.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Important - Read This!!
Old
  (#1)
Maleficus

Default Important - Read This!! - 10-03-2005

I finally figured out why the UI screws up after you play around with the config files.

The game, for whatever reason, seems to overwrite the Fritz dlls with its own dlls, as a part of the sv_pure check.

The fix is simple: download the attached file and extract it into your "fritzbot" directory. It will overwrite the dlls there now, and add one new file.

This SHOULD be the end of this annoyance. I only wish I had figured this out in time for the patch. :-/
Attached Files
File Type: zip Patch2.zip (678.8 KB, 937 views)

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: Important - Read This!!
Old
  (#2)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Important - Read This!! - 10-03-2005

I don't even know what your talking about i never had any problems like that before. But hey it's new, and for Fritzbot, so i'm all over this.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Gatekeeper was the first to report this bug - and a few others have also reported seeing it. I have been able to replicate the bug (quite by accident, just screwing around with the MP config file), so I know it exists, tho I still don't know exactly what it is I did that caused it. o_O

btw: its the exact same dlls that were in the patch, so theres no new features other than this one bug fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I don't even know what your talking about i never had any problems like that before. But hey it's new, and for Fritzbot, so i'm all over this.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#4)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
Gatekeeper was the first to report this bug - and a few others have also reported seeing it. I have been able to replicate the bug (quite by accident, just screwing around with the MP config file), so I know it exists, tho I still don't know exactly what it is I did that caused it. o_O

btw: its the exact same dlls that were in the patch, so theres no new features other than this one bug fix.
Ah, okay, i never manually edit my wolfconfig_mp.cfg file so i wouldn't have caught this bug. By no other features you mean the FG42 Rifle isn't in this update?

I'm kidding, but excellent job mal! Oh and those Medics are sick! I never have to call for a Medic their always there. You couldn't get the medics any better (unless you could), supurb work all around as well.

I know i'm kind of jumping ahead a bit, but i was curious as to what you will try to add in release 4, maybe you could share with the class?

Old
  (#5)
Gatekeeper

Hey Mal, great patch! It also seems to fix the (clientside, I'm guessing) problem where you would hear the "pickup ammo" while having full ammo and walking over an ammo pack, even though you hadn't actually picked the ammo pack up. And correct me if I'm wrong but it adds a spawntimer, too?

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Default Re: Important - Read This!! - 11-03-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper
Hey Mal, great patch! It also seems to fix the (clientside, I'm guessing) problem where you would hear the "pickup ammo" while having full ammo and walking over an ammo pack, even though you hadn't actually picked the ammo pack up. And correct me if I'm wrong but it adds a spawntimer, too?

Your correct: the pickup ammo sound fix and the spawntimer are both clientside, but actually those features have been around since the last release WAAAAAY back in Sept of last year.

The cgame_mp_x86.dll was also getting overwritten by the default one, along with the ui_mp_x86.dll, in this stupid engine bug - so thats why you can always see it now, no matter what.

I'm really preplexed why this bug showed up, and why only a few have had problems with it, but I'm glad this fix takes care of it.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 11-03-2005 at 10:29..

Old
  (#7)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I know i'm kind of jumping ahead a bit, but i was curious as to what you will try to add in release 4, maybe you could share with the class?
Heh, first I need a break for a week or two. Gonna play some HL2 and DOOM3.

But even when I'm on "vacation", I've been planning out the next version. Right now I'm at the planning state, but some things I want to add:

1. Waypoint menu. This is a big priority.

2. Script system to complement the path system.

3. Nail down, and call complete, the path system. This will be first actually. :o

4. Combat improvements.

5. Pathing and movement improvements. I've already figured out how to completely eliminate the occasional bug fritz has of running into a wall and getting stuck. Now I just have to write the actual code. 9_9

6. More stuff and features, as they come to me. I can't tell you everything - I like surprising you guys!

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 11-03-2005 at 10:32..

Old
  (#8)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Heh, first I need a break for a week or two. Gonna play some HL2 and DOOM3.

But even when I'm on "vacation", I've been planning out the next version. Right now I'm at the planning state, but some things I want to add:

1. Waypoint menu. This is a big priority.

2. Script system to complement the path system.

3. Nail down, and call complete, the path system. This will be first actually. :o

4. Combat improvements.

5. Pathing and movement improvements. I've already figured out how to completely eliminate the occasional bug fritz has of running into a wall and getting stuck. Now I just have to write the actual code. 9_9
Excellent, i can't wait till that waypoint system is down.

Quote:
6. More stuff and features, as they come to me. I can't tell you everything - I like surprising you guys!
Please, oh please, let it be the FG42.