.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > Metamod and metamod plugins
Metamod and metamod plugins Plugins and improvements for the metamod server-side mod

how to install bots on dedicated server
Old
  (#1)
onedamage

Default how to install bots on dedicated server - 07-03-2004

i'm new to bots, never played with them or worked with them before, but since i got a CS dedicated server, i wanna use them to let people that wanna play at 4am.

so heres the problem, i rent my gaming server from a server provider, they will only let me use no more than 4 bots.
i'm looking all day today for a bot that i can dl and install on my server, but they are all in .exe format, thats a problem since i cannot acutally use my server in front of me, all i got is a control panel access or ftp access, so i need a zip file.

and i see alot of these bot applications use the liblist.gam to run the bot dll file as the game's dll, that could be a problem for me since i need my liblist.gam to load metamod which loads amx, etc...etc...
so i'm just asking for someone out there to have a little patience with me and just explain how i can go about doing this to get 4 simple bots to show up on my server, leave when it starts filling up, and come back when no one is there.

Re: how to install bots on dedicated server
Old
  (#2)
Terran

Default Re: how to install bots on dedicated server - 07-03-2004

One question: is your server a windows or a linux system?

Most of the bots today are available as metamod plugins, e.g. realbot, joebot, podbot, yapb (a modified podbot) therefore you no longer have to use the +localinfo game_dll thing to use them at the same time with metamod.

Which bot to use is your choice, all of them have there pros and cons. Realbot e.g. doesn't depend on waypoints but has to learn the maps by humans playing the map.

For the "filling and leaving" feature I've written some AMX plugins which do what you want. You can find the most current released versions at my homepage. I'm working on some new versions which will be released soon .

Old
  (#3)
onedamage

thank for your info, appreciate it.
its a windows server. i'll check your homepage, again thx.

if i seem to understand this now, i can download for realbot the following:

RealBot BUILD 3005 (Win32, ZIP)
RealBot Personality Manager (WIN32, ZIP)
METAMOD 1.17 - DLL (Win32, ZIP)

i dont install the AI, cause i dont have that access on my server to install .exe, but i dont need it after putting in the 3 above, the metamod dll has already been adjusted for Realbot, am i correct ?

Last edited by onedamage; 07-03-2004 at 19:57..

Old
  (#4)
Terran

You will need the AI as it provides the configuration files and directories.

Simply install the AI to a temporary directory at your PC and make a zip file of the extracted files...