.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Xposed Error
Old
  (#1)
Nova2001

Default Xposed Error - 05-02-2007

When playing Xposed, I'm having a weird error wherein the engineers run in circles at the first spawn point and show no interest whatsoever in the tank. If I personally fix the tank and move it out of the starting area, everyone (on both teams) acts as if it's still in the first courtyard and fights to the death there, even as their spawnpoints move farther and farther away.

As far as I can tell, no one else has commented on this problem.

The strangest part is that A> this error happens every time I play, now, and B> it didn't happen the first dozen times I played the map.

I don't think I've changed or updated anything recently that would account for this.

Question 2: is this a flower, or an adrenaline shot?

Re: Xposed Error
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Xposed Error - 06-02-2007

Is this the only map giving problems? Are you still running 0.70b final or did you load one of the experimental patches? The "script fix" one was broken, while the previous 2 are OK.

If you played on line and they were using a newer file (like a script fix) maybe that is interferring. Try taking all un-needed files out of etmain and retest.

Are you running pure fritz? or whaleclient?

/condump the console to a file when the map starts and look for any errors ande warnings (the wiki has some articles under construction describing all error messages).

Nice avatar

#2 it could be a blue opium poppy.

Old
  (#3)
Nova2001

Default Re: Xposed Error - 06-02-2007

This is the only map giving me problems of this sort.
(Reactor and Bulge_Beta1 have never worked, and I've given them up for lost. Everything else is fine.)

I am running 0.70b final, and can't play online due to connection wretchedness. No worries there.

I am running pure fritz. Windows XP.

I'll check for errors when I'm back home tonight.

That's kind of the opposite of adrenaline, isn't it?

Old
  (#4)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Xposed Error - 08-02-2007

Hi Nova,

I'm the guy who waypointed xposed. Your description of the symptoms seems to me like you may be missing some of the waypoint files. Check to make sure that "xposed.nav" is located in the fritzbot/bots/maps folder, "xposed.aiscript" is located in the fritzbot/bots/scripts folder, and "xposed.script" is in the fritzbot/maps folder. If you're running Frtizbot "pure," then those files will be found in the Fritz0.pk3 file. This is just a renamed zip file which can be opened like any other zip file.

As TomTom suggested, check the console for any error messages. If the aiscript file is corrupted, you'll see an error message in red after you join the game.

I've never encountered this problem before and I've played many, many sessions of the map. What are the problems with reactor and bulge? I've had many good hours playing them, too, with no weird problems.

Old
  (#5)
Nova2001

The only thing that gives me any pause in the console is this line:

WARNING: unknown blend mode 'gl_dst_color' in shader 'textures/xposed/burn@ringa', substituting
GL_ONE

Which repeats about 30 or 40 times. This seems like a map issue, rather than a bot one, and doesn't seem to affect visual quality.

xposed.nav is in bots/maps
xposed.aiscript is in bots/scripts
xposed.script is in maps

What's strangest to me is that it just started behaving this way. I'm puzzled to no end.

--

Reactor: I've never been able to get the allies to do anything but stand in their spawn point and complain about not having objectives. Once in a while, the guy who spawned farthest forward will run out the door. Against the whole axis team, however, he's toast.

Bulge: Crashes to the desktop immediately.

I assumed these were both standard problems and the botfiles were included by mistake. Now I suspect maybe I have a corrupted Bulge pk3 - I'm going to go redownload it. I suppose I'll dl Fritz0.pk3 again, too. I've never changed anything in there, though...

Old
  (#6)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Yes at first glance it begins to sound like file corruption or a problem reading the files. Are you running the waypoint files uncompressed or are they still in their .pk3 files? If they are still only inside the .pk3 files, testing them with winzip or winrar should show whether they are corrupted.

I think I will publish the md5 checksums in a thread, if Mal or Crapshoot will make it sticky, or maybe I should do it in the wiki.

Old
  (#7)
420Blunt

It sounds like you need to update ET to 2.60.

Edit: Nova it's definitely the update you need. I just tested using version 2.55 and ran into the same problems you describe above. After I updated to 2.60 all the problems went away.

Last edited by 420Blunt; 09-02-2007 at 00:00..

Old
  (#8)
Nova2001

Default Re: Xposed Error - 12-02-2007

It was definitely version 2.60 and the waypoints weren't corrupted. I gave up trying to figure it out and put the whole directory to the side and started fresh with a new install.

It'll take a while to get my campaigns back the way I want them, but everything is working fine! Xposed works like it used to (which makes it so much easier, thank goodness), bulge_beta1 will actually load without crashing, and the bots have objectives on reactor.

Happy day!

Heaven only knows what went wrong, but I won't question it too deeply so long as it's working again.

When I was re-downloading all the maps and waypoints for my new copy, I saw the wiki lists et_assault_beta4 as supported. (Another of yours, The Bindlestaff (or is it just Bindlestaff?) ). I somehow had never heard of this one, so I dove into the forums. All I found for waypoints was a RTCW version from way back. Can I assume it wandered into the wrong wiki?

Also tc_base is listed twice. That might be intentional.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. It's much appreciated.

Old
  (#9)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Xposed Error - 13-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova2001 View Post
When I was re-downloading all the maps and waypoints for my new copy, I saw the wiki lists et_assault_beta4 as supported. (Another of yours, The Bindlestaff (or is it just Bindlestaff?) ). I somehow had never heard of this one, so I dove into the forums. All I found for waypoints was a RTCW version from way back. Can I assume it wandered into the wrong wiki?

Also tc_base is listed twice. That might be intentional.
I haven't formally released ET_assault yet, but it's finished and is currently undergoing play-testing on the killbox server. The double entry of tc_base has been fixed, Thanks for noticing that!

It's "the bindlestiff": "stiff" is an old word meaning a "tramp" or "hobo" and "bindle" is a corruption of "bundle" and refers to the stiff's belongings wrapped in a bundle attached to the end of a stick carried over his shoulder.

I'm glad that you got your problem fixed. It can be maddening sometimes!

Old
  (#10)
Nova2001

Default Re: Xposed Error - 13-02-2007

So, I'm trying to recreate my campaigns now. This isn't strictly Fritz-related; my apologies. I've always been curious, however: What the heck is this all about?

Quote:
set d1 "campaign baserace ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"
// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet."
set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map baserace ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"
vstr d_initial
This is a cfg file I was told to make with each campaign, changing the text after the first "d1" and "map." What does it do, and why doesn't it seem to make any difference what I name it or even if I actually include it?

Thanks.

edit: I do know that g_gametype 4 is "campaign," as opposed to "stopwatch" or whatever. After "map" goes the name of the first map in the cycle, and after the first d1 goes the "shortname" of the campaign. The rest is a mystery.

Last edited by Nova2001; 13-02-2007 at 03:25.. Reason: addition