.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Thanx...
Old
  (#31)
Asurmen

Default Thanx... - 16-03-2004

Thanx for the links. I'm going to do some testing with this bot. Until next time cheers!

-The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. -Spok Star Trek

-Go forth and kick ass soldiers! -Quake2

Re: Pro Waypointers
Old
  (#32)
obz

Default Re: Pro Waypointers - 21-03-2004

i already tried NiceBot 1.3.1 by KAB i downloaded it from http://reallite.com.ru/ and i can say this bot is awesome & w/ advance features!!! from ReadEng.txt:

************************************************** ****************************************
Nice Bot v1.3.1 *
************************************************** ****************************************
Date: 24.02.2004 *
Time 08:00:00 *
CREDITS: *
CREATED BY KaB *
SPECIAL THANKS: *
BOTMAN(HPB_BOT) *
COUNT FLOYD(POD_BOT) *
This forum: http://forums.bots-united.com/ and to his participants *
And also: SnaYpeR, Voyaka, Wassabi*Oomm, bora *
Installation: Make a backup copy of your file liblist.gam.
Extract files from archive to your cstrike directory (C:\Games\valve\cstrike for example).
Copy new liblist.gam in a folder cstrike.
To play with CS version 1.5 or below : copy all *.niw files from directory cs15Wayp to
directory MapsWayp.
To play with CS version 1.6: copy all *.niw files from directory cs16Wayp to
directory MapsWayp.

Uninstall: Copy your old liblist.gam in a directory cstrike. Remove directory NiceBot.
Editing:
Commands nicebot.cfg:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
min_bots (0/31) - minimum number of bots.
max_bots (1/32) - maximum number of bots.
addskill (0/1) - turns on/off the Skilldisplay.
botminskill (1/100) - minimum Skill of Bots.
botmaxskill (1/100) - maximum Skill of Bots.

By default 0 - NO, 1 - YES.

moveandshoot (1/0/2) - bots would use strafe during fight? (0 - would not, 1 - if the enemy is near, 2 - if the enemy is
far (and not during shooting, but during pauses)).
freecamp (0/1) - bots choose a place for camping(it was used up to version NiceBot1.2).
waypcamp (1/0) - bots camp on special camping waypoint (it was used up to version NiceBot1.2).

firstgrenade (1/0) - bots can use special attack when they have grenades.
Before the beginning of fight, bots throw grenades to a place
where in their opinion the enemy should appear.

thostage (0/1) - terrorists can operate hostages.
cthostage (1/0) - counter-terrorist can operate hostages.
botdontshoot (0/1) - bots do not shoot?
smokeaff (1/0) - bots react on smoke grenade?
flashaff (1/0) - bots react on flash grenade?
inhumanturns (0/1/2) - "instant turn", a bot very quickly is defined who is looking at it.
0 - NO, 1 - YES
ubutton (1/0) - bots use objects such as func_button?

knifeattack (1/0) - in the beginning of a round bots can swing a knife.

