.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!!
Old
  (#11)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 02-09-2005

Mal almost had to change how the medics acted (just before release i believe), they kept running up against walls all the time before throughout testing and trust me it was way more annoying having them do that.

I mean I agree that they were great before about reviving but i'd rather give up that then keep running up against walls problem.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 02-09-2005 at 19:32..

Old
  (#12)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 03-09-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANFSCD
About the aiming, I can't say I can tell any real difference between the settings, even with nightmare turned on. They take you out in 4-5 shots instantly all the time. Most of the time you can't even see them.
I know that's how it is mostly when playing against "1337" players but sometimes I just wanna fool around and do whatever without beeing killed every 10 seconds, which is why bots are so great. They don't complain no matter what you do.

I can see where you're coming from, trying to make bot behave more human, and I'm all for it. But when a medic is heading towards you and then turns around when he's right next to you and runs off to revive somebody else or something... He's not even beeing shot at. That's just annoying. But maybe that's the intention?

Don't get me wrong. I love this bot. Mostly because it's not human. 9_9

If they were heading towards you to revive, then moved away, theres something else going on then a pathfinding issue, because thats an all or nothing goal. Can you recall the circumstances? Because the bot will stop going to one teammate and hit another for certain reasons (they're closeser, theres an enemy that makes getting you dangerous, etc, etc - they constantly re-evaluate who should be revived first in real time). For some reason, he figured it was best to get the other guy first, and may have gotten in a fight or saw someone that got him in his combat mode that made you get ignored. Its hard to say without seeing it myself. I didn't want them to always be Rambo medics simply because online, not every human is a Rambo medic, some ignore you and do stupid shit (I know, I've played this game and ET online since they both came out ).

However, Denny is right that there was a big code change right there at the end, so some work in tweaking their behavior and choices may be needed again. I didn't have enough time to test the 11th hour code for as long as I wanted.

Aiming: I've never had a hard time with their aim on hard level, but thats prolly because I've been playing so long. Your concern is a valid one: I want everyone to be able to enjoy Fritz. Its something I will check into, and will fix in a patch.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#13)
The Ghost
Weirdo

congrats on the release all, i'm still waiting for my new desktop to arrive. so sadly i can't try it out. i'm sure it's great though. once i get the new computer expect to hear more from me.

Old
  (#14)
Horizon
bot fan

Thank you thank you thank you !
I have never been really interested by playing online , and you just gave the MP part of my RTCW a life by allowing me to play with bots.

And what bots, i find their navigation (great waypoints by the way) and their possibilites (they can use abilities ! they can heal deadly wounded !) totally top quality.

Thank you again for those bots, they are extremely fun to play for a totally "SP devoted" player like me.
And your plan to adapt it to Enemy territory just made me to download this game i never cared about due to their lack of AI , that's how much goodness i think about your bot work !

Last edited by Horizon; 03-09-2005 at 20:54..

Old
  (#15)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 04-09-2005

Thank you!

I freaked out a friend playing the other day on the axis team with a server full of bots. Fritz came up next to him, then stood there with his binocs and called down a storm of artillery on a allied sniper that had been harassing my friend, then Fritz went on his merry way. My friend thought it was me, imagine his surprise when I told him a bot did it!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#16)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

I can imagine his surprise! Fritz's ability to use artillery still impresses me every time. Like the spawn killing on Ice at <insert def team here> spawn. Is this strictly code or can you put "artilley-points" in the path file?

Old
  (#17)
Maleficus

Everything they do arty wise right now is all code based on real time calcs and their AI.

Dum Spiro Spero