.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Game servers > Bot Servers
Bot Servers You own a bot server? Here is the place to chat about it!

op1e's NeKroPLaYgr0und
Old
  (#1)
op1e

Default op1e's NeKroPLaYgr0und - 16-02-2005

Hi all, if any of you remember me over the last year, I'm the guy with no clue trying to get something going. But after trial and error, multiple system crashes, reformats, and hardware upgrades, I can now run a 32 player serv with podbot, amx, and many cool plugins. So thanx to MarD, KWO, Splorygon, soulfather, and many others (like google) for helping me out. The serv runs off my pc and the ip is 65.24.44.127. If its not up, I'm probably playing farcry (speaking of, a bot for that would be great!) A firearms server will be up intermittently too, look for the same name.

Re: op1e's NeKroPLaYgr0und
Old
  (#2)
op1e

Default Re: op1e's NeKroPLaYgr0und - 16-02-2005

another thing, is there any way I can make my custom player and weapon models show up to visitors? I dont wanna do the whole dedicated http rental thing. I'm using roadrunner and have a 512 upload. Let me know if I'm missing something in my settings. I have sv_allowdownload and upload on.

Old
  (#3)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I'm not sure 512kbps upload would be enough to upload all your models to every single visitor connecting. That would most likely produce peaks of high lag.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Is that possible at all? I always thought which model is displayed depends solely on the PC on which the models are viewed.

Let's say you have default models on your server, and I have custom models on my client. You use the game's default AWM, I use a custom-made super soaker. When you sit in front of your server and spectate me, you'll see me carrying the default AWM.
And if you join the game and run around with an AWM, you will see the default AWM from your perspective.
However, if I spectate you from my computer, I will see you running around with a super soaker in your hands. Same goes for player models etc.

If you want to make your custom models available, I suggest you do so on a homepage, either providing a download or linking to the individual files on other servers. However, I can tell you that I don't like entire packages - you download 40 MB only to find out that at least half of the stuff is not your cup of tea.

But it's sure nice to see people appreciate custom content. I have succeeded in compiling a complete gun model and sound package from scores of individual releases, and I enjoy playing CS so much more than without. All weapons come with CZ arms and are correctly mirrored, i.e. no shells ejecting right in your face!

That's why I hate servers where custom sounds, sprites and models are checked for and blocked. All because of those stupid, ranking-crazy cheating kiddies who turn a game into a kind of sports competition. To cut a long story short, I think it's a better approach to just enable custom content and let every player choose what he likes best. Making your own custom models show to everyone probably wouldn't work, and it could give those of your players with slower computers that little shove that's needed to push them over the edge that separates a fluent game experience from an annoying slide show.

May I ask where your server is located? I might just stop by if it's not so far away that my ping gets desastrous.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#5)
op1e

Default Re: op1e's NeKroPLaYgr0und - 19-02-2005

my server is located in columbus, ohio USA

Old
  (#6)
op1e

Default Re: op1e's NeKroPLaYgr0und - 20-09-2005

hey, I got ahold of a plugin and adapted it for whatever weapons I wanted. I started my own mod and am getting quite a few regulars. It's called OWNAGE WEAPONS MOD. I took the amxx plugin for castor troy's golden colts and renamed the weapon it refers too and chose my own models to public precache. I had a lot at first but alot of people were dropping or timing out while downloading. My buddy who was close and has roadrunner like me dl'd all the models in like 5 minutes, but I cut them back anyway. The plugin works by redirecting shots wherever you specify (legs to stomach, stomach to chest, chest to head, arms to chest or head). It precaches the p and the v models for whatever weapon you choose.

Old
  (#7)
op1e

the main purpose was to make the cheap, underdog weapons "own" by making bullet damage more realistic. I started with the tmp and mac 10, then did both shotguns (cause they're worthless in CS anyway, now they are 1 hit kills) then certain weak pistols (glock, 5.7), but now its spun out of control and I cant stop myself from doing almost all of the weapons. I wasn't going to do rifles, but i thought FAMAS and GALIL being the cheapest and most inefective of them could use a boost. I also did all of the submachine guns after a while, cause I dont understand why the p90 sux so bad in this game, cause it ownz in raven shield, and well, in real life too. So now I have an mp5 with working nade launcher (mp5 mod) that takes people out as quick as an awp. Gone are the days of the AK and M4 being the only good weapons in CS.

Old
  (#8)
op1e

oh, ya, its now under a different name and IP, see the new thread...