.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > HPB_bot
HPB_bot The trusty good ole mechs by botman HLDMTFCOpposing ForceDMCFront Line Force

Bots die but won't fall
Old
  (#1)
[phx]Loon

Default Bots die but won't fall - 05-09-2006

I was told Botman reads this forum... I sure hope so cause I've got a problem no one can resolve. I've used HPB_Bots for several years in my hl1dm clan server. A few weeks ago the Bots stopped falling to the ground when they died... they just stand there slumped over a little bit, looking like mannequins. After a week or so of that, they started moving in slow motion along with the die standing up problem. Can someone please point me in the right direction.
Thank you.

Re: Bots die but won't fall
Old
  (#2)
[phx]Loon

Default Re: Bots die but won't fall - 06-09-2006

8 looks and no replies... anybody have any ideas?

This is the HPB_Bot forum is it not?

Old
  (#3)
[phx]Loon

Default Re: Bots die but won't fall - 06-09-2006

16 Looks and no replies...

Old
  (#4)
[phx]Loon

Default Re: Bots die but won't fall - 11-09-2006

Almost 30 looks but nobody has anything to say... this is clearly not the HPB_bot forum.

Old
  (#5)
intelliq

Default Re: Bots die but won't fall - 06-11-2006

Hey Loon, [USMCc]*Vanguard here brothah.

Good rule of thumb is if no one here answers within a week, no one has the answer. The coders generally dont have the time to answer all the odd problems with everyone's bots......expecially ones that have been running stable for a long time.

I'd just start by disabling all other plugins temporarily and restart the server and see if the problem persists.

If Steam did an "update" recently, it may have crippled your bots or another plugin that is affecting your bots. Try that first.

I dont think it's a prob with HPB bot itself as I just tried them on mine and they die correctly.

Old
  (#6)
[phx]Loon

Default Re: Bots die but won't fall - 06-11-2006

Thanks for your reply. I had already found the solution to this problem several months ago... I guess I should have posted it here... very sorry but I just didn't think of it.

The problem was the sys_ticrate. Apparently HPB_bots won't work properly if the sys_ticrate is set at or above 100. I reduced the sys_ticrate to 66 just to be cautious and the bots have been their old selves ever since.

Anytime the server is restarted the sys_ticrate is reset to 100 (I never bothered to figure out why) and the bots act crazy again. Reducing the sys_ticrate to 66 fixes the problem every time.

Last edited by [phx]Loon; 06-11-2006 at 16:37.. Reason: corrected spelling error...

Old
  (#7)
intelliq

Default Re: Bots die but won't fall - 09-11-2006

Great news! Thanks for posting your reply. It'll help the next poor soul who has this problem.

I wasnt even aware of that particular setting in my server config files or bot files.

I might have to get a hold of you regarding this. My gravebots are running around like hyper speed demons and cant slow them down no matter what skill level they are on. (they are based on HPB template), maybe there's some secret settings I can manipulate to slow them down?

Old
  (#8)
CesarW

Big Grin Re: Bots die but won't fall - 20-12-2009

I began to have the same problem, just installed hpbbot 4, i used hpbots 1 for mmmm 5 years or so.