.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: shrub for fritzy
Old
  (#21)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 01-05-2005

Scratch that last problem, i fixed it, apparently RTCW set some wacky video resolution in my cfg file (1024x1600 ???) anyway, set it to a window, 800x600 works great, both WolfMP and the tool.

Okay so onto the tool. The menu looks fine, a bit big but that's okay, looks very wolfbotish which is fine, the only problem was i didn't have any node files to test, and the buttons weren't working (i think because i didn't have a node file). Could you PM me one for the one of the stock maps mal?

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#22)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
btw: did you try that link I posted the other day for the tools wave made? Did they seem pretty good?
It seemed to work pretty good. I played with it a bit on mp_beach and looked at the included node file for mp_assault.

It seemed fairly intuitive with the menu system.

A couple of the node flags didn't seem to work, but I'm sure those will be re-coded to support fritz.

EDIT @Denny there is a node file for mp_assault included, just run the bat file, then type /map mp_assault in console. It seems that the node files are inside the pk3

Last edited by CrapShoot; 01-05-2005 at 19:49..

Old
  (#23)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

I agree with Crapshoot, and about them flags not working. You'll have to tweak it for fritzbot features but i'd say it ain't a bad little tool. It reminds exactly like wolfbot and from the looks of it works the same as well, but that's cool. Just wish there was more console commands, i use to custom bind the menu and the place waypoint buttons so i could be more efficient in waypointing maps (it made things quicker). Same with other console commands that did the same things as the menu does like doors, etc.

Old
  (#24)
PrestonKh

Quote:
Well, there are several reasons why I don't think that will be an issue.

1. I'm going to give you and others the tools FIRST, in the next couple weeks. They will be for you guys only for the moment, so that you can path maps, while I continue on the AI code. Hopefully that way when I'm ready to release, all of the stock maps will be done, and those nav files will be bundled with the Fritz release. AFTER the release, then I can release the tools to everyone. So you guys will have a head start.

2. The Wolf community has grown up and matured, and overall, most of the people I've seen are really supportive of mods.

3. Most people like to be recognized for their hard work - its basic human nature. If someone out there REALLY had a hankering to make waypoints, they'd probably come to us anyway, to show off their work or to ask to help out with waypointing - which I encourage.

If it really became a problem, I could just make it where only you guys and people who request to be on the waypointing team have the path tools, but I REALLY doubt it would come to that.

ideas/comments/suggestions?

btw: did you try that link I posted the other day for the tools wave made? Did they seem pretty good?
I think you should let everyone know about your mod. Reasons
1) I have not seen any mod even remotely *comparable* to it.
2) Its a great mod for people that run low internet connections
3) Like you said, feel proud of what you created. Look how many attempted to try and fail.

Radeon 9800 256MB XT
Asus P400
SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
Pentium 4 3.0GhZ w/ hyperthread technology

Old
  (#25)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I agree with Crapshoot, and about them flags not working. You'll have to tweak it for fritzbot features but i'd say it ain't a bad little tool. It reminds exactly like wolfbot and from the looks of it works the same as well, but that's cool. Just wish there was more console commands, i use to custom bind the menu and the place waypoint buttons so i could be more efficient in waypointing maps (it made things quicker). Same with other console commands that did the same things as the menu does like doors, etc.

If I understand correctly, his work on the tools, which were originally for UberSoldat, wasn't complete. So any missing features were things he probably didn't get around to.

I've already added console functions, for every possible thing you'd want to do with the nodes - thats what I used to path all of the Fritz maps up til now, and they will not be removed.

In fact, my lazy side is tempted to just hand those out as is, but it would be really hard to work that way, and I want to make it easier for you guys.

I haven't even touched wave's code yet, but Fritz's path system is totally different from UberSoldat and Wolfbot, so there will be a LOT of changes because of that.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#26)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
If I understand correctly, his work on the tools, which were originally for UberSoldat, wasn't complete. So any missing features were things he probably didn't get around to.

I've already added console functions, for every possible thing you'd want to do with the nodes - thats what I used to path all of the Fritz maps up til now, and they will not be removed.

In fact, my lazy side is tempted to just hand those out as is, but it would be really hard to work that way, and I want to make it easier for you guys.

I haven't even touched wave's code yet, but Fritz's path system is totally different from UberSoldat and Wolfbot, so there will be a LOT of changes because of that.
If i recall correctly i used nothing but kep binds and console commands for wolfbot, mainly because the menu was really buggy for me and some of the functions did not work. Anyway about that tool, what you could do it strip out the code for the in-game menu and just change a few things to make it Fritzbotish, i remeber you said something about possibly having trouble making an in-game waypointing menu.

And Mal don't get me wrong i didn't mean to come off like i was saying you shouldn't publicize Fritz at all, i just wanted to let you know of that thing we discussed earlier, i think publicizing is a great idea, in fact i've made mention of it on a couple Doom and Unreal Tournament forums myself.

Last edited by Denny; 01-05-2005 at 23:13..

Old
  (#27)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 02-05-2005

Quote:
I think that if we see the nodes, flags, and the paths that connect them, it would be enough for a first version.

Denny's idea of binding keys to the console commands is a good one.

Old
  (#28)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot
I think that if we see the nodes, flags, and the paths that connect them, it would be enough for a first version.

Denny's idea of binding keys to the console commands is a good one.
Well, I was going to add a little information hud for the node system, like the one I use for the bots, so that you can see the nodes information.

If that and the console tools will make you guys happy - I'll go for it!

You can already see a nodes location, its connections, radius, etc.

Give me a couple weeks - finals are the week of the 19th, and TBH: I just don't have the time to work on Fritz until then - its crunch time for me ATM.

When I'm done, I'll get you guys those tools.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#29)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Give me a couple weeks - finals are the week of the 19th, and TBH: I just don't have the time to work on Fritz until then - its crunch time for me ATM.
Cool, i got finals this week and next week so that's perfectly fine by me as i wouldn't have time to do them anyway.