.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

mp_breakout and denoflions_dual
Old
  (#1)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default mp_breakout and denoflions_dual - 11-03-2006

I've been sitting on these a while..

Breakout is fully playable except they don't spawn at FDA atm. It's something that may be fixed with the next patch.

map link:
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil..._Breakout;5185

Denoflions_dual isn't playable yet. I'm posting it here if anyone wants to take ownership of the waypoints. I'm a bit busy with ET waypoints now. The nodes are all laid out for it (all 1024 of them). It just needs actions added and most likely navigation tweaks. It has the same FDA issue as breakout. It's a large map thats fun to play.

map link:
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...of_Lions;12226

both zip files can be extracted to the Fritzbot folder
Attached Files
File Type: zip mp_breakout-BETA.zip (25.3 KB, 382 views)
File Type: zip denoflions_dual-ALPHA.zip (15.5 KB, 364 views)

Re: mp_breakout and denoflions_dual
Old
  (#2)
Valiant

Default Re: mp_breakout and denoflions_dual - 11-03-2006

I ran around through normandy breakout, my alltime favorite map as it so happens - great work there. I saw for myself what you were saying about the FDA, though it doesn't detract from the playstyle much and the Axis still go nab the flag to keep it interesting.

I had to tweak my com_hunkmegs and com_soundmegs a bit to get den of lions to even run - but WOW! I know 1024 nodes is alot, but there's just no comparison to actually seeing the sheer amount of them laid out in front of you in-game. I'm interested in taking a crack at this thing for you but, to be honest it may just be flat out of my league alltogether.

Either way I'll need a few days to familiarize myself with such an extensive architecture and... after fifteen minutes of being lost I finally found the FDA.. lol. If/when I can get the routes on Schwalbe working, I'll see what I can do with this - though, this shouldn't stop others from trying, I just have to confess the scale of this is more daunting than I had imagined.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Old
  (#3)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: mp_breakout and denoflions_dual - 13-03-2006

Because breakout is a very balanced map, the flag is pretty imprtant on it I think. Especially when there is alot of defense. Unlike online play where defenders get bored, the bots don't leave. So the current waypoints make for very long games alot of the time.

For denoflions_dual, the basic principles are the same. It's just a large map. If you look at how Denny set market garden and depot up, you will see that action_class is used to define offensive and defensive 'teams'. Mal added a special eng_camp action that engineers will use at times to defend as well (rather than always being on offense). TBH schwalbe is a more complicated map than denoflions_dual.

Old
  (#4)
Valiant

Default Re: mp_breakout and denoflions_dual - 13-03-2006

I guess I didn't notice the impact of the spawn flag, because I was too busy sneaking around and finishing the map on my own. I didn't even think to wait to see if the bots could complete it on their own and how long it would take.

As for Den of Lions, ehh good point. Its just a big map is all. The objectives aren't complicated or especially numerous. I haven't had time lately but, I'll be digging into that again pretty soon here. I noticed you have a few of the basic actions already in place, so it should be a relatively simple matter of defining and placing defensive/offensive team actions and I'm thinking I'll need to establish routes, given the amount of available paths. Thats something I'm still tinkering with so, hopefully patience is in high supply.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Old
  (#5)
TNR360

Default Re: mp_breakout and denoflions_dual - 11-08-2006

I like this map but...

how do I get this working???

I was fine when I put in waypoints for other maps but with this one it tells me it cannot find path file or something?

thanks

Old
  (#6)
TNR360

what I mean is where do I put the files?????

Old
  (#7)
TNR360

I figured it out

I was using an old version of breakout.

another problem though when I try and load the final version (with or without fritzbot) it gives me this error:

G_script_scriptparse( ),error(line11): unknown action: wm_mapdescription

the old version would load though (there just weren't and bots)

EDIT: crap why is the beta 2 for Enemy territory and beta 3/final for RTCW?????????????????????????????????? wtf
is there a waypoint for enemy territory?

thanks

Old
  (#8)
TNR360

Default Re: mp_breakout and denoflions_dual - 14-09-2006

Can these waypoints be ported to enemy territory?

thanks