.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Some surgestions
Old
  (#1)
Carnage

Default Some surgestions - 05-09-2005

just start of by saying this is one of the best (if not the best) bot i have played for rtcw. I realy like the teamplay and the unfunctional voice chats like "thanks" realy give it the pub feel

ok now to the things i think your bot can improve on (btw there might be something similar to these already implemented but im just too dumb to see)

- Some kind of reaction time delay. I found it realy hard to beat the bots in chataue when opening doors as thye basicaly shoot the millisecond they see you and i think it also loses some of the realism. perhaps you can add it to the bot config so some bots can be more skilled than others?

- Field of vision and reactions. i think its posible to hide from the bots and let them walk past you (one of my fave tatic on a pub) but when you go for the first shot on the back of the head they are instantly aware of exactly where you are and snap around. again i think this could be solved by adding some kind of reaction time in so you get a chance before they turn around

- crosshair snaping. Every bot i have seen can move the crosshair basicaly instantly. could there be a system where the bot gets the orinetation of his desired view angle and then use some kind of maximum number of degresse he can turn per whenever so its more tracking the target. posible to add some random number of degrese in too to make the bots aim inperfect, again in config you could set how large this number could be to give some bots more acuracy

a acelartion curve would be nice to simulate the mouse gaining speed when its move from a static position

- god given acuracy. do these bots have built in acuracy even when jumping etc. i would prefer to see them forced to have there acuracy like normal players and just track the target. makin use of croutching at range etc

just a few of my idea, great bot and keep up the good work

Last edited by Carnage; 05-09-2005 at 16:16..

Re: Some surgestions
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: Some surgestions - 06-09-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage
just start of by saying this is one of the best (if not the best) bot i have played for rtcw. I realy like the teamplay and the unfunctional voice chats like "thanks" realy give it the pub feel

ok now to the things i think your bot can improve on (btw there might be something similar to these already implemented but im just too dumb to see)

- Some kind of reaction time delay. I found it realy hard to beat the bots in chataue when opening doors as thye basicaly shoot the millisecond they see you and i think it also loses some of the realism. perhaps you can add it to the bot config so some bots can be more skilled than others?

- Field of vision and reactions. i think its posible to hide from the bots and let them walk past you (one of my fave tatic on a pub) but when you go for the first shot on the back of the head they are instantly aware of exactly where you are and snap around. again i think this could be solved by adding some kind of reaction time in so you get a chance before they turn around

- crosshair snaping. Every bot i have seen can move the crosshair basicaly instantly. could there be a system where the bot gets the orinetation of his desired view angle and then use some kind of maximum number of degresse he can turn per whenever so its more tracking the target. posible to add some random number of degrese in too to make the bots aim inperfect, again in config you could set how large this number could be to give some bots more acuracy

a acelartion curve would be nice to simulate the mouse gaining speed when its move from a static position

- god given acuracy. do these bots have built in acuracy even when jumping etc. i would prefer to see them forced to have there acuracy like normal players and just track the target. makin use of croutching at range etc

just a few of my idea, great bot and keep up the good work
Yes, these have already been noted in several threads and are on the TODO list to fix. I was getting a LOT of requests from hardcore players to make the bots be faster and have better aim, and I ramped up their skill without thinking about how it would affect the easy skill levels. Its something I will fix and balance, hopefully so everyones happy.

They already have reaction time delay and a realistic FOV (its 90 for HARD skill, 80 for medium, 70 for easy).

Dum Spiro Spero