.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Closed Thread

Re: V3B19n Bugs Report
Old
  (#11)
Blakhart

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 22-08-2008

Do the bots use weights in decision making?

Old
  (#12)
dor123
Unofficial podbot mm tester

Warning Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 22-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Enable Waypoint Editor (to let You see waypoints and make the screenshot of the place they are falling down. You can post also the link to the map and to the pwf (but don't post any files here).

Are they really hitting You through the wall or they are just fireing somewhere near You (and sometimes You got hurt)?
How about looking bots at the sky? Do they really do that still same often or they are looking only at the ceill if the enemy is above them?
1) I don't have a Waypint Editor (could you link?).

2) I didn't test if they attack me from behind the wall, but I did notice one time, when I was dead, that a T is shooting at the wall. I spectated the last CT alive and he was behind the wall that the T shot at.
But overall they didn't do it just like that, and they didn't do it to me, and they didn't do it alot (please don't forget I only played for about 15-30 minutes, and I haven't played for about a day or two).

3) I'll test the bots again soon (as I said before, haven't played for a day or two).

EDIT: about the looking at the sky thing, I think it happened quite alot but i'm not sure. I'll tell you after I test again (this time i'll tst longer, when I have more time).

*ON A SIDE NOT*
KWo, I really hope you understand i'm not the smartest kid (yes, i'm a youngster) around, and I only play for about 15-30 minutes per day (because I really suck at CS), so don't rely on my bugs reports TOO much since there might be some mis-understanding or something.

Hope that cleared a thing or two?

dor123

dor123

PodBot - The best CS Bots evah! (KWo rulez)

F*ck OFF but don't forget to also Rock ON

Old
  (#13)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor123 View Post
1) I don't have a Waypint Editor (could you link?).
You do have it. It's built-in in the podbot mm binary. It works only on the listenserver (when You are creating the game and You are playing from the same PC). The command in the console:
pb wpmenu
Then You should select 9 (options) and then 1 (WP on/off).
More info about Waypoints is here:
http://podbotmm.bots-united.com/doc_..._wp_basic.html

Old
  (#14)
dor123

Ok, i'll check that out.

by the way, I don't know if it means anything, but i'm testing the bots in a listenserver.
if that's doing any bad affects, I can use dedicated. but i can't buy a server (or a test server).

Here is the path they should've go.
Here is where the bot fell down from (it only happened once).
This is where they should've been after following the waypoint.

And sorry for my stupidity, but does this means they have to fall down to get to the marked places?

dor123

Last edited by dor123; 22-08-2008 at 16:12..

Old
  (#15)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

They shouldn't fall there. Only in the case they are really stressed while attacking (reloading the weapon or so). Those marked places are just points the bot should look at while camping...

Old
  (#16)
dor123

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 24-08-2008

first, it only happened once so i'm not sure it's a major problem that will happen alot.
second, I think that the bot had noticed an enemy and he shot at him together with the CT that was down and I think he fell few seconds after they killed the enemy T, but, exept for that, there was no reasonable stress... again I don't quite remember if there was an enemy or not it happened few days ago...
third (nothing to do with falling down), about the HE throwing, they still throw it to some wierd, unreasonable directions, and sometimes they throw it with no enemy around/no good reason...
fourth, about the looking at the sky thing, I played for about 30-45 minutes and it didn't happen alot (if at all).
What did happened, was that when a round starts, and there are alot of bots (maybe even if there aren't alot), they stay at their team spawn (in this case, CT), everyone together, doing nothing exept for walking around a bit in the base untill they remember to go fight... Almost like the mp_freezetime cvar is set to more than 2 or 3...
lastly, there's a problem with the "Follow me." radio command. Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't. A bot at the start of the round used that command, most of the bots replied "Affirmative.", only few, if at all, followed that specific bot. And if I used the follow me radio command right after a bot used it, alot say "Affirmative." (to me, not to the bot because i used it after everyone responded to him) but only 1 or 2 actually followed me.
No matter how high the numbers of "Affirmative." that followed my command, beraly half of the bots that responded to me actually came.

Hope you understand what I say.

dor123

Old
  (#17)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 25-08-2008

Quote:
lastly, there's a problem with the "Follow me." radio command. Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't. A bot at the start of the round used that command, most of the bots replied "Affirmative.", only few, if at all, followed that specific bot. And if I used the follow me radio command right after a bot used it, alot say "Affirmative." (to me, not to the bot because i used it after everyone responded to him) but only 1 or 2 actually followed me.
No matter how high the numbers of "Affirmative." that followed my command, beraly half of the bots that responded to me actually came.
You need to look inside podbot.cfg at the "pb_numfollowuser" command. The default value is set to 5 so it means that maximum 5 bots will follow you. If you have changed it to a lower value, fewer bots will follow you like you mentioned in your problem.
You also must stand on an easy to reach place for the bots, otherwise I guess they reach your destination as close as possible and then give up trying reaching you.
But it also looks strange to me that more bots respond to the command than there are executing their respond.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#18)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 25-08-2008

The bot also has to see You to follow You. Otherwise - if You disappear for him behind a door or some obstacle - after 10 seconds they cannot see You - they'll stop to follow You.

Old
  (#19)
dor123

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 27-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PODBotmm changelog
+Changed a bit the check for throwing grenade direction - it should prevent to throw the nade in weird directions (at least 50% reduced).
That's not the only problem. They also throw them sometimes when it's not needed at all. But i'll check the new binary.

By the way, I was behind the wall when I used the follow me command... i'll guess that was a mistake.
And Sc0Rp, my maxnumfollowers cvar is set to default (5) but no bot actually followed me (exept maybe for 1...).

dor123

Old
  (#20)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: V3B19n Bugs Report - 27-08-2008

Quote:
And Sc0Rp, my maxnumfollowers cvar is set to default (5) but no bot actually followed me (exept maybe for 1...).
Try to test it by using the command on the spawn right after a new round is started ( a place where you are surrounded with the largest amount of teammates throughout the round and mostly straight visible ) ( also the place where the chances are the smallest of seeing an enemy so they would break the followme command ) If then still more bots reply to you than they are really following you, there's something wrong.
p.s.: Maybe a silly question but how many bots are in your team?
Chances could increase that when you have 6 bots on your side and your numfollowuser is 5, the preset value cannot be reached.
I used to play 8 vs 8 most of the time so there were 7 bots on my team and my numfollowuser was set to 3 and never experienced any inconvenience.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Closed Thread

Tags
v3b19n bugs report