.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Assigned Weapons
Old
  (#1)
Tiger

Default Assigned Weapons - 17-11-2006

Question 1

I assigned a panzerfaust to one of my bots. But on certain maps he uses a flamethrower. Are the weapons that we select for the bots ever subject to bots' decisions in some sort of way, so that in effect we are just selecting the highest probability that they will use that weapon? In other words, do the bots have even the slightest ability to use a weapon other than that chosen for them?

Question 2

If I wanted a specific map waypointed, is there a place where I could request that it be waypointed? I am thinking of maps like Axis Rail Checkpoint and Alpine Express.

Question 3

I was reading through a number of command summaries, and noticed that one of the commands for dmflags 16(or something like that) is for fixing FOV. Does this mean that I can make FOV fixed so that everyone uses default FOV on the server, or are forced to, in the server?

Question 4

I like the new text when someone gets blown up by a grenade. I am just wondering, though, where do I look to see how I can modify what is said when someone gets killed by a gun or mortar, for instance. What file and where should I be looking for? And is there a way to modify it?

Last edited by CrapShoot; 17-11-2006 at 07:31..

Re: Assigned Weapons
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Assigned Weapons - 17-11-2006

plz don't start 4 different threads when you could easily ask all the questions in one post.

Answer 1: Some maps are set up so the soldiers will randomly choose a weapon. It's a keyword in the AI script.

Answer 2: Post any waypoint requests in the waypoint forum above.

Answer 3: I don't think you can force FOV on clients with a server command. If I remember correctly, FOV is a client CVAR.

Answer 4: There isn't a configuration file for the death messages, it's something Mal changed in the code.

Old
  (#3)
Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot View Post
Answer 3: I don't think you can force FOV on clients with a server command. If I remember correctly, FOV is a client CVAR.
u cant directly force them but u can setup in the pb cvars that max fov is 90.
if they have more and dont change it, they will get autokicked.

Old
  (#4)
Tiger

Well, I wasn't trying to spam, I just figured posting four posts for four topics was common sense for organization sake, so people can pick which one they want to read and answer rather than having to sift through a paragraph with multiple questions... But thanks for the info.