.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

shrub for fritzy
Old
  (#1)
PrestonKh

Default shrub for fritzy - 27-04-2005

Ok earlier I made a post in the Depot Map thread and I wanted to know is it possible to add a feature of implementing shrub? I have seen few mods able to combine into one...

Radeon 9800 256MB XT
Asus P400
SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
Pentium 4 3.0GhZ w/ hyperthread technology

Re: shrub for fritzy
Old
  (#2)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 27-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonKh
Ok earlier I made a post in the Depot Map thread and I wanted to know is it possible to add a feature of implementing shrub? I have seen few mods able to combine into one...
Mal has already added quite a few Shrub mod features. To implement the whole Shrub Mod i believe he'd need clearance from the Shrub team and he'd need the source code because he'd have to combine it with Fritz code.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Is there a particular feature you want?

Like Denny said - many Shrub features are already in there. I just haven't advertised them, but most have been there since the very first version. Theres a thread on the forums here somewhere where I listed most of the Shrub features I've included.

NOTE THOUGH: If its a really complex feature, it may not get done this version. I'm already looking at a TODO list of 50 or so items for the next version, and I'm getting ready for finals at school here soon too, so my time is really short right now (and will be for the next whole month). If its something fairly simple to implement, or something that has public source code available to use, I'll add it, but anything more complex than that may have to wait a version. *COUGH* FG42 *COUGH* 9_9 :o

As an aside: the lack of documentation is something that will change for the next version.

I'm working on the wiki ATM. There is a basic, unfinished page there now for Fritzbot.

Check it out.

TBH - writing documentation is like pulling teeth with me, its just one of those things I'm not crazy about, but its really needed and it will get done one way or another for the next version!

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 27-04-2005 at 12:24..

Old
  (#4)
PrestonKh

Add the slap feature

Radeon 9800 256MB XT
Asus P400
SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
Pentium 4 3.0GhZ w/ hyperthread technology

Old
  (#5)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
As an aside: the lack of documentation is something that will change for the next version.

I'm working on the wiki ATM. There is a basic, unfinished page there now for Fritzbot.

Check it out.

TBH - writing documentation is like pulling teeth with me, its just one of those things I'm not crazy about, but its really needed and it will get done one way or another for the next version!
You'll almost have to write a doc if your adding waypointing support, although if you need help writing up a waypointing tutorial i mean i could offer some assistance. Of course i'd have to know what is what beforehand.

What's wiki btw?

Oh and about the FG42, as long as you add it i'll be a happy man, whichever version it's added.

Old
  (#6)
Gatekeeper

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 28-04-2005

IDK, but one of the links at the top of the forums says Wiki.

Old
  (#7)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper
IDK, but one of the links at the top of the forums says Wiki.
Maybe it's like a codename for the Fritzbot project, kinda like how Microsoft's next OS is project name "Longhorn" and Unreal Tournament's next project is codenamed "Envy"

Old
  (#8)
Maleficus

Yea, at the top of the forum page is the "wiki". If you click it, it takes you to the main wiki page, with all of the bots having a page there, as well as other bot info. Near the bottom is Fritz's wiki page.

Its not much ATM, I just started on it.

As for a waypoint tutorial, once I get the tools in your hands, if you want to write up a tutorial (perhaps on the wiki), I'd appreciate it.

I have an idea:

Personally, I like the idea of you guys being the "official" waypointers - that way I could bundle the path files with each Fritz bot release, they would be peer reviewed by everyone here, and people wouldn't have to go to 3-4 different sites to get all the paths they want. Through Bots United, we have a hugh filebase where we can post as many files and updates as we like.

Also, if someone out there in Internet Land paths for some custom map, all of us can review it, and if its a good job, we can host it here or even bundle it with Fritz too.

I don't like how it is with most bots: 20 different ppl making path files, some good, some not, and you have to search all over the net to find them because they each have their own site. And its usually a pain to get in touch with the author about bugs, missing features, or requests for the path file.

I'd like BU to be the hub of all Fritz activity.

Would you guys be interested in being the "official waypointers", perhaps even taking requests?

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

btw: I would haver a cooler code name for Fritz than "wiki"!

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 28-04-2005 at 08:01..

Old
  (#9)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
Personally, I like the idea of you guys being the "official" waypointers - that way I could bundle the path files with each Fritz bot release, they would be peer reviewed by everyone here, and people wouldn't have to go to 3-4 different sites to get all the paths they want. Through Bots United, we have a hugh filebase where we can post as many files and updates as we like.

Also, if someone out there in Internet Land paths for some custom map, all of us can review it, and if its a good job, we can host it here or even bundle it with Fritz too.

I don't like how it is with most bots: 20 different ppl making path files, some good, some not, and you have to search all over the net to find them because they each have their own site. And its usually a pain to get in touch with the author about bugs, missing features, or requests for the path file.

I'd like BU to be the hub of all Fritz activity.

Would you guys be interested in being the "official waypointers", perhaps even taking requests?

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

btw: I would haver a cooler code name for Fritz than "wiki"!
Yeah, i figured that's what we'd be anyway so count me in. The thing is though, map locations. See i have an entire DVD filled with Maps i've collected ever since wolf was released, and i like older versions of some maps and those maps may not be available anymore, so we need to decide if we provide links to these maps, or just tell people to google and pray.

I also agree with what you are saying in that it does suck having to search thousands of sites for a particular waypoint. But unfortunatly not everyone will comply by this, there's still gonna be rogue waypointers out there or even worse plagerizers who take our waypoints, modify them slightly and re-release saying it's their work. This probably won't be that bad because of the flexability of the scripting system and how user's can set them up anyway they like.

But speaking for myself, and i think Ghost would agree that any new waypoints, suggestions, requests etc. you'll only find them 2 places, his site (mainly release news) and the Fritzbot Site/Board. I personally will use the board for all my activity and the waypoints i'm working on will be in my sig, so everyone will know what i'm up to and all. You should make a sub forum for just waypointing related announcements, help, and requests and such. That way it sort of keeps everything organized.

Old
  (#10)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
You should make a sub forum for just waypointing related announcements, help, and requests and such. That way it sort of keeps everything organized.
Yeah - will do here soon when the tools are done.

If you know of some stable mirrors, we could at least provide links to maps. I'd be curious to know of some myself, as its hard to find any map locations that aren't private, or setup like FilePlanet.

I hope and would encourage anyone who makes path files to join BU, simply because that way it guarentees people will see their work: the file can be bundled with the Fritz download, and they get recognition and credit.

Dum Spiro Spero