.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > Metamod and metamod plugins
Metamod and metamod plugins Plugins and improvements for the metamod server-side mod

Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys
Old
  (#31)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys - 12-11-2004

BAStumm that's an impressive amount of improvements. If botman and yourself were okay with it I'd propose to roll in your changes into the official monster plugin and push the version number many digits ahead... definitely
you could become the official maintainer for this plugin too if you were interested. But botman should know first.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#32)
BAStumm

Default Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys - 12-11-2004

It wouldn't be fair for me to take really any credit. At one point someone released something called monster_plugin_expension with a version number of 1.2 which included most of these monsters. I may or may not have ported more monsters into that but cannot recall. This was ages ago and while I do have the botman forum archives on my computer grep -r -i expension turns up empty so I can't even provide credit where its due unfortunately... When this person released the expension I did go through and clean up the code so it would compile in linux. again ages ago. Recently I got copies of rat.cpp and roach.cpp from buzzkill and added those into my local sources. Otis is the only real thing I've added and I got some assistance from CyberMind of the phpUA and QMM team. Other than that I did add in support for team based monsters and changed barney and otis to be team based, statically barney = v.team 1 and otis v.team 2 but another file is changed to allow any monster to be team based but if v.team is null they fall back to default mode as the original monster_plugin.

I could go ahead and release a new package for monster and would be happy to maintain it if botman is ok with that but I take no credit. Heck im not even sure team based barney/otis is something people would want. I do plan to later make team based hgrunts as well but again, is that a desired feature by people other than me?

Old
  (#33)
sfx1999

Default Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys - 13-11-2004

http://www.geocities.com/monsterplugin/

He added tentacles, barnacles, bloaters, ichthyosaurs, the Gman, leeches, and gargs. I remember on the original, it crashed when a garg hit another monster, but that was fixed. Then he made the Gman killable so you could spawn new monsters instead.

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#34)
BAStumm

as i stated I can take basically no credit but if needed ill maintain this plugin

Old
  (#35)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAStumm
if needed
the #1 question is whether you want it or not. It would not be wise to maintain something for which you've lost all interest. If you want it, ask botman to come and give us his opinion here, and if he agrees, I'll do the necessary.

Old
  (#36)
BAStumm

Default Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys - 16-11-2004

Ill contact botman and see what his thoughts are. I don't mind maintaining it, there isn't exactly a lot left to add to it, nilhilanth (sp?) is all that isn't added at this point. However I would need someone to do windows compiles for me as I "dont do windows". Course I have a few peeps on the phpUA team, QMM team, Titan etc which could lend a hand there if I ask them nicely

Old
  (#37)
Security

Bah, sorry - couldn't reply earlier, my Power Supply was broken since Friday, took awhile until i was able to get a new one.

Quote:
ok well last night I got this working where:

Barney uses the default barney model, glows blue and only attacks team 2 (unless provoked). Otis uses a custom red skinned model, only attacks team 1 (unless provoked) and glows red. So that part is done.

I'll whip up an alternate barney for you, what color you want him to glow? Oh and I'm guessing the way it would work is barney attack noone for your version unless provoked. IE Like in single player if you shoot him he will shoot back. Is that what you want?
Yes, thats exactly what I'd like to! Would be nice if you can make him glow white. A cvar or something (really don't know if something like that is much work) to switch between red otis/red glowing Barney for Team2 would be great, or else just a Compile with a red glowing Barney for me instead - you know, the Owner Custom Model download thing :/

Quote:
In addition to team based barney and otis monsters the version I have includes additional monsters. barnacle, bloater, controller, gargantua, icthyosaur,
gman, leech, rat, roach, tentacle. nihilanth being the only unsupported monster at this point.
Cool, sounds fun!

Last edited by Security; 16-11-2004 at 12:00..

Old
  (#38)
botman
Super Moderator

I don't have any problems with anyone merging changes into my original Monster plugin source code and making them available here for everyone else.

I'm surprised that so many people continue to play Half-Life multiplayer and MODs other than Counter-Strike. I guess there's at least a few months left of Half-Life MODs before the Half-Life2 Source MODs start rolling out.

botman

Old
  (#39)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

*waves hand*
we exist, botman

Okay, BAStumm, if you send me your complete source code and a compiled Linux binary, I'll compile the plugin for Widows (and orphans) and update all the Monster plugin packages on botman's site. You can add a readme if you want. Once this is done I'll post a news item on botman's index page. If you have a particular text you want me to put there, tell me.

We can do the other way around, too: I compile the plugin for Windows, I send the binary back to you, and you're in charge of hosting the monster plugin files wherever you want (it can be at the BU filebase, btw). In that case, I'll update the links on botman's site to point to your location. Choose what suits you best.

Old
  (#40)
Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by botman
I'm surprised that so many people continue to play Half-Life multiplayer and MODs other than Counter-Strike. I guess there's at least a few months left of Half-Life MODs before the Half-Life2 Source MODs start rolling out.

botman
Hehe ,
There are many Reasons to still play with the old Halflife Engine, but the Main Things are:
1. Too slow Computer for HL2 (like myself :[, I really thought HL2 would be delayed another year, so I didn't care about Hardware Upgrades - this Time HL2 is really released, but now I have no Money :[ )

2. It will take a (big) while until some good Mods are converted to Source Engine - some of them never, - SvenCoop, Natural-Selection, Science&Industrie..

Hope someone will make an HLDM Mod for HL2 - didn't knew Counterstrike is it's official Multiplayer an there is no Deathmatch this Time :[ (why btw. ?)

Last edited by Security; 16-11-2004 at 23:34..