.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games
Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games Discuss about Valve's new FPS game and its mods here Half-Life 2

Insurgency mod.
Old
  (#1)
RR99i

Default Insurgency mod. - 05-07-2007

Hey guys!

I was wondering if you guys knew about the Half-Life 2 mod, Insurgency. Here's the website.. http://www.insmod.net/ . I sure hope the developers will be able to make bots for it. Here's the link that I hope more people can post on... http://forums.insmod.net/index.php?showtopic=4926 . From what it seems, that of course, I wouldn't be in the first release. But hopefully the developers or a third party could make bots for it.

I've been into Insurgency about half a year, of it being announced. I've played online, seems like a lot of fun. But it's just not the same without bots. Bots would help give me a better chance and understanding the game. Knowing the gameplay and maps better. Just thought I would post about this kick ass mod! My name on the Insurgency Forum is, Sgt. {Ray}.

Re: Insurgency mod.
Old
  (#2)
BotUser

Default Re: Insurgency mod. - 26-09-2008

Yes, INS is a great mod. I'd love to see a bot for this mod, too.
It's basically about doing infantry combat and capturing/defending places on the map.

I am not a bot developer so my comments may be nonsense, but it seems that most (if not all) of the required stuff has been done with bots already:

- waypoints/pathfinding/navigating through maps
- finding/attacking/defending places on the map (objectives)
- handling a player classes system
- showing some kind of basic team behavior
- aiming/shooting. However, INS uses an ironsight system, so I don't know what that would mean for bot coding

Maybe someone of the more bright and talented people here show mercy and make a bot for INS. Would be really appreciated.

Old
  (#3)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

It seems something that RCBot may handle if it was still being worked on.
That really reminds me of Marine Bot. Have you checked to see if their is one for INS?

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#4)
BotUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
It seems something that RCBot may handle if it was still being worked on.
That really reminds me of Marine Bot. Have you checked to see if their is one for INS?
Yes, I checked various places for information on AI bot support for INS.
Seems that it was originally planned by the INS developers to include bot support, but they never started working on it and last year they apparently dropped this goal for good.

Many people in different forums have asked for bot support in INS ever since, but so far no bot has turned up. The INS community is quite small, so the number of people supporting INS *and* being capable of programming a bot is probably zero.

Old
  (#5)
dead bwoy

Default Re: Insurgency mod. - 18-05-2010

Holy crap! It's been forever since I posted here!

but anyways...
I got into INS a while back, noticed their bots, which are basicly the base bot included in the hl2sdk I believe. They generate .nav's for maps and run arround just fine. I even "hacked" them into "freezing" inside an objective area so they will cap them using a sourcemod plugin I made, however...
Almost every attempt to make these bastards shoot has failed! They have very few cvars, but notably "bot_disallowshoot" seems to have no effect. They only way I've been able to get them to shoot is by using "bot_mimic 2"
Other than that, using sourcemod, I got them to blow themselves up when they're close enough to an enemy! :-p About as much use as I could get out of them...

After a break, I came back here to see if anyone had made any progress on 3rd party bots for the source engine. I see valve havn't been very cooperative... :-(
Anyways, I tried RCBot2 and got an error "The Procedure entry point: ThreadWaitForObjects could not be located in the dynamic link library tier0.dll" I dunno, maybe it's not compatible with INS mod, or maybe Im doing it wrong...
I saw a rare mention of Hurricane Bot which I was actually able to get to load and add bots, but they wouldn't join a team, they'd just sit there in team "Unassigned" So once again, I turned to sourcemod and created a plugin to force the bots to join a team! I guess the problem was they didn't know how to join a squad in this mod. So I got them to spawn but there's a problem with the waypointing... Probably because they're designed for HL2DM. The site for Hurricane is down and their new site only seems to have the download link for the .zip file, that's it. If they see me (an enemy) they will shoot and chase me, but as soon as they lose line of sight they just stop and stand still... I guess it's an automated process and there's nothing I can do to fix the waypoints for the bot.

So it would be nice to get RCBot2 support for this mod, even if they just run and shoot, cuz I can use my sm plugin to make them cap points. Im not sure exactly which engine INS is built on, preety sure ep1. I know it's not orangebox, it's in the plans for them to move to orangebox, but who knows when that will happen. If RCBot2 is only for OB, I guess that might not work. If anyone has any other suggestions on how I can fix Hurricane's waypoints, or another bot that might work... I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance,
- DEAD

Old
  (#6)
BotUser

Default Re: Insurgency mod. - 21-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead bwoy View Post
Holy crap! It's been forever since I posted here!

but anyways...
I got into INS a while back, noticed their bots, which are basicly the base bot included in the hl2sdk I believe. They generate .nav's for maps and run arround just fine. I even "hacked" them into "freezing" inside an objective area so they will cap them using a sourcemod plugin I made, however...
Almost every attempt to make these bastards shoot has failed! They have very few cvars, but notably "bot_disallowshoot" seems to have no effect. They only way I've been able to get them to shoot is by using "bot_mimic 2"
Other than that, using sourcemod, I got them to blow themselves up when they're close enough to an enemy! :-p About as much use as I could get out of them...

After a break, I came back here to see if anyone had made any progress on 3rd party bots for the source engine. I see valve havn't been very cooperative... :-(
Anyways, I tried RCBot2 and got an error "The Procedure entry point: ThreadWaitForObjects could not be located in the dynamic link library tier0.dll" I dunno, maybe it's not compatible with INS mod, or maybe Im doing it wrong...
I saw a rare mention of Hurricane Bot which I was actually able to get to load and add bots, but they wouldn't join a team, they'd just sit there in team "Unassigned" So once again, I turned to sourcemod and created a plugin to force the bots to join a team! I guess the