.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

cg_mal_DrawTimer ???
Old
  (#1)
Stixsmaster

Default cg_mal_DrawTimer ??? - 04-03-2008

How come when I set this to 0 it does not work?

---Stixsmaster

Re: cg_mal_DrawTimer ???
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: cg_mal_DrawTimer ??? - 04-03-2008

I don't do RTCW so I can't test this for you. Apparently 1 is the default so check if it is being set back to 1. If so check your cfg file attributes (R/O maybe?)

And to clarify for those who play ET Stixsmaster is talking about what in plain ET is /cg_drawReinforcementTime

Old
  (#3)
Stixsmaster

exactly and well I have done the standard /rcon cg_mal_DrawTimer in console on my dedicated server and well it says it is set to 0 and the default is 1...

---Stixsmaster

P.S. so I do not have to ask in another forum...I do not understand this but how I do I make the bots not instant turn and have less aim accuracy because I lowered the bot_skill to 2 which is default and then the bot_aimskill to 2 which is default as well but still from more than half-ways across the level the bots just instant turn towards peeps and eachother and pretty much in less than a second no matter what you are a goner...

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

/rcon? I would have thought cg_mal_DrawTimer was a console (client) variable not a server one. (nedd3h's site calls it a client cvar too). And because of the FG42, RTCW clients to FritzBot (unlike FritzBot ET) need to run the FritzBot client.

Old
  (#5)
Stixsmaster

it may be a client command but if ou run fritzbot on dedicated server to view a console command or anything like it you have to put /rcon in front of the original code or else it will say that it is unfamiliar and not get the data from the server it self...

---Stixsmaster

P.S. in each map's bots config I added bot_skill 2 and bot_aimskill 1 and they still are like impossible to beat...how to fix?

Last edited by Stixsmaster; 04-03-2008 at 14:04..

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

when you use rcon, you are setting the value for cg_mal_DrawTimer on the server. client vars need to be set on your client, not the server. if it is giving you an unrecognized command message, make sure you have the mod installed / loaded.

for the bot skills, you only need to set it once in the server config. or you can issue the command through rcon. /rcon bot_skill 2, /rcon bot_aimskill 1

Old
  (#7)
Stixsmaster

hey I realized about the client side command and well the bot skill I did set only for the server side and well the bots seem like there bot_skill is the same but there bot_aimskill also seems the same...would possibly making both 1 make them less uber impossible to kill?

---Stixsmaster