botbuy (1/0) - bots can buy weapons and items?
bind "=" "botmenu" - menu for bots
bind "o" "wmenu" - menu for waypoints editing
bind "\" "waypmenu" - menu for addition waypoint
bind "p" "pwmenu" - menu for editing ways (pathway)
Console commands:
addbot - add bot.
botkickall - kick all bots.
botkillall - kill all bots.
kicktbot - kick one bot from a terrorists command.
kickctbot - kick one bot from a counter-terrorist command.
ctime - show current time.
For other commands, look in section "waypointing".
Also can use certain nicebot.cfg for the certain map.
The file should refer to so "mapname (without expansion)_bot.cfg " and to be in folder MapsWayp.
For example, in folder MapsWayp there is a file fy_iceworld_bot.cfg.
It makes bots not to try to buy weapons on fy_iceworld map.
New commands (v1.1a) nicebot.cfg:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
deathgrenade (1/0) - bot throws grenade if it sees that its teammate died and does not see the one who has killed him.
threatgrenade (1/0) - bot throws grenade if the target has disappeared.
heargrenade (0/1) - bot throws grenade if it has heard the enemy near and does not see him (in practice appeared poorly effective,
therefore by default this option is switched - off)
Attention: if all values: firstgrenade, deathgrenade, threatgrenade, heargrenade will be equal to zero, bots will not throw grenades at all!
changetactic (1/0) - bots use random special "initial" tactics (see below)
tacticrnd 4 - changes from 0 - 30. As frequently bots use special "initial" tactics (4 - means: 1 chance from 5, that the bots will use
special "initial" tactic)
showtactmes (0/1) - show what special tactic is used by team?
bullettrace (0/1) - show a bullet trace? (as in Half-life) - while is supported short
snipertrace (1/0) - show a bullet trace when shooting from scout and awp (it is used only if bullettrace = 1)
pistoltrace (1/0) - show a bullet trace when shooting from pistols (is used only if bullettrace = 1)
shotguntrace (1/0) - show a bullet trace when shooting from shotguns (is used only if bullettrace = 1)
asnipertrace (1/0) - show a bullet trace when shooting from SG500 and G3SG1 (is used only if bullettrace = 1)
easyround (1/0) - whether bots can "hand over" a round to save up money?
bind "c" "bmenu" - menu for management of special "initial" tactics:
1. Random (default) - tactics which bots use by default
2. Move to one WAY waypoint (Rush) - all bots from this Team run to one WAY-waypoint (see Waypointing.txt)
3. Rush and Wait - all bots from this Team run to one WAY-waypoint and wait for the opponent.
4. Random Rush and Wait - all bots from this Team run to different WAY-waypoint and wait for the opponent.
5. Move to Critical Point - Counter-terrorists: on CS_ maps run to hostages; on DE_ maps run to bombplace and wait.
Terrorists: on CS_ maps run to hostages and wait; on DE_ maps run to one bombplace.
6. Rush to First Threat Point - all bots from this Team run to a place, where in the last round, the enemy
for the first time has been noticed.
Tactics established by you will work only in the following (!) round.
Sometimes (depending on "tacticrnd") bots from your Team will choose themselves one of these tactics.
Commands NiceWeapons.cfg:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ATTENTIONO NOT change structure of file! Change only numbers. You can use one number for different types
of the weapon, however avoid it better. Priorities for primary (machine guns, rifles, etc.) and
secondary weapon (pistols) in game calculate separately. If Desert Eagle has priority 50, it does not mean,
that it is better MAC10 with priority 1.
For AGRESSIVE, PASSIVE, NORMAL available values 0 - 50
0 - the minimal priority. Bot will not use this weapon
50 - the maximal priority.
For ECONOMICS available values 0 - 16000
ATTENTION: at first, the bot buys primary weapon, then armor, then a pistol, then ammo for weapons,
then Defuse Kit (CT), grenades(Such order is valid only UP TO the version 1.3 Since the version 1.3 the user
himself can to adjust the order of purchase of a bot (in file NiceWeapons.cfg, see below)
[ECONOMICS] 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
0 - if bot's money more than the value specified here (default=2400) it can buy the primary weapon
1 - If bot's money more than the value specified here (default=3800) it will not buy Sub-Machine Guns (MP5NAVY,
MAC10, TMP, P90, UMP45) (only for counter-terrorists) To this value added value from item 7, 8 or 9. See. Below.
2 - if bot's money more than the value specified here (default=3000) it will not buy Sub-Machine Guns (MP5NAVY,
