.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Ammodepot (Cement island) waypoint project
Old
  (#21)
tinyrodent

Default Re: Ammodepot (Cement island) waypoint project - 10-10-2007

Ok first I must sadly admit I have never played ET with humans. My satellite connection is ok for downloading stuff but useless for twitch games.

But with bots I have played quite a lot. And it seems that destructible command posts are a critical objective in almost any map. Building/destroying the CP tips the game in one team's favor, increasing the probability of achieving the final objective.

For this particular map I would say the top priority should be the CP until the sand pile is blown. After that the Allies spawn next to it, making it fairly safe.

Attacking the sand pile from the front seems easier to me because Axis can only approach from the rear. The tunnel exit is a deathtrap! One camped soldier can defend it. Yes the Axis mgs are deadly but easy to take out with panzerfaust. Allies have a bunker with supply cabinets for camping to support the forward attack, and an mg of their own.

3. Maybe the engys could plant on one side of the gate, and the cvops on the other. That way a satchel could be used without killing the engineer.

4. Perhaps I will dig in and try tweaking one of the maps sometime. But really I'm more interested in modifying the basic bot behavior independent of waypoints.

Re: Ammodepot (Cement island) waypoint project
Old
  (#22)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Ammodepot (Cement island) waypoint project - 12-10-2007

Well with humans the allies try for a quick win though the sewers at the start of the map. Working cooperatively an engr and teammate sometimes even get through before the depot gate is built and the engr plants the dyno while the other player defends from the mg at the back of the ammo room. It is against that scenario that I have waypointed the axis focus.

Consequently in equal teams the axis don't try to own the CP bunker since that weakens the defense of the depot. And while Human axis teams might try to own that part of the map, a balanced human allied team in my experience doesn't let the axis hold it for long.

Now I do agree that in Human play the fight for the front sand barrier seems to last longer through more use of the mgs and fieldops.

On CP Priority:
There are a large number of variables that can affect the outcome in a given waypoint (though the bots do tend to be xp queens. The effect of the CP varies by map. Most commonly when not a primary objective it gives a small increase in charge bar refresh, but in other maps it may change respawn times or provide access to an optional spawn point or some combo. Obviously if the match is very closely balanced then the CP may tip the balance one way, but with all the variables there will likely be many times when it is not enough, or alternately not needed.

On sandpile attack direction:
Quote:
Attacking the sand pile from the front seems easier to me because because Axis can only approach from the rear
?? The axis spawn on either side of it! and have about 4 possible ways out to defuse it (since they don't like the inward swing door). I don't understand your point.

3. The engrs currently plant at the corner of the gate that can provide the best cover from fire passing through the gate lattice. The allied cvops use the opposite corner but have a larger action radius. They unlike the engrs can satchel from either side, but it is highly unlikely that they will succeed from inside since they have to go the long way round and if in uniform immediately lose their undercover status if they are spotted pulling out their satchel. I see no point in restricting the cvops to the side that is least effective, nor forcing the engrs to have to pass by the axis spawn on the long way round. If it bothers you that much turn friendly fire off.

Last edited by TomTom; 12-10-2007 at 09:41..