.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Any New News Mal?
Old
  (#1)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Any New News Mal? - 20-05-2005

It's Been awhile...

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Re: Any New News Mal?
Old
  (#2)
PrestonKh

Default Re: Any New News Mal? - 21-05-2005

Mal is looking for someone that has php experience; do not think it's going well for him. :-/

Radeon 9800 256MB XT
Asus P400
SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
Pentium 4 3.0GhZ w/ hyperthread technology

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonKh
Mal is looking for someone that has php experience; do not think it's going well for him. :-/
Heh, don't assume the worst!

I've been busy with school guys - this weeks was my finals, which I just finished on Thursday.

But, Fritz hasn't been ignored. I finished up the most of the script system yesterday (you guys are REALLY going to like it!), and I'm going to start on the waypoint tool stuff this weekend.

I also have been working on getting a new web page up. I've installed PHP update, and got a basic page working, but I'd like to add more, which is why I'm asking for help from anyone with php experience.

I have a list of about 5 different things I want to finish before I hand you the tools, but they should be done by the end of the month. I've quite honestly had no time to work on Fritz the past month, but I'm eager to get back to work on it.

Stay tuned.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 21-05-2005 at 08:52..

Old
  (#4)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Sounds great, you may have to just list the variables and what they do and what options so we know how to use them. From the sound (and look) of things it shouldn't be too hard. I especially like how your sticking to english rather than l337 Hax0rs language, lol.

I wish i did know C++, then i'd learn Uscript and make me a Bombing Run mod for the original Unreal Tournament....ah a man can dream

In any case, i'm still thinking of how the script movers could be waypointed, it's super hard to explain because you have to wonder if things are even possible. It won't be easy that's for sure and more than likely it would have to rely ALOT on your waypointing scripting system.

Who knows though, but i'll try and explain a couple ways you could have it, but keep in mind it may not be doable.

Last edited by Denny; 21-05-2005 at 13:42..

Old
  (#5)
Maleficus

Default Re: Any New News Mal? - 24-05-2005

I've never looked at Uscript, but I don't think learning C++ is needed just to understand it. I do know that there is a LOAD of tutorials for Uscript, and that if you can think of it, someone else has probably already written a tutorial for it, or just done it and released the source. They even have sites (something like "Unreal University") that are dedicated to modding Unreal Tournament.

I've been thinking about movers: some of them I don't really think are needed, and I may delete some of them.

An example would be the gate on mp_base - I was playing the other day, and humans always just open the gate first thing, then its pretty much ignored the rest of the game. I'm wondering if it would really have that much of an impact to just remove it (its removed in the CP gametype). Basically, my point is it has no real impact on your average pub server.

For other movers that are important to gameplay, I need to work out some kind of system or goal stack to get the bots to understand them. Thats one thing I haven't gotten to yet, tho it shouldn't affect most of the vanilla maps, it makes some custom maps impossible until I get to it.

Its on the TODO list, but not really high - tools and scripts are first, then a load of other improvements (the combat and movement code needs lot of rework, and a lot of new features are in various states of development).

I've made LOTS of subtle improvements in the way they work the last week or so, but theres a lot more to do.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#6)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Any New News Mal? - 24-05-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
An example would be the gate on mp_base - I was playing the other day, and humans always just open the gate first thing, then its pretty much ignored the rest of the game. I'm wondering if it would really have that much of an impact to just remove it (its removed in the CP gametype). Basically, my point is it has no real impact on your average pub server.
That's a trigger door type thing. When i say Script Movers i mean like trams, elevators, moving platforms and such.

Old
  (#7)
Gatekeeper

Default Re: Any New News Mal? - 28-05-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
...the combat and movement code needs lot of rework...
Right now it's pretty easy to simply hide behind a corner after engaging in combat with a bot, wait for the bot to switch to the nade, and then pop out again for a cheap kill.

I just had to say something, this place is getting quiet.

Old
  (#8)
Maleficus

Default Re: Any New News Mal? - 29-05-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper
Right now it's pretty easy to simply hide behind a corner after engaging in combat with a bot, wait for the bot to switch to the nade, and then pop out again for a cheap kill.
Thats something thats been bothering me for a while, but I've been too busy in the race to add more features and support to work on it.

Anytime you have bots doing consistent behavior, somebody will find a way to exploit it. I will be making sure that in the next version, their enemy chasing code is much more realistic and varied. 9_9

Thanks for the feedback.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 29-05-2005 at 08:16..

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

Default Re: Any New News Mal? - 03-06-2005

Right now, I'm reworking some of the bots team/AI goal logic to go hand in hand with the new script system.

Tearing out the old system, and putting in this new system has taken longer than I had expected, but I should be done very soon. And yes - its worth it: the improvements and power given to the user makes it all worth while.

Hang in there guys!

Dum Spiro Spero