.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

View Poll Results: Should KWo implement this feature into podbot?
hmmm... not sure 0 0%
no 3 30.00%
yes 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

[AMXX Plugin for PodBot] No more bot blockers
Old
  (#1)
CS1.6
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Post [AMXX Plugin for PodBot] No more bot blockers - 07-04-2010

Plugin name: "No more bot blockers"

Plugin function:

As many users have experienced, bots block at certain places, because the passage is narrow, like a narrow corridor or hallway. The bots won't move and your way is blocked. Mentionable & widely known problematic map areas are like:

• the passage through the halfway wooden door near T spawn in de_dust2
  • the vent in cs_siege that leads from the hostage room to the underground parking lot. You have to crouch.

This plugin will make the bots to be pushed away if they are in your way. You can go your own way through the bots and the bots are pushed away automatically to the side / etc.

-----------------------------------------
Credits:

Original Plugin codes by: ts2do

Request by: -={SR}=-Reaper in this thread

Plugin size: less than 2 kb !
-----------------------------------------

Test the plugin and vote if KWo should implement this feature into podbot!

Plugin (ready to use):

no_more_bot_blockers.amxx

Plugin source code:

no_more_bot_blockers.sma

Plugin + "bot follow" feature if you press "E" (alpha version, not working yet, KWo can complete the plugin):
no_more_bot_block_plus_bot_follow_alpha_unfinished _.sma

Re: [AMXX Plugin for PodBot] No more bot blockers
Old
  (#2)
-={SR}=-Reaper

Default Re: [AMXX Plugin for PodBot] No more bot blockers - 07-04-2010

OK first of all thanks got to CS1.6 for making the plugin.

i have started testing so fare i have noticed the bots dont run in to you any more.
it is easier to get through doors/vents/windows as long as there is no enemy near by.

in cs_seage map at T spawn there are auto doors some times bots have trouble opening the door and thay still wont move.

this plugin works but if bot is having trouble with entatey
the plugin wont work but this is not a problem with plugin i think.

still have not tested fully

CS1.6 have you posted this plugin on: http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26
i think thay would like this one.

OK IM BAD you have posted this there lol it only came up under styles.
i had a look at the code and it looks like you have to ever bind "e" ###### or e+somthing to work fully????
this is why it has not worked fully for me i THINK????

no more bot blockers.sma i have put this in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\your account name\dedicated server\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting

no more bot blockers.amxx i have put this in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\your account name\dedicated server\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\plugins

and i have registerd no more bot blockers.amxx in plugins.ini file

is there any thing else to do ??????.

OFFICAL BETA TESTA -={SR}=-Reaper

My Counter-Strike 1.6 Dedicated Home Server:
REAPER'S Counter-Strike Server

Last edited by -={SR}=-Reaper; 07-04-2010 at 10:25.. Reason: IM BAD

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1.6 View Post

Plugin source code:

no_more_bot_blockers.sma

Plugin + "bot follow" feature if you press "E" (alpha version, not working yet, KWo can complete the plugin):
no_more_bot_block_plus_bot_follow_alpha_unfinished _.sma
Use http://www.mediafire.com/ to share files. speedyshare.com works very slowly. I had to wait about 5 minutes to grab Your file...

[EDIT]
That plugin has the same issue like my code - it doesn't check if the bot really can go back, so he may fall down if it happens on the edge of the roof or somewhere above the ground... Still need to find a better solution for it. It looks like my curent method with calculating the "future" bot position when he is pushed away doesn't work correctly, becase the check if that postion is allowed (to prevent fall down) exists in my code but it seems it's not working (but there is no bug in that check).
[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 07-04-2010 at 10:20..

Old
  (#4)
-={SR}=-Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
[EDIT]
That plugin has the same issue like my code - it doesn't check if the bot really can go back, so he may fall down if it happens on the edge of the roof or somewhere above the ground... Still need to find a better solution for it. It looks like my curent method with calculating the "future" bot position when he is pushed away doesn't work correctly, becase the check if that postion is allowed (to prevent fall down) exists in my code but it seems it's not working (but there is no bug in that check).
[/EDIT]
I know nothing compared to you guys.
But if there was somthing like CS1.6's "styles" plugin where you put Crosshairs on entity
and press the bound key the entity moved reguardles like.
EXAMPLE:
bind "key" move_entity
bind "p" move_entity

when aiming at the bot press p then walk Bot gets pushed till you release "key" p

this would save reprogramming the Bot's wouldn't it ????

Old
  (#5)
CS1.6

With this plugin you can test the "No more bot blockers" plugin:

Plugin name: Bot speed

Plugin function:
the cvar bot_speed will determine the walking / running speed of bots.

Reason for posting: with this plugin you can test
the No more bot blockers plugin:
  • set the bots' speed with plugin to 0 (bot_speed 0)
  • bump into bots and bully them around. You can see, they offer no resistance if you walk into them and are pushed away.
  • not tested, should work

Plugin (ready to use):
bot_speed.amxx

Plugin source code:

bot_speed.sma

Old
  (#6)
-={SR}=-Reaper

Quote:
Use http://www.mediafire.com/ to share files. speedyshare.com works very slowly. I had to wait about 5 minutes to grab Your file...
There might be somthing wrong with your internet connection like "Capped"????.
your Bandwidth might be Capped By Internet Provider.
it will happen when running a server iv done it lol.

this file took me a mear 2 Seconds to download it.

and it only takes me 15 minutes to download 1.5GIG files.