MAC10, TMP, P90, UMP45, and also scout) (only for terrorists) To this value added value from item 7, 8 or 9. See. Below.
3 - If bot's money more than the value specified here (default=4000) it can buy shotguns (M3, XM1014)
4 - if bot's money less than the value specified here (default=6000) it cannot buy shotguns (M3, XM1014)
5 - If bot's money more than the value specified here (default=7000) it can buy AWM, SG550, G3SG1, M249
6 - if bot's money less than the value specified here (default=16000) it cannot buy AWM, SG550, G3SG1, M249
7 - how much money bot leaves a prostock, at purchase of the primary weapon (default=1300) (only for type of behaviour - PASSIVE)
8 - how much money bot leaves a prostock, at purchase of the primary weapon (on default=300) (only for type of behaviour - AGRESSIVE)
9 - how much money bot leaves a prostock, at purchase of the primary weapon (on default=700) (only for type of behaviour - NORMAL)
New commands (v1.2) nicebot.cfg:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
maxgrbots (0/31) - (by default = 1) max. quantity of bots that can execute your command: "throw grenade " (see below)
firstdanger (1/0) - Places where during last round bot has met enemy for the first time, will be considered as danger
and the next time the bot will be there, it will be cautious.
djump (1/0) - Can bot use double jump(use the teammate (other bot or you) as a support)
newcs (0/1) - CS version: 0 - 1.5 and below, 1 - 1.6
bind "HOME" "throwflsm" - command: "throw grenade" (flash or smoke).
bind "PGUP" "throwhe" - command: "throw grenade" (HE Grenade).
The point in which the bot will aim depends on position of your crosshair. The point of an aiming should not be too far.
Certainly, the bot should have grenades, it should not be in combat, it should be in a visibility range,
the bot should not be too far from you.
New options of the menu (v1.2) ("bmenu"):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I) New spec. "Initial" tactics":
8. Easy Round - all bots (from this team) don't buy primary weapon
II) Orders:
1. Drop the Bomb - order to a bot to throw out C4
2. Sit Down - order to a bot to sit down in this place. It is used to make djump. As soon as you will be taken away
on a bot, jump up, the bot will rise.
3. Go - order to a bot to run further. It is usually used after successful djump.
Commands NiceSkill.cfg (v1.2):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0 - ideal accuracy.
AIM_X, AIM_Y, AIM_Z - (min = 0.0) accuracy during shooting (on axes XYZ).
AIM_SPEED - (0.0/1.0) speed of an aiming. (0.0 - it is very fast, 1.0 - very slow)
AIM_THRUWALL - (min = 0.0) accuracy during shooting through walls.
FL_AIM_XYZ - (min = 0.0) accuracy during shooting (at blinding flash).
SM_AIM_XYZ - (min = 0.0) accuracy during shooting (at influence smoke).
FLSM_AIM_TIME - (min = 0.0) additional time of an aiming at blinding flash and influence smoke.
New commands NiceWeapons.cfg (v1.3):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[BUYORDER] 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,5,0
Primary Weapon, Armor, Second Weapon, Ammo, HE Grenade, FLash Grenade, Smoke Grenade, Defuse Kit, Riot Shield
Order for buy.
By default: at first, the bot buys Riot Shield (as his value = 0), then Primary Weapon (as his value = 1),
then Armor(2), Second Weapon(3), Ammo(4), Defuse Kit(5), HE Grenade(6), FL Grenade(7), SM Grenade(.
ATTENTION: used only values: 0 - 8, and they should not repeat!
The note: Riot Shield should matter less, than at Primary Weapon. As, if the bot has a primary weapon it will not buy a
shield.
[OTHERPRI] 70,50,35,15
HE grenade, FL grenade, SM grenade, RIOT SHIELD
Percent to buy this item.
Allowable values: 0 - 100.
70 - means: 70 % from 100, whether that a bot will buy HE grenade.
[WEAPSIDE]
Bot will buy this weapon (for all maps, except for AS _).
1 - terrorists can buy only, 2 - counter-terrorist can buy only, 0 - everybody can buy, 3 - nobody can buy.
[WEAPSIDEAS]
Bot will buy this weapon (only for AS_ maps).
1 - terrorists can buy only, 2 - counter-terrorist can buy only, 0 - everybody can buy, 3 - nobody can buy.
New console commands(v1.3):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
botbuy (1/0) - bots can buy weapons and items?
firstdanger (1/0) - Places where during last round bot has met enemy for the first time, will be considered as danger
and the next time the bot will be there, it will be cautious.
New commands NiceSkill.cfg (v1.3):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEAR_SHOOTHRU_WALL - (0/1) bots can shooting through obstacles (if heard someone)

Running on Win32 Dedicated servers:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Use "nb" CVAR:
nb addbot
nb botkickall
nb kicktbot
nb kickctbot
nb botkillall
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
|Remember! This program is distributed absolutely freely. You use it at own risk. The author does not |
|bear the responsibility for damage of your program or any other maintenance. |
|_________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____|

Last edited by obz; 21-03-2004 at 01:29..

Old
  (#33)
denis

Default Re: Pro Waypointers - 31-03-2004

i have played with nicebot for a while and waypointed many maps, let's say around 100 maps, if anyone is interested to host i can mail them, they are waypointed with version 1.0 and and cs1.5, im still upgrading my server to 1.6.

Old
  (#34)
Ammar

Default Re: Pro Waypointers - 03-04-2004

Hey, this bot has some features I have not seen in any other bot. I got the Nicebot 1.3 and the update. The bots actually buy like humans, switch to knife and rush until the point where they switch back, which is something unique. Another thing which surprised the hell out of me was when the bots actually created a ladder, and one bot camped on the crates, where no person could reach, very nice. But the only flaw i have seen is, that when spectating and playing u can see that the bot switches 180 degrees in less than a seccond, making it seemingly imposible to surprise them from the back. This creates a lot of unrealism. Another thing I have noticed is that when playing a map, the bpts either take one route or the other, they never go in small goups and take each route available. Besides this nice job guys!

Old
  (#35)
El Tarantado

I tried the bot but it crashes before the game start....

Old
  (#36)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis
i have played with nicebot for a while and waypointed many maps, let's say around 100 maps, if anyone is interested to host i can mail them, they are waypointed with version 1.0 and and cs1.5, im still upgrading my server to 1.6.
Hey denis! Are you denis from nukebox, the person I sent my maphack utilty to ? Just wondering...

You might be insterested in the new version which makes it totally easy to add spawnpoints, removes buys zones and a number of other thigns.

Old
  (#37)
Ammar

The bot crashes for u because u have not updated it to the 3.1 version, i tried to play before updating and it didmnt work. The 3.1 version makes it possible to play with updated steam, look back one page for the url.

Old
  (#38)
El Tarantado

Default Re: Pro Waypointers - 04-04-2004

Nicebot is..... "Nice"! You guys should look at it because it's quite good. They work very well with cs 1.6 too... First time I see a CS bot stack up to get to higher places. You can also tell them to drop the bomb which is very usefull. This bot should be ported to metamod to make it more convinient...

Old
  (#39)
denis

Default Re: Pro Waypointers - 04-04-2004

yes im the same denis of nukebox, hi austin im still using your map edit tool. of course im interested, you can send me your tool to: denisishere@yahoo.com

Old
  (#40)
hanimei

Default Re: Pro Waypointers - 19-06-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by strelok
I already spoke, that the bot is based not on POD-BOT. Soon there will be a new version with readme.txt in English.
are there any news on nicebot?
it's a long time ago since i heard of a new release

i know that your bot is based on hpb and it's quite good, just some suggestions for your work:
- shooting is very nice, but sometimes not humanlike
-> remove instant 180 degree turns in your code
- movement is horrible , still to waypoint based
-> you should define a zone instead of a single waypoint for movements, like in zbot
- far too less random and tactic oriented
-> add improved tactics, like teamrush, combined team attacks, covering each other, and so on... if they win the round, probability of keeping the tactic will be higher than on a lost match

last but not least:
if you're not going to update your bot any further, i'd be pleased if i could get a view on your sourcecode, to make some adjustments. but i'm still hoping you would continue

greets