.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Problems downloading POD-Bot mm
Old
  (#1)
glabb

Default Problems downloading POD-Bot mm - 19-10-2004

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums, and I can't seem to be able to download POD-Bot mm from the filebase. Each time I click to download it, it'll bring me to a page with the terms. Once I've read them and clicked "I Agree" it just brings me back to the index showing me all the available downloads.

Is there something I must do before I can get the bots?

Thanks in advance. All help is much appreciated

Re: Problems downloading POD-Bot mm
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Problems downloading POD-Bot mm - 19-10-2004

Try again ?

I bet someone was working on the filebase at this moment. Onno wanted to synchronize the login cookies. I don't know whether he's done or not.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#3)
glabb

Ahhh, it works!! Haha, thanks for the prompt reply Pierre-Marie Baty

By the way...this is a bit embarrassing, but which file should I be downloading?

The Release #2 build 1 right?

Oh and another newbie question I hope you don't mind answering? Does this bot interfere with me being able to play on Steam servers? Is there any extra stuff I must do? Or do I just extract into the cstrike folder et voila, it's done?

Haha, thanks again...

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

First of all, you must have MetaMod installed on your PC because PODBot is now a MetaMod plugin. If you need help with MetaMod, check the Common Questions forum first - there's a sticky thread about installing MetaMod right on top.

Then you need the last official release - release 2 build 1, as you guessed correctly. This release contains all files you need for PODBot.

Finally, you can download the latest build (R2B43) and replace your podbot.dll with it. afaik, the filebase still calls it a "Beta", but in fact it works better than the old official release...

And no, PODBot won't cause any problems with Steam. You will still be able to...
  • connect to Steam servers as before
  • use all Steam features as before
  • join multiplayer games on any server you like
  • play LAN games without bots
Unless you configure PODBot to do so, no bot will join auromatically and mess anything up. The game will load normally, MetaMod will load and run the PODBot plugin, but as long as you don't tell it to do anything, it will just remain peacefully in the background.

Well, good luck with the installation... let us know if it worked or if there are any difficulties we can help you to master!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#5)
glabb

Wow, the support on Bots-United is great! Hehe...thanks a lot for all your tips.

I've been trying to download metamod after reading the podbot "readme" file. But the link on www.metamod.org and also the adminmod on www.adminmod.org all lead to links that can't be downloaded. I'm not sure what's wrong...but probably they exceeded their bandwith?

Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow. That's the only thing holding me back from trying out Pod-Bot mm

EDIT: Oh, by the way, there seems to be a slight hiccup when downloading waypoints from the filebase? It says "You are not authorized to view this page" when I click on the "Download File". Is it just me?

Last edited by glabb; 19-10-2004 at 20:07..

Old
  (#6)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Now that's odd... ??? I just went to metamod.org and tried... for me, download links worked fine (and I don't even use Internet Explorer, but Firefox). This link here...
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/m...n.zip?download
leads to an entire list of mirrors, and I just randomly picked one - it worked perfectly.

Could something with your browser be wrong? Do you have "automatic redirect" disabled? Are you using a firewall which might have too restrictive settings?

Anyway, if you can't download there, you can try the MetaMod version from Pierre-Marie Baty's site:
http://racc.bots-united.com/releases/metamod-1.17sp.zip
I'm using this version myself, so I can attest that it works well with PODbot.

As for the filebase bug: Yes, I just checked, and I got a "forbidden" error, too. Seems like the filebase isn't back to full functionality yet after the new server setup... but I bet these little "hiccups" wil be fixed shortly.

Old
  (#7)
glabb

Yaiks, I just finished doing everything. Made the plugins.ini, addons folder, metamod folder, replaced the podbot dll..etc etc...

When I start the game, I can see bots being added automatically. Then suddenly an error appears that says Visibility Tables out of date (Rebuilding 0%). Then after that the whole game just shuts down...

Is there something else I need to do? I was so looking forward to getting some kills before bed...haha, looks like that won't happen now

Oh and how do I set the auto addbot to "off"? I might not want it sometimes...

Thanks thanks very very much much!

EDIT: Very sorry to keep posting and editing. But I found out that it was only on a particular map (Soulfather's awp_map waypoints). Hehe...

Last edited by glabb; 19-10-2004 at 20:42..

Old
  (#8)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by glabb
Wow, the support on Bots-United is great! Hehe...thanks a lot for all your tips.
wow, I feel cheered up when I see something like that

Quote:
I've been trying to download metamod after reading the podbot "readme" file. But the link on www.metamod.org and also the adminmod on www.adminmod.org all lead to links that can't be downloaded. I'm not sure what's wrong...but probably they exceeded their bandwith?

Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow. That's the only thing holding me back from trying out Pod-Bot mm
well, looks like metamod is now on sourceforge.net, you can get it from there I think.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, by the way, there seems to be a slight hiccup when downloading waypoints from the filebase? It says "You are not authorized to view this page" when I click on the "Download File". Is it just me?
It was not you. Try again ? It was a directory permissions problem.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#9)
Huntkillaz

hey u guys all know that the presetup pack and the full pack on my site is exactly like the r2b1 release except the configs and dll's have been updated...right? ???

●_•

Old
  (#10)
>BKA< T Wrecks

@ Huntakillaz: Right. That's where I wanted to point our new lad. But when I went to your site, it said the traffic limit had been exceeded... that's why I didn't write anything about it.

@ glabb: You can prevent bots from joining automatically by removing a few lines from the file "podbot.cfg" (should be in cstrike\addons\podbot\). Just open it with Notepad (or whatever text file editor you may use) and search for lines that say "addbot". You ought to find a little paragraph that explains a bit about this addbot feature, and right below there should be some "addbot" lines. If you remove them or comment them out (by changing them from "addbot" to "#addbot"), no bot will join automatically. To make 100% sure bots don't join automatically, find the parameter "min_bots", and if the number behind is higher than zero (e.g. min_bots 4"), change it to zero ("min_bots 0").

The other "error" is actually not an error. PODBot 2.5 used to calculate the visibility table for a map every time you started a game on that map. PODBot 2.6mm calculates the visibility table once, saves it as soon as you change to another mao, and the next time you play, it just loads the previously saved visibility table from a file.
This means that PB 2.6mm will create visibility tables once for every map. Unless you change the waypoint files, the visibility table will never be calculated again.
While calculation of the visibility table is in progress, you will see the HUD message you saw, and you will notice that the game runs kinda choppy. After some seconds (the bigger the waypoint file, the longer it takes), the game will behave normally again. The next time you play that map, you won't notice any lag at all, because the visibility table can be quickly loaded from the file that was created the last time.

You can change to your waypoint folder and see the visibility tables. They are called like the map they belong to, and their extension is "pvi". The visibility table for de_dust, for example, would be called "de_dust.pvi".

As for the crash you get on awp_map, I can't come up with anything smart spontaneously, sorry...

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 19-10-2004 at 23:27..