.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

New Waypoints (10-10-05)
Old
  (#1)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default New Waypoints (10-10-05) - 10-10-2005

Hey guys, i've decided to release some new waypoints for you, all my waypoints are now in pk3 form. The new maps supported are....

mp_norway (Checkpoint)
mp_horus2
mp_marketgarden

Market Garden still isn't quite finished yet but is good enough to play for the time being (allied bots have a tough time planting) I'll be working on it though so don't worry. I've also updated alot of waypoints as well so be sure to read the release notes in the readme file for me details.

All my new waypoints will be released like this. Crapshoot, read my e-mail i'll be sending in a bit before uploading this to the repository. All installation instructions and everything else is in the readme of this zip file.

Enjoy the update guys, feel free to comment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Denny's_Fritzbot_Pack.zip (89.2 KB, 421 views)

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 10-10-2005 at 18:46..

Re: New Waypoints (10-10-05)
Old
  (#2)
Chalky

Default Re: New Waypoints (10-10-05) - 06-12-2005

MP_Marketgarden
I could not understand why the Axis allways won so fast but after watching the bots for a while figured it out, they never go for the flag and just pour through the sewers to the objective, this is what I did to fix it,

Action 1 add axis_action 16
Action 30 add axis_action 2048
moved Action 67 a quarter of the way up the shelled street (remember to change closenode)
I also noticed no Medics ever came to the Axis bridge or Allied command centre so I changed one camp spot for both sides to a medic camp, with
ten v ten bots it can go on for hours, with fifteen v fifteen its never ending.
T.T.F.N.
Chalky

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Default Re: New Waypoints (10-10-05) - 07-12-2005

Kewl.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 07-12-2005 at 05:03..

Old
  (#4)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

I'll give it a shot.

The reason i removed axis bot support for the flag was because the Axis get no benifit whatsoever from taking that flag imho. I mean they spawn right down the road from the flag anyway. Not only that if the Axis take that flag it takes FOREVER for the allies to take it back (well for the bots anyway) as the axis just sit up there and pin the allies down the whole time and it makes the match even longer.

The medics are suppose to follow the engineers to the objectives while the LT's and Soldier's stay back and camp. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put 1 medic camp at each spawn.

The main thing i want to improve on for this next update is getting the allied bots to beat the map because at present they don't. So that means moving the axis camps around on the bridge, not to make it easy, but to spread them out more (kind of like how the camp actions are placed in the allied objective area) so the allied bots have an easier time completing their objectives (not too much of an easy time though)

I think i may lower the bot count to 10 per team and just let you guys add additional one's as you see fit. I'll look into that.

Thanks for the suggestions though, i'll try some of them out. (i'm still iffy on the flag thing) For the action 67 thing, could you tell me which node it's closest too after you moved it? It would make it easier to add that change with that info.

Old
  (#5)
Chalky

Hello
I moved Action 67 to node 206,
I've found it beneficial for the allies when the axis take the flag as they use the sewers with less opposition, they have blown the door a few times and won a couple of times, its the axis that are at a disadvantage as they can get to the objective and sometimes plant but it is nearly always defused, that's if they can get past the sniper by the tree, I've watched for possession of the flag and the allies seem to do a good job of recapturing it, it seems to be about 60 40 to the axis, after watching the medics for a while it seems it is not a good move to put a medic camp at each objective as they seem to hang around there too much and only go with the engineers 50% of the time,

O' well trial and error, I'll let you know if it makes a big difference when I remove the medic camps.
T.T.F.N.
Chalky

Old
  (#6)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky
Hello
I moved Action 67 to node 206,
I've found it beneficial for the allies when the axis take the flag as they use the sewers with less opposition, they have blown the door a few times and won a couple of times, its the axis that are at a disadvantage as they can get to the objective and sometimes plant but it is nearly always defused, that's if they can get past the sniper by the tree, I've watched for possession of the flag and the allies seem to do a good job of recapturing it, it seems to be about 60 40 to the axis, after watching the medics for a while it seems it is not a good move to put a medic camp at each objective as they seem to hang around there too much and only go with the engineers 50% of the time,

O' well trial and error, I'll let you know if it makes a big difference when I remove the medic camps.
T.T.F.N.
Chalky
Okay, i guess we could try the flag out again. TBH, i think i'm gonna do an action_clear and just redo all the actions in that map and start over. I think it'll be easier to do that than moving them at this point because there's alot i have to move and aim actions and such. Not too mention there was about 5 actions that are in the map but disabled and the way i set it up for first release i kind of made the allied engineers and medics go the bridge route through the setup of actions.

Last edited by Denny; 07-12-2005 at 18:40..