.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Improvements
Old
  (#1)

Default Improvements - 15-11-2005

I enjoy these bots and appreciate the time spent into creating them, I use counterstrike 1.6.

I would like to suggest a few things that I feel would make a huge difference, I have only used EPod bots and Condition Zero Bots so my opinions my be bias.

A. Buying System
-The bots seem to often times go without buying anything even when on the winning team(no they are not just running with pistol they do not buy anything sometimes)
-When you go to restrict certain items besides the shield it seems to completely ruin the system and it goes haywire(I disabled most of the "noob" weapons yet they can still buy some of them or they just run around with a pistol)
-There needs to be a MOD where BOTS can only purchase weapons used in competitive play(AWP, AK, M4, MP5, GALIL, FAMAS, DEAGLE) If someone could code that I'd appreciate it.
-BOTS never buy defusal kits or grenades(very often) which seems to be a major flaw.
-BOTS don't coordinate save rounds or buy at the same time, they just buy when they are at a certain ammount of money(differs for each bot) I would love to see a command implemented that you would be able to control when they buy and when they save or at least make them buy as a team.
-I've compared CZ BOTS and EBOTS and I'd have to say that CZ BOTS in the buying category prevail because they buy more accurately and it's MUCH easier to disable weapons.

B. Movement
-The movement of the bots is very rough and aimbot like unlike the CZ BOTs who seem to move more smoothly in a better flow.
-They seem to kill you before they even finish coming around the corner, that needs to be fixed(even if it is skill 100 nobody can have reflexes like that and I assume these bots are supposed to be semi realistic)
-In CZ when you press a command on the radio(If you have turned off bots can go stray)they will all obey the command no matter what this works especialy well when trying to rush(I.E. "Follow Me" they will all follow no questions asked)
-When EBots respond to the radio they either disregard it or say "Affirmative" and still disregard it. On occasion they will obey but not all of them 2-3 if your lucky.
-I also think you need to make the bots a bit more difficult(bots seem to be better with usps than primary's)

I hope you can see that this is constructive criticism and not take it as insults or degrading your work. Sorry for the poor write-up, I was in a rush. I think you should take these suggestions into consideration and implement them in your next patch. They are all workable in my opion especialy some of the buying system and radio flaws.

Thank You,
The New Guy

Last edited by guest; 15-11-2005 at 07:18..

Re: Improvements
Old
  (#2)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Improvements - 15-11-2005

The bot buying depends on the bot skill and type. They somethimes will not buy a weapon if they want to get money for better weapon for the next round. You can easy control them for the buying. I mean the weapon menu. From this menu you can tell to the bots to use only pistols, snipers, knifes, etc.
Now for the radio commands. If they want to follow you they will reply with "Affirmative" but if you run the server with a lot of bots they somethimes may be get stucked and if you go somewhere very fast they will lost you while they try to unstuck. And yea the aiming somethimes is not humanlike but for now I can't fix it. I plan to implent botaim2 by PMB in EPB but I need by a free time for that but this school it almost take me. Maybe in the end of December when I have more free time I will work on this.

And thanks for the suggestions man.

Old
  (#3)
markus_heiden
Moderator / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Improvements - 16-11-2005

Yes,

thanks for your comments!

Markus

Old
  (#4)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Improvements - 16-11-2005

Heyyo,

now, for the competitive weapons only? that's possible man. Read through the "EPBwpns.cfg"

Quote:
from the EPBwpns.cfg
[b]# This File holds some Tables for buying of weapons
# and configuration of Weapon Prefs for Personalities
#
# The Tables start from the least desired Weapon
# to the best.
# BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WITH THESE TABLES BECAUSE A WRONG NUMBER
# OF ENTRIES OR A SCREWED UP FORMAT CAN EASILY CRASH POD, THERE'S
# NO ERROR PARSING DONE!

# Numbering of the weapons:
# 0 - KNIFE
# 1 - USP
# 2 - GLOCK18
# 3 - DESERT EAGLE
# 4 - P228
# 5 - ELITE
# 6 - FIVESEVEN
# 7 - M3
# 8 - XM1014
# 9 - MP5/N
# 10 - TMP
# 11 - P90
# 12 - MAC-10
# 13 - UMP45
# 14 - AK47
# 15 - SG552
# 16 - M4A1
# 17 - AUG
# 18 - SCOUT
# 19 - AWP
# 20 - G3SG1
# 21 - SG550
# 22 - M249
# 23 - FAMAS
# 24 - GALIL
# 25 - SHIELD
#
# Following are Tables which specify which Team is allowed
# to buy a weapon on a Map. You can also use it to allow/disallow
# Weapons for a Team or a Map/Gamemode (remember that some
# Weapons are team-specific and can't be bought by another team).
# -1 = Disallow Buying for any Team
# 0 = Terrorist Team only
# 1 = CT Team only
# 2 = Can be bought by both Teams

# Standard Weapon Tab for CS & DE Maps
[STANDARD]
-1,-1,-1,2,2,0,1,2,2,2,1,2,0,2,0,0,1,1,2,2,0,1,2,1,0,1

# Weapon Tab for AS Maps
[AS]
-1,-1,-1,2,2,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,2,0,0,1,1,2,0,0,1,1,1,0,1

# Escape & Knife Arena Maps aren't supported by CS and
# so I don't care about them in POD-Bot neither !

# Some example Tables:
# Pistols Only
#-1,-1,-1,2,2,0,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,1
# Shotguns Only
#-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,2,2,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
# SubMachine-Guns Only
#-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,2,2,2,2,2,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

# The following Tables stores the Weapon Priorities of the Bots depending on
# Personality (it affects buying & picking up better weapons from the
# ground).

# Weapon Priorities for a Normal Standard Bot
[NORMAL]
0,1,2,5,4,6,3,7,8,18,10,12,13,11,9,25,22,19,20,21, 24,23,15,17,16,14

# Weapon Priorities for an Aggressive Bot
[RUSH]
0,1,2,4,6,5,3,18,19,20,21,10,12,13,11,9,25,7,8,15, 17,23,16,24,14,22

# Weapon Priorities for a Defensive Bot
[CAREFUL]
0,1,2,5,4,6,3,7,8,10,12,13,11,9,22,24,14,23,16,15, 17,25,18,21,20,19
This is the only way so far to implement custom weapon setups. Ingame you can only set it to certain weapon groups.. maybe it can be coded in later for another one for the competitive play weapon selection.

The main reason right now bots don't buy nades is cause their nade system's a little flawed and they tend to not use them when they have them out and an enemy's targeting them. I'm sure in the future they will toss them and then shoot them instead of instantly switching to their gun 2 seconds after holding the nade.

You can crank down the difficulty to lower their accuracy times. set their difficulty to 80 or so and they should have about a 0.2 to 0.7 second reaction time, which is about the human's average.

Now for the official CZbots, remember, they were paid to make this bot kickass, and it's their job so it's their only real focus, so they spend easily 4x the amount of time coding that bot daily compared to these 2 guys cause they have jobs where they can't code the bot for pay plus other personal reasons they can't always focus on the bot. So in time E[POD]bot will get better, that's a guarantee.

Another reason for bots not always listening is check your epb configurator man, max bots to follow user defaults to 3 I think, so you might wanna crank that number up. Now, if they say affirmative and don't follow? odds are yes it's a bug in the code. One prob right now with their following system is they don't use waypoints, and they try to run directly to the person they're following, which's very bad since there could be an obstacle in the way, or even worse.. the whole level.

For now? until THE_STORM can implement botaim2, using metamod you can download and activate that plugin.
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=274

This makes their aim much more realistic since it uses a special "springny" aiming system. Really complicated stuff, but if you've seen the actual code? PMB's manage to make it really short, very impressive stuff.
This thread helps explain it much more technically, and the cvars you can use to tweak botaim2:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...6&page=1&pp=20

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)