.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

The patched Third Release comments thread
Old
  (#1)
Maleficus

Default The patched Third Release comments thread - 08-03-2005

Now that the new patched release is out, lets collect comments, bugs and suggestions here.

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: The patched Third Release comments thread
Old
  (#2)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: The patched Third Release comments thread - 08-03-2005

Heyyo,

Err.. Mal? in your readme it talks aboot:

Quote:
* Play Information *

Single Player : NO
Cooperative (2-4) : NO
Objective (2-16) : YES
Stopwatch (2-16) : YES
Capture Point (2-32) : YES
New Sounds : No
New Graphics : YES
New Music : No
Err... is there a cooperative mode? I've been searching for an rtcw coop mod n' no luck.. I even checked twice on the game modes... yep. still no coop. soo... do ya know if there is one? ???

[EDIT]
Btw, gj on the bot, it's even more fun than the last 2 releases.. nading was great fun in phase2, but bombing's are intense.. sweet.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 08-03-2005 at 07:19..

Old
  (#3)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

I'll try them out after i reinstall RTCW (Had to reformat )

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#4)
Gatekeeper

Woohoo for no crash problems. So far I haven't actually noticed any balance differences. I like how you took the cfgs out of the pk3, they're much easier to modify now. Tbh I didn't like the new skins and models so I took them out of the pk3 and put them in a seperate folder. They don't feel very RtCWish to me. Maybe there should be an option to toggle on/off the new skins and models. Otherwise good work!

Old
  (#5)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
Err... is there a cooperative mode?
Not in the PC version.
Thats just a standard readme file.

Gate: Hmm, too bad about the skins: I got them from SP wolf (BJ from SP game, and paratrooper skins), and from ET (the uniforms). :-/

I should probably make them be a seperate pk3 file, so if you don't want them, you can easily remove them.

btw: you have a bot in there now, just type "addbot gate" at the console.

The differences are subtle, but they're there - I notice the bots giving a much better game now.

The complete list:

1. Black letters are allowed in name now.

2. Path file for Beach was revamped and improved. Bots should have fewer problems now, and play even better/smarter.

3. Quite a few weapon usage fixes for the bots.

4. Bots understand Friendly Fire now, and understand what they can and can't do when its on or off (no more medics trying to TK Revive if FF off, or teammates scattering if you throw a nade/airstrike if FF off).

5. Bots will switch weapons based on the map changes, then switch back (i.e. bots will be snipers before the wall blows, but after it blows, will switch to a diff weapon - then go back to sniper when map restarts).

6. map_restart bug fixed.

7. memory leak fixed.

8. The mod SHOULD show just the Fritz supported maps now. I've tested this, and it works on every test I've done.
HOWEVER - I have noticed where sometimes playing around in the cfg or mod directory can make it not work, I don't know exactly yet what causes it - but I don't believe its a problem with Fritz, but witht the game itself. Unfortunately it requires you to reinstall the whole mod to fix it. :-/ I am going to find out why this is exactly, and what can be done about it.

9. The bots understand when a teammate is doing an action that they want to do, even if its human. EX: in the war room - a bot may want to camp on the file cabinets in the corner but your already up there, the bots will now see you camping there already, actually understand what your doing there, and understand theres not enough room for both of you up there, and go camp somewhere else. This solves the VERY annoying problem where 2 bots (or a bot and a human), would "fight" for an action in a particular spot (especially camp actions).

10. The bots now understand if your not in their field of view when they are using an MG42, and will stop using it to attack you normally. This was an annoying bug in Wolfbot, and in the initial third release of Fritz: the bots hanging onto the MG42, even when you'd go behind them and attack them.

11. A few other things I can't recall ATM.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 10-03-2005 at 09:44.. Reason: Added a feature I forgot to write about earlier...

Old
  (#6)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Got one tip for ya mal: make a .bat file that starts rtcw with frtiz.

simple, just like in your readme, just create a frtizbot.txt and put in:

wolf.exe +fs_setgame frtizbot

then save n' close it n' rename it from .txt to .bat and now once you execute that .bat it should start rtcw with fritz. It works no matter where the game's installed as long as they extract it in the right directories eh?

I've seen this done in many Q3A mods like Doom3, and even Q3A.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#7)
Gatekeeper

Default Re: The patched Third Release comments thread - 09-03-2005

A co-op mod would be really sweet. Cough, cough.

Also, the list of maps only displayed Fritz-compatible maps until I edited the beach bots cfg. v583

Old
  (#8)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper
A co-op mod would be really sweet. Cough, cough.
Heyyo,

I soooo second that... a side project maybe mal?

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
Heyyo,

I soooo second that... a side project maybe mal?
IIRC, someone tried that when RtCW first came out, but for whatever reason was not possible (or perhaps wasn't very easy to do without rewriting a ton of code), I don't know for sure, but I remember hearing something about it a couple years ago.

Either way - that would be a total and complete full time mod in and of itself, and sadly: I only have time for one right now, and its Fritz.

Gate: Hmm, I'm wondering what it is about editing the cfg files that causes it to happen, because it happened to me when I edited the normal wolf cfg by hand. But, I didn't change any variables that would have affected the .dll loading (or so I think), so don't understand yet why this occurs. :-/

btw: did anyone like the new models/skins that I included at all? I'm wondering if I should just make it a seperate, optional download in the future if noone really cared for it (I like it personally, adds a new facelift to an old game). ???

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#10)
PrestonKh

Maleficus...

I think the new skins look fine. I barely noticed them until I went up to one of the bots; admiring the beard . It's definitely cool having something new in, however I have to admit I would address the problem of toggling the new skins on or off for your final release. Everyone has their own opinions on them.

BTW: still looking forward to that DEPOT! LOL! I play on a 64 server...want my own! MY BOTS I CAN PWN!

I noticed something weird on Beach now that I come to think about it. The bots jumped awfully a lot in the Axis side in the radio room / spawn room. They tended to bunch up, but 2 or 3 minutes later separate. Otherwise, I have to say they are very impressive with nading and artillery striking.

Last edited by PrestonKh; 09-03-2005 at 08:16..