.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Bugs in release 2.1
Old
  (#21)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Bugs in release 2.1 - 17-05-2004

Ok, ok - in order to fulfill KWo's request for feedback from others, I'm gonna test this config. I might be a good test subject because I hardly play CS any more - most of what I do currently is waypointing and spectating my bots to see how the waypoints turned out... 9_9
So from a good bot I'd expect that top skill bots would be really tough enemies. We shall see... more on this tomorrow.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#22)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I was tired last night and I forgot to add some results of observation:

1. Bots don't use zoom when they have aug or SG-552 (they never used zoom during 6h of my tests).

2. Many times bots T had problem with planting bomb - I heard clicking of weapon (AK-47 or other) - like after finishing of ammo and they coudn't start the sequence of arming the bomb.

EDIT

3. Many times I saw the situation - bot was walking and looking at the wall (in this case he didn't see an enemy at its back - behind it). Bot remember the direction of last visible enemy and it is walking and looking still in this direction (regardless of its skill). I think - it should much more look around to better see the situation.

/EDIT

Last edited by KWo; 17-05-2004 at 16:45..

Old
  (#23)
Huntkillaz

i play with random bots skilled 95-99 (as i knew there was a bug with 100 from early versions of 2.5 n stuff)

95-99 is pretty good i can't get to the top of the ranks coz i always die...
but when i play on a human server i can get in to the top3 of my team easy on anymap but with bots i get killed :'(

●_•

Old
  (#24)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bugs in release 2.1 - 18-05-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntkillaz
95-99 is pretty good i can't get to the top of the ranks coz i always die...
but when i play on a human server i can get in to the top3 of my team easy on anymap but with bots i get killed :'(
Have You tryied my recomended botskill.cfg posted few posts above in this thread? If yes - try lower botskill - for example 80-85. If You use the original botskill.cfg (made by sPlOrYgOn) - I noticed this above, too - for me there is not difference play with bot (100) or bot (50) - they kill me by a headshot almost everytime and this can make some frustration. Because of this I re-edited this botskill.cfg file.

Old
  (#25)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
I was tired last night and I forgot to add some results of observation:

1. Bots don't use zoom when they have aug or SG-552 (they never used zoom during 6h of my tests).

2. Many times bots T had problem with planting bomb - I heard clicking of weapon (AK-47 or other) - like after finishing of ammo and they coudn't start the sequence of arming the bomb.

EDIT

3. Many times I saw the situation - bot was walking and looking at the wall (in this case he didn't see an enemy at its back - behind it). Bot remember the direction of last visible enemy and it is walking and looking still in this direction (regardless of its skill). I think - it should much more look around to better see the situation.

/EDIT
known about all 3 above..
1. it only checks for sniper rifles right now...
2. I don't know whats wrong. It checks if it's got the c4 out...
3. They're looking at either some sound, dangerous waypoint, or last enemy.

and my baby bro is owning the bots with 80-99 skill level with your configs KWo... and he's only 5 years old..

Old
  (#26)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
and my baby bro is owning the bots with 80-99 skill level with your configs KWo... and he's only 5 years old..
OK...- try at begining to divide all my AIM_OFFS by 2 (if there I put 100 - try put 50 etc...) and give some feedback here - if after this he should change down the skill of bot to play with them or still not. And try first on standard map , for example de_dust2 (for now not on awp).

BTW - how long time is your brother playing this game (how old was he when he started play)?

[EDIT]
You probably have another problem - with MIN/MAX TURNSPEED
Look here:

http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...4&postcount=14

What I mean? If Your brother is playing on listenserver P2 400MHz with 30fps , the real turnspeed of bots are slower than these mines (I have 50fps). So - You have to multiple all my MIN/MAX TURNSPEED by the value x=50/30 - to see the same what I see on my computer.
This is strange - for the future - mybe will be better define these parameters basic not at "frame" but at the time (for example 1 second - I mean this for example 30 degree for 1s).

[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 18-05-2004 at 20:22..