.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

A note to path tool users
Old
  (#1)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default A note to path tool users - 29-08-2005

I just wanted to take this time to mention this before Maleficus releases the next version.

Now there is gonna be pathing tools free to use by the community. And i for one support any and all waypoint development but there's a few things i must stress and some suggestions.

First off, at present time there isn't a tutorial, it's currently being worked on (by me) and should take about one to two weeks to finish, if i had to give a prgress percentage, i'd say it's 45% complete. I haven't had much time to work on it and there's alot to put in the tutorial so i encourage you to be patient. You'll know when it's done as i will post on these boards when it's complete and i'm sure Mal will post on his site when it's done as well.

In the mean time, there is a rough guide to creating waypoints here and some other various topics around the board, for the time being that should help you out for now. Feel free to ask questions if you need help or feel free to look at already created waypoints to find out how to do certain things.

Secondly, i encourage you to keep an eye on the Waypoint List on the Fritzbot Wiki so you know which maps are done or being worked on currently (some members, myself included will have waypointing progress in their signatures). It will be actively updated all the time so be sure to drop in and check it out from time to time. I'll put any other maps people are working on, on that list so if you wanna path a map let us know and we'll add it to the list. I can't tell you how frustrating it would be to get 75% done with a waypoint and have someone else release a waypoint for the same map, not only would it create tension between the pathers, but it would confuse people who don't path but download additional waypoints. There's also a topic in the waypointing forum to post which maps you plan on pathing. Also feel free to keep the community up to date on everything.

And lastly, please don't take other's waypoints, alter, then re-release them. That's just total disrespect and i for one will go on record stating that you MAY NOT TAKE ANY of my waypoints alter and re-release them for any reason at all. Feel free to provide suggestions, bug reports and ideas to the authors of the waypoints though.

I don't wanna seem like a prick for saying all this and i hope you don't think i am, but it never hurts and i'd like to see everyone working together to make Fritz one of the best bots around. With that being said, enjoy the pathing tools and i'm excited to see what people create.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.