.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Fueldump
Old
  (#11)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Fueldump - 28-06-2006

so i should make the final phase defense a bit tougher?

Old
  (#12)
vlvttch

It might not hurt, I think the Allied bots could have won it themselves. It was still a lot of fun to play though. I was just suprised how quickly we punched threw

Old
  (#13)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

what level are the bots on your server? I did all the testing at level 3/3 and it seemed pretty balanced.

I'll do some testing / tweaking with lower levels and see how it looks. Give me a couple days.

Old
  (#14)
vlvttch

NP, levels are set at 3/1. Honestly it wasn't bad at all. I'll play it a few more times also. The problems you set out to fix seems to have been taken care of.

Old
  (#15)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

With just one human (allies) I found the defense pretty good. Finally blew it using the classic get in and hide until the defenses are rebuilt. That one works with most unwary humans. A defensive camp for an axis engr up top might work (I used to lie down on the edge to avoid detection).
From the other side as Field ops we defended well and the allies got me out of my roof camp enough times to be respectable. The 3 stategies that I haven't seen yet are coverts working with engrs (i.e. through the sewers fast game, combined sequential attack on defenses-depot or letting the engr through to the roof). Letting the bots spawn at the CP does make the game different from the human games I recall, but I suspect necessary (I never waypointed a successful fueldump map for bobot I think because of path distance from spawn). Good Game!

Old
  (#16)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

thx for the feedback guys. hopefully we can get some similar feedback for goldrush and battery as I plan on updating those shortly as well.

as for the coverts, unfortunately the covert ops code was never completed to the point where they would hold doors open for the team.

allied bots spawning at the cp is "optional" it's just one modification in the map script (inside fritz0.pk3). Look for this in there and comment it out if you don't want them spawning there:

//allied bots should spawn here when built -crapshoot
setautospawn "Garage HQ" 1

Old
  (#17)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Yah One thing I always thought would be good for bots would be a buddy system like bot medic follow bot engr or bot engr follow bot covert. Q3 Arena had a basic bot folllow human capability. Same logic of follow if in eyesight would be good enough.
I think as an exercise I may mode goldrush.nav to work in Goldrush2_fk_b1. Its a variation I liked in bobot (of course in bobot I had to be allies, no support for movable objects). I also liked my bobot waypoint of trenches05 so much that I am working on it to learn waypointing for fritzbot.

Old
  (#18)
Boosted

mhh, bout battery.
alot bots (more than the half of the allied team) spawn at the west (? left side anyways) beach.
but only 1 or 2 (and that only sometimes) does actually move to the backdoor and they get bashed by the axis mg.
if there 7 bots spawn 1 goes to the backdoor and 6 run to the assaultramp and get killed before they can reach it.
result - if ur an axis player thats an very very easy win.
goldrush... after the allies got the tank id like to see some bots spawning at the first spawn and go the "backpath" for some more tactical attack.
hmm beside that it looks fine for the beginning but im sure ill find more, and i tell ya then!
cya

Old
  (#19)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

irt: TomTom
Let me know if you get stuck on anything while waypointing. We definately could use some more waypointers.

irt Boosted:
I hadn't even thought about forcing the bots up the back way if they spawn on that side, but it sure makes sense. I'll add that.

Old
  (#20)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Fueldump - 03-07-2006

Fueldump navs have been updated to fix a bug that TomTom found. Details and download link are in this thread