.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Want your input!
Old
  (#1)
Maleficus

Default Want your input! - 04-09-2005

If you haven't looked at the main FritzBot page in a while, I encourage you to do so. Theres some good information there, and a poll I'd like you to participate in if you haven't already.

My short term plans are to work on the patch, and get things set up for its release (I also need a bit of a break from all the work done to get the last release out! ).

After the upcoming patch is released..... we'll see, with your help.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 04-09-2005 at 10:31..

Re: Want your input on the poll.
Old
  (#2)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Want your input on the poll. - 04-09-2005

What kind of input you looking for? Like what we think about an ET port?

I think it's a great idea, i mean can never have enough bots . You already said you plan on finishing RTCW fritz so whatever you do after that is fine by me. Unfortunatly i won't offer my services for the ET port however, i don't like Enemy Territory at all so i don't really wanna work with it. But i will continue to work with RTCW fritz by creating waypoints, beta testing, help & support, etc. and be a part of the RTCW fritz team.

I hope that's okay with you Mal, i mean i think you porting Fritz to ET is a fine idea don't get me wrong.

Also last release? ???

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 04-09-2005 at 12:21..

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Also last release? ???
"Last release" as in the last release we just did. It wore me out.

I understand if you don't want to work on a ET port. However, would you consider helping in other ways (perhaps with a tutorial, moral support, etc?).

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#4)
someperson

I agree with Denny because I don't like Et at all. I guess I'm just a rtcw man, gotta love it.

I'd much rather see fritz play an extremely flawless rtcw game.

Old
  (#5)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
"Last release" as in the last release we just did. It wore me out.

I understand if you don't want to work on a ET port. However, would you consider helping in other ways (perhaps with a tutorial, moral support, etc?).
Oh okay, i thought you meant like the last release of the mod, like a final version kind of thing.

Sure, i'm not sure about the tutorial though. If you're porting Fritz from RTCW most of the stuff in the tutorial i'm writing should apply to Fritz ET you'd think, i mean you'd need to update it a bit for ET purposes of course but wouldn't the core stuff be the same?

On a side note, i got something down that may work for button support in RTCW, maybe you could read over it and see if it'll work or not Mal?

Last edited by Denny; 04-09-2005 at 20:14..

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

The core stuff would be the same, there would only be a few ET specific additions. Also, some of the values for things would change (since I can start over with a clean slate, I can number the actions and nodes in a much more sane way). That would be it really.

Oh, and an awesome wiki page! Gotta have that!

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 04-09-2005 at 23:10..

Old
  (#7)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by someperson
I'd much rather see fritz play an extremely flawless rtcw game.
I love RtCW too, but no matter how long I work on Fritz, it will NEVER play a flawless game, simply because I've played online for years and have never seen (or played) a flawless game, so won't code Fritz to play one.

A lot of ppl don't realize, but some (not all, theres always just the outright bugs) of the stupid things you see the bots do, I actually coded in, IF it made them look more like an intelligent human on a PUB server.

Humans are stupid sometimes: they can make mistakes, panic, goof up, get too focused on one thing, forget the objectives, hold a cooked nade for too long, etc. And I've wanted that kind of behavior to be reflected in the bot's behavior (except the really lame shit - whining, cheating, poor sportsmanship, point whoring, etc, etc).

I enjoy the chaos and unpredictable nature of your average bustling pub server, and have tried to re-create that experience for the offline player. 8D

I will still support RtCW if I go to ET. If I go to ET, it will only be for the default maps (to start with anyhow), simply because I don't want the distraction of supporting dozens of different maps of varying quality for ET right now. AI improvements I make for either one will be shared by the other because the games are SO simliliar.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#8)
someperson

Default Re: Want your input on the poll. - 05-09-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
I love RtCW too, but no matter how long I work on Fritz, it will NEVER play a flawless game, simply because I've played online for years and have never seen (or played) a flawless game, so won't code Fritz to play one.

A lot of ppl don't realize, but some (not all, theres always just the outright bugs) of the stupid things you see the bots do, I actually coded in, IF it made them look more like an intelligent human on a PUB server.

Humans are stupid sometimes: they can make mistakes, panic, goof up, get too focused on one thing, forget the objectives, hold a cooked nade for too long, etc. And I've wanted that kind of behavior to be reflected in the bot's behavior (except the really lame shit - whining, cheating, poor sportsmanship, point whoring, etc, etc).

I enjoy the chaos and unpredictable nature of your average bustling pub server, and have tried to re-create that experience for the offline player. 8D
Cheers!
After reading your post, I experienced a flashback of this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2005-01-17

By flawless, I mean the way a clan would play with coordination and planning.

I agree with your concept, but add a cvar like: fritz_noDumbActions 0

This way, people will be able to tell the difference if it is a bug or just artificial stupidity.

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

They do some low level planning right now, and work together (I'm going to add a bit more to that too in the future), but there will never be "clan" level play.

Fritz is about pub level play, with intelligent players. I have no plans to support clan play.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#10)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

I'm kind of 1/2 and 1/2 on this really. As long as they perform their tasks and everything alright i can deal with the behavioral quirks especially if there meant to simulate pub environment, i'm not picky at this point. Oh and they gotta have the FG42's, that would be gangsta!