.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: shrub for fritzy
Old
  (#11)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 28-04-2005

Hey Mal, how are the waypointing tools coming along? They pretty straight forward?

Oh i checked my DVD, 452 Maps i have on thier o_O I may go through them all and write up a list of the one's i would definitely want to waypoint.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#12)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
If you know of some stable mirrors, we could at least provide links to maps. I'd be curious to know of some myself, as its hard to find any map locations that aren't private, or setup like FilePlanet.
http://www.clanofidiots.com/maps.html

Old
  (#13)
[DS]-=Pencil=-

@Maleficus what do you exactly need?

www.rtcw-prison.net provides space for rtcw maps and for your project and other (wolfenstein) maps if you like to..

hope i helped

Old
  (#14)
Maleficus

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 29-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Hey Mal, how are the waypointing tools coming along? They pretty straight forward?
I've been focused on the script system only ATM (well, actualy, I've been focused on some tests in school), so I haven't looked at the tools yet.

Honestly, "wave" from the UberSoldat mod, gave me some pretty good waypoint tools, and I may just borrow from them mostly, to get things up and running faster. No sense in reinventing the wheel.

Check THEM out, and tell me what you think.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#15)
Maleficus

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 29-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot
Excellent link! Thanks!

@Pencil:

Thanks - I'm looking for mirrors for maps that the waypoint team ends up waypointing for, so that we can point them towards a specific location to get the maps, while the mod and the waypoints will be hosted here.

Also - any help in getting the word out about Fritz is welcome too.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#16)
PrestonKh

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 30-04-2005

Quote:
Excellent link! Thanks!

@Pencil:

Thanks - I'm looking for mirrors for maps that the waypoint team ends up waypointing for, so that we can point them towards a specific location to get the maps, while the mod and the waypoints will be hosted here.

Also - any help in getting the word out about Fritz is welcome too.
I'm sure people do know...too scared to get pwned by bots!

Radeon 9800 256MB XT
Asus P400
SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
Pentium 4 3.0GhZ w/ hyperthread technology

Old
  (#17)
Maleficus

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 01-05-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonKh
I'm sure people do know...too scared to get pwned by bots!
Actually, I've kept a pretty low profile with Fritz so far. I've mostly been working by word of mouth more than anything, and the odd news post on planet wolfenstein here and there. Quite a few avid RtCW gamers I know had never heard of it, until I told them. o_O

I'm wondering: for the next version, should I try to advertise Fritz more?? ???

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#18)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
I'm wondering: for the next version, should I try to advertise Fritz more?? ???
Yes on the fact that more publicity is what you want, especially for a great mod such as this, you more than diserve it, makes it more worthwhile.

But on the other hand the more people know about it, the more of a risk you run having more "Rogue Waypointers", this is what we were talking about earlier. By Rogue Waypointers i mean miscellaneous people creating waypoints for either maps we've already done, are currently doing or are future requests and not letting the general Fritz community know about it. Mal said he'd like this BU forum to be the main hub of any/all Fritzbot activity, including waypoints so people don't have to go sifting through 800 sites to find 1 waypoint.

On the other hand of that though, it could encourage more people to join the forum and activley participate in the Fritzbot community.

But that's entirely up to you mal, either way it don't matter. You sort of have to weigh the pros and cons. Although i feel you should get the regonition you diserve for making what some have dreamed about for years, and doing it very well at that. Fritzbot's only gonna get better, we got a strong community and a strong mod coder guy (who eats cherrios each morning so he can get his daily dose of calcium ).

Last edited by Denny; 01-05-2005 at 13:03..

Old
  (#19)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
But on the other hand the more people know about it, the more of a risk you run having more "Rogue Waypointers", this is what we were talking about earlier.

Well, there are several reasons why I don't think that will be an issue.

1. I'm going to give you and others the tools FIRST, in the next couple weeks. They will be for you guys only for the moment, so that you can path maps, while I continue on the AI code. Hopefully that way when I'm ready to release, all of the stock maps will be done, and those nav files will be bundled with the Fritz release. AFTER the release, then I can release the tools to everyone. So you guys will have a head start.

2. The Wolf community has grown up and matured, and overall, most of the people I've seen are really supportive of mods.

3. Most people like to be recognized for their hard work - its basic human nature. If someone out there REALLY had a hankering to make waypoints, they'd probably come to us anyway, to show off their work or to ask to help out with waypointing - which I encourage.

If it really became a problem, I could just make it where only you guys and people who request to be on the waypointing team have the path tools, but I REALLY doubt it would come to that.

ideas/comments/suggestions?

btw: did you try that link I posted the other day for the tools wave made? Did they seem pretty good?

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 01-05-2005 at 13:52..

Old
  (#20)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

I hope so, i think i'd be great if we had a centralized community and that you get lots of publicity for your mod, i'm talking like PC Gamer type publicity, maybe the pope would be interested in Fritzbot (hey you never know).

About that tool, it keeps locking up my PC (and it's a pretty bad lock). In fact Fritzbot is the only thing that'll load on my PC. Did you test the mod mal? So i know if it's a coding error or a problem on my end. Actually i can't load plain old WOlfMP either, that locks up. Fritzbot works fine though. ???