.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > RealBot > The RealBot 'Source'
The RealBot 'Source' Discuss things about the source code. You can here point out bugs, share ideas and code. Assign to become an 'official team member' and so on!

Come on guys...
Old
  (#1)
V or 'Tex

Default Come on guys... - 08-05-2004

Release a beta, or SOMETHING. Because our Flying Dutchman is disappeared again and if none of you compile the code so that we can play something you will lose your community.

Wow, I'm about to leave myself. You know why? I don't see any news or discussion about the source. Nada.

That's not a community, that's 4 developers testing code and maybe releasing a snippet of news "oh I got something fixed today." Hey, dipshit we don't care! We want to get our hands on something, because the current WIP is not that good. I know Stefan has already fixed some things, and I know you guys have started fixing others.

SO WHEN DO WE GET TO SEE IT?!

Re: Come on guys...
Old
  (#2)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Come on guys... - 08-05-2004

ive heard this before.. and there is nothing stoping you from leaving.. you dont have to stay..

its like this.. for those who dont handle it usually leave for awhile..

but remember this.. bot makers do this for free.. spend own time to give ppl a bot.. ppl like you.. and you got a bot.. you can play with it cant you?..

sit back and wait..

Old
  (#3)
T!m

Default Re: Come on guys... - 08-05-2004

be patient, stefan is/was on a vacantion (he probebly be back this weekend because vacantion time is over now ).
I hope he did some coding on his vacantion, but i'm sure if he gets back he has some fresh idea's about RB and releasing the source.

in/out

Old
  (#4)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Current Status: MIA

Default Re: Come on guys... - 09-05-2004

stefan isnt getting paid for this hes sacraficing his time to make us a good bot and REALBOT has gone months w/o news and we really never lost our community many of us are still here.

Spamming RB Forums Since August 2001.

Old
  (#5)
davek

Default Re: Come on guys... - 09-05-2004

still here. been here a few years. not from the beginning, but for quite a while.

stefan dissapears relatively frequently actually. it hurt a bit more this time, cuz he has so many updates in his progress thread, but its not released.

and about the whole 'team' thing, as far as i know, stefan hasnt really set up that team yet, he asked people to sign up and then dissapeared. anyone can get a look at the code. i did. and downloaded, but i had too much trouble trying to compile it, and gave up. even if i could compile it, i imagine its rather buggy right now, which would explain why stefan hasnt released it yet.

and like everyone else said, stefan isnt getting paid for this, so he owes us nothing. granted, it can be annoying when he toys with us saying that he has all these cool changes, but not releasing them. but that is power that he has.

just trust stefan that he will release it when it/he is ready.

Old
  (#6)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Come on guys... - 10-05-2004

lets put up some facts here

- i am just back from vacation, i was back at friday but i had a big party so i am actually really 'back' today... which is also relative btw.
- the coming weeks will be superbly hectic on the school side. I have big tests coming, practice assignments and actually not enough time to even get through that. So i am getting stressed on that part.
- there is a girl (need to say more?) again in the scene... and we are not a 'we' yet, so you can imagine how things would go now.
- i am busy with rb on several things, things you do not notice immidiatly. In the vacation i cleaned up one source file. Hey, its vacation dude! But it also took a lot of time for just one file. I decided i would clean the code later on because its off no use
- there is no official team yet. There is nothing officially released. If you can download the source now, you can compile it, the easiest way would be to download the HPB_Bot (metamod one) template, if you can compile that then you just remove the source files and replace them with RB ones. After that you can simply try to compile it again but make sure the dll file is now 'realbot.dll' and not 'hpb_bot.dll'... play with MSVC!

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#7)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Come on guys... - 10-05-2004

peice a cake.. lets compile o_O

Old
  (#8)
Hacker Harry

Default Re: Come on guys... - 11-05-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
lets put up some facts here
[...]
- there is a girl (need to say more?) again in the scene... and we are not a 'we' yet, so you can imagine how things would go now.
this needs some work and time...most of us will understand that

Quote:
- [...] Hey, its vacation dude! [...]
right you are. take your time! just ignore those boneheads that are trying to rush things...

Quote:
- [...]After that you can simply try to compile it again but make sure the dll file is now 'realbot.dll' and not 'hpb_bot.dll'... play with MSVC!
or download mingw32 and use my makefile

Best Bytes®,
Harry

Old
  (#9)
V or 'Tex

Default Re: Come on guys... - 12-05-2004

I do not have the necessary stuff to compile anything.

Why can't somebody release it?

I'm not requesting anybody go out of their way. But merely a compiled version released would keep people posting.

Don't turn Whiney-Jackass-Come-Pussy and decide to protect people who have the source and can compile, but choose not to release it. From what I've heard, a lot of stuff has actually been done on RB already, that a bunch of things from WIP#9 are fixed. So what if WIP#10 isn't officially done.

Am I asking for an official release? NO!

I AM ASKING FOR A COMPILED BETA!

Old
  (#10)
rex

Default Re: Come on guys... - 12-05-2004

@V or 'Tex
we have a working version, be happy with that.
a lot of ppl are waiting for WIP 10 or something new, but as RAV pointed out nobody is being paid for there work.
so just wait like ever one else.
if you want to leave then feel free, no one is forceing you to stay.