (#7)
Captain Jack Sparrow

Default Re: Best Bot ? - 05-04-2004

I am running windows.

How do I makes sure about the file extensions?
And when I run up cs how do I start the bots?

Sorry for asking all these dumb questions.
The 1.5 version was way easier to install and run.

Old
  (#8)
MusicMan

Default Re: Best Bot ? - 05-04-2004

I have a danish version of Windows, but I will try and translate it at my best.

Open up My Computer.
click Tools at the top of the screen.
click Folder Settings.
click Show.
Uncheck "hide file extensions on known file types".

That should solve the extension problem and as far as the bots starting on my computer they are added automatically at the start of a round.

You can push the "p" button to get a menu with podbot options.

I Hope this helps you

MusicMan

Old
  (#9)
Captain Jack Sparrow

Default Re: Best Bot ? - 06-04-2004

I dont have a cstrike/addons. Can I do this on my PC or do I need a server?

Old
  (#10)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: Best Bot ? - 06-04-2004

hmm... this might be when we need an installer like austin's..
anyways...
i'm just supposing you have mod version of counter-strike and that you installed halflife on C drive..
-------
1. Extract podbot using winzip or something..

2. Open My Computer and in the address bar(the top thing that says "My Computer") type in "C:\Sierra\Half-life\cstrike" and push ENTER.

3. Now look to see if you have a directory called "addons"
if you do skip #4.

4. Right click on some whitespace in the windows you have. Do NOT right click on a file. Then goto New... and it will open a submenu. Then click on "Create New Folder" in the submenu. Name that folder "addons" without the quotes.

5. Navigate to where you extracted podbot and right click on it and click on "Cut".

6. Open the folder called "addons" then right click on some whitespace and goto "Paste"

7. If you do not have metamod installed, http://metamod.org/dl/dlls/metamod.dll.zip click to download. After it is done, extract it somewhere and make a folder called "metamod" (if you do not know how to make a folder goto step #4 except instead of addons, name it "metamod". Make a folder called "dlls" in the metamod folder.

8. Copy "metamod.dll" to the folder called "dlls" in the folder called "metamod".

9. If you do not have a file called "plugins.ini" in your "metamod" folder, Open notepad(C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe) then click on the word "File" on the top. Then click on "Save as...". It should open a windows. Near the bottom of that window find a Drop down box, click on it and goto "All Files". Then navigate to "C:\Sierra\Half-life\cstrike\addons\metamod" and in the box above the Drop down box type in "plugins.ini" and push ENTER.

10. Put "Win32 addons/podbot/podbot.dll" in your "plugins.ini" file. Then click on "File" and click on "Save".

11. Click on "FIle" then click on "Open" and type in the textbox "C:\Sierra\Half-life\cstrike\liblist.gam" and push ENTER.

12. Find where it says 'gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"' and change "dlls\mp.dll" to "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll". Then goto "File" and click on "Save".

13. I think this is it... just run counter-strike and create a lan game or something..