.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Latest Beta is Screwed Combat\Aim
Old
  (#21)
Burnt Powder

Default Re: Latest Beta is Screwed Combat\Aim - 20-07-2004

I did not see any difference from the old dll to this new one when used with Booster (very, very poor aim).

Just reporting what I found.

Old
  (#22)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Can You try to setup this booster to fps_max as 100? If I remember You use 200, but probably 100 should be sufficient - if not - say us also.

Old
  (#23)
Burnt Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
Can You try to setup this booster to fps_max as 100? If I remember You use 200, but probably 100 should be sufficient - if not - say us also.
Still the same.

Old
  (#24)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: Latest Beta is Screwed Combat\Aim - 21-07-2004

I'm sorry... I found out that I forgot to replace something in the code for the pitch.. thats why the bots where only moving side to side too much..
I have fixed that and I hope this will fix the problems..
here's build 40
http://www.mapzap.org/files/podbot/podbotBETA.zip

Old
  (#25)
Burnt Powder

Default Re: Latest Beta is Screwed Combat\Aim - 22-07-2004

I will test this later tonight with Booster (default settings....... http://forums.unitedadmins.com/index...howtopic=38008 ) and post back tomorrow sometime.

-bp

Old
  (#26)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

After quite a while, I've finally had some time and motivation to test the latest dll (build 40) in game. I fired up a game on de_dust2 with 15 bots (skill between 60 and 99, random personality) and me. I played on the terrorist side, so I was in the "active" team and couldn't camp very much.
By spectating some bots in first person view, I noticed that the crosshair moves in a rather natural way now, not too jerky. In fact, I would only criticize that it often stays fixed on one spot a bit too long, especially when bots walk out of an open area and into a tunnel. They take too much time to switch back from their old perspective to look straight forward, towards where they are going. Besides, I sometimes had the impression that they are somehow locked to a certain viewing angle (or vector, whatever it is) when fighting an enemy. And when they move around, their crosshair doesn't move at all although they change their position. It is as if their neck was totally stiff, but the rest of their body was moving perfectly. Just a spontaneous impression, though.
I played 12 rounds, and in the end I had a score of 27:7 - and I didn't use "heavy" weapons very much. I scored at least 6 or 7 kills with a Mac10, some more with an MP5 and with a "stolen" M4. I only bought the G3, SG552, Para, and AK once. Besides, I wouldn't cally myself an ace player. Back in the Steam age, when I went to a "normal" public server with 8 ppl in each team, I was usually fourth or fifth of my team, sometimes worse, almost never better.
It wasn't boring or dull to play against these bots, but maybe still a bit too easy. But they are definitely seeing each other way better than before. They didn't just run past each other anymore. So you are definitely making progress with the code!
However, in the long run, bots with high skill levels should be REALLY tough, I think. When I play against skill 80-100 bots, I would expect to have problems keeping up with the best bots as a not-so-perfect player, even on a map I know well.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#27)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

About this looking at somewhere (for example at the wall) during walking - I noticed many times. They remember last enemy direction and they don't like change the view perspective until "hearing" another enemy. This is stupid - because many times bot walking in back direction goes exactly to enemy and that one can kill it very easy. Especially if there is a skill (100). They try to shoot at head - so this bot walking back direction has no chance in this case - even if also has skill (100).
About testing skill - T Wrecks - try once again play 8 on 8 but only with bots skill (100) and then say us if this bot is too easy (all bots the same skill 100 in each team). This is more realistic test of bot's difficultity.

Last edited by KWo; 22-07-2004 at 19:14..

Old
  (#28)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
try once again play 8 on 8 but only with bots skill (100) and then say us if this bot is too easy (all bots the same skill 100 in each team). This is more realistic test of bot's difficultity.
I'm not sure if it's more realistic to play only against bots with skill 100. It's easier to compare results when bots always have the same skill level, that's for sure. But don't you agree that any highly skilled bot, whether his skill be 79, 92 or 100 should be a challenge?
I'm gonna test 8 on 8 again, on the same map, with all bots set to 100, but as I said: If only skill 100 bots are really tough and skill 99 bots are desperate losers, I wouldn't say that all is well.

Old
  (#29)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

The max skill level and differences between skills are another topics. sPlOrYgOn is still working to make stupid bots stupidier and hard bots harder...
The "realistic" - I though only corresponding to the test if the highest skill level bots are enough hard or not. Of course - during normal play You can see some people with different skill. And then You need more differences between bots. But even if after Your test with bots (100) You will be still at the top of the list (without using AWP or camping) - it will mean this bot is still too easy - and this info will be for sPlOrYgOn more helpful. That's why I asked You to test bots with skill (100).

Old
  (#30)
>BKA< T Wrecks

...and that's what I just did. I played 14 rounds (forgot to stop at 12), and I came out on top, but by a narrow margin this time. In the end, I had 19:5 kills, but I had more trouble to get to the first rank. So apparently there really is a change from 70-99 to 100, unless I just had an exceptionally good evening yesterday and a lousy day today...
Anyway, since I am no pro, I would still say that the bot is too easy. Judging from the ranks I used to occupy when playing online, I would say that with skill 100 bots I ought to be on some middle - lower rank in the end, if that's possible.
Just my personal opinion, though, and it's always difficult to find a balance between bots that behave halfways humanlike and bots that are just outrageously good, but very... well, "botty".