.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bullets not Registering
Old
  (#1)
butterz

Default Bullets not Registering - 13-11-2005

Ok, here's my problem. I currently purchase a 20-person server run off of a linux computer I believe. They have an "Auto-Install" feature that allows me to simply click on podbot and then click Install...and it's ready to go. (Or so they say) After I have it installed (takes roughly 5 seconds) I restart my server and enter. I have 3 bots and me. They work fine on all maps, I even got waypoints for cs_mice_final working correctly. They move well, chat, and their names are correct. The only problem is...their bullets don't register with the server at all! They can be shooting me point blank and I will not get hurt. BUT...here's the part that confuses me...they CAN knife me. Their knives hurt/kill me, but their guns cannot? Also, this just put me over the top, i have NO IDEA what to do now...just recently I clicked on the Feature on my server to UNinstall podbot, after I did this I went into the server sometime later, and the bots were killing people. So I restarted the server, and then they were gone. The reason they were gone was I uninstalled them but did not restart the server up until that point. So i tried installing them again and still...they cannot killl with a gun. I do not have jason mode enabled...they shoot guns, but just dont do damage. Could you please help me? My MSN IM is bigdawg5977@gmail.com. Someone please help me, I'd love to be able to use PODBOT on my server.

Re: Bullets not Registering
Old
  (#2)
butterz

Default Re: Bullets not Registering - 13-11-2005

I forgot to mention the other day...

Another 'bug' I've noticed is that the Bots jump is slow-motion, as if the gravity was 300 or so. (they don't just higher, just slower). I'm not sure if that is relevant, because that doesn't bother me, the fact that they cannot kill me bothers me...I don't want a moving target, I want a challenging enemy. Could someone tell me if maybe it's just an older version or whatever? I've tried updating the .dll from this site, but that fixes nothing either. Let me know, Thanks.

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bullets not Registering - 13-11-2005

Bullets of podbot mm not registering was described here a bit (You should read a bit more before You post, at leats before You start think it's podbot bug...).
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4345

Just update Your AMX X to the newest version (currently 1.60). The All-in-One installer doesn't support linux system anymore, since author of it doesn't have any PC with linux to test his installer on it.
Yeah - they jump too much - known issue. Every obstacle they hit - they try to over-jump - that's why they jump.

Last edited by KWo; 13-11-2005 at 20:09..

Old
  (#4)
butterz

Default Re: Bullets not Registering - 14-11-2005

I have read that post...problem is...I'm running AmxModX V1.60....

BUT, I just removed AMXmodX V1.60 and now the bots work flawlessly...this is too bad, I wish I could use admin with them...I will now try installing AMX AFTER the bots are installed...if that still does not work I will resort to admin mod which hopefully...will work.

Thanks for replying.

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bullets not Registering - 14-11-2005

Go to Youir addons\metamod plugins.ini file and show me the contents of it. Write in console:
meta list
and show me the result of it.
Go to Your addons/amxmodx/config/plugins.ini (the same name of file like the first one I'm asking for, but in different place - supposed to do something else) - and show me also the contents of it.