NOT Trying too offend you ever

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

That kind of plugin makes the bot velocity "unintentionally". The code I'm putting into podbot mm makes him taking some decisions (to go in the certain direction - push move forward left/ right/ back keyboards and so on). It cannot be done that way. I have finally fixed the problem with bots falling down if they have to make a room for another player on the edge of the rooof and I made them starting to react faster to make a room for another player. From that what I've seen it doesn't solve the problem with copule of bots staying near wood door on de_dust2 (the bot can move to make You a room if he has the room him-self to go somewhere), but it should be acceptable in many cases. One bot in the vent corridor will go back if he will meat another player (probably if 2 bots will go on opposite directions in the air ventilation corridor - they will go forward and back, then again and again until someone decides to go somewhere else. Your plugin doesn't solve that neither. That would need to add a lot of code to command them all at once to go back to leave the space for another player. I think I'll leave it as it is now (in not relaesed V3B20r version).

The next thing I have to think of is "the most forgetful bots", like one of users were complaining here (after couple of seconds the bot - if cannot longer see nor hear the enemy - he is forgetting him and he is doing his previous job - in most cases he is going to a certain place - previuosly choosen goal). Some of You said me he should hunt that enemy. Well - I have seen on a lot of servers some humans they aren't trying to hunt that enemy, but - they keep to be more patiently. Depanding on map type - they are just trying to finalize the mission. Of course - killers always want to kill so many enemies as possible, but not everybody is doing that so.
I've got stuck for now with that - I don't know what really to do with this.
Imagine the situation - the bot had an enemy, but now his enemy - player - he started to camp behind the box (the bot doesn't know what the player is doing, because cannot see and cannot hear him). If the bot will decide to hunt him, in most cases after coming near the box he will just die when he is walking, the player can hear incoming bot, so it's much better ready to shoot his enemy if he is seen. You can say - come more near the last visible enemy position and throw the nade - but what if the bot doesn't have the nade? Call teamnates? I can see again Your posts - "don't spam radio messages!!!". Still look at that direction (so the enemy cannot surprise us and hit our back)? But how long time the bot should stay there and look at his last enemy position or eventually continue his walk with still looking bcakward? Any comments would be nice...

Old
  (#8)
CS1.6

it's easy to understand.

your goal is to make them look more like human. Not like ultra good players.

Why is it that when you spectate a bot and a human, you can tell that one of them is a bot and the other is a real player?

That is the difference that you have to step by step make less and less. Until bot and human are not differentiable when you spectate them. And the bot can be like a noob human player. Again: Not like a ultra good player.

It doesn't matter if he makes tactical errors.

typical bot:

• jumps backwards on boxes
  • while running he turns 360° and looks around (like a tank)
  • starring at weird spots
  • he will not try to kill the enemy he saw (as mentioned here allready)
  • etc.

just make them look like players, don't break your head over it. Just cheap tricks will help. Allready lowering "aim deviation" makes a bot alot more like a human.

podbot has come a long way. And the right way. KWo has done the right thing. Long long time ago at first sight it was so obvious that you were specating a bot. With the newer builds, it's not that obvious anymore, but it still is easy recognizable. Their movement & aiming hahibts are 50-60% humanlike ATM.

Old
  (#9)
-={SR}=-Reaper

Default Re: [AMXX Plugin for PodBot] No more bot blockers - 08-04-2010

Quote:
That kind of plugin makes the bot velocity "unintentionally". The code I'm putting into podbot mm makes him taking some decisions (to go in the certain direction - push move forward left/ right/ back keyboards and so on). It cannot be done that way. I have finally fixed the problem with bots falling down if they have to make a room for another player on the edge of the rooof and I made them starting to react faster to make a room for another player. From that what I've seen it doesn't solve the problem with copule of bots staying near wood door on de_dust2 (the bot can move to make You a room if he has the room him-self to go somewhere), but it should be acceptable in many cases. One bot in the vent corridor will go back if he will meat another player (probably if 2 bots will go on opposite directions in the air ventilation corridor - they will go forward and back, then again and again until someone decides to go somewhere else. Your plugin doesn't solve that neither. That would need to add a lot of code to command them all at once to go back to leave the space for another player. I think I'll leave it as it is now (in not relaesed V3B20r version).

The next thing I have to think of is "the most forgetful bots", like one of users were complaining here (after couple of seconds the bot - if cannot longer see nor hear the enemy - he is forgetting him and he is doing his previous job - in most cases he is going to a certain place - previuosly choosen goal). Some of You said me he should hunt that enemy. Well - I have seen on a lot of servers some humans they aren't trying to hunt that enemy, but - they keep to be more patiently. Depanding on map type - they are just trying to finalize the mission. Of course - killers always want to kill so many enemies as possible, but not everybody is doing that so.
I've got stuck for now with that - I don't know what really to do with this.
Imagine the situation - the bot had an enemy, but now his enemy - player - he started to camp behind the box (the bot doesn't know what the player is doing, because cannot see and cannot hear him). If the bot will decide to hunt him, in most cases after coming near the box he will just die when he is walking, the player can hear incoming bot, so it's much better ready to shoot his enemy if he is seen. You can say - come more near the last visible enemy position and throw the nade - but what if the bot doesn't have the nade? Call teamnates? I can see again Your posts - "don't spam radio messages!!!". Still look at that direction (so the enemy cannot surprise us and hit our back)? But how long time the bot should stay there and look at his last enemy position or eventually continue his walk with still looking bcakward? Any comments would be nice...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree there is too much coding to do and i think you have done
a splended job on this any way.
we are just beeing too picky.

and if some one has some thing thay want to change.
thay should make a MOD themselvs to fix it.

KWo you have out done your self.
good job.

Old
  (#10)
ExAnimo

Default Re: [AMXX Plugin for PodBot] No more bot blockers - 18-10-2010

Somebody throw files anew . Links dont work
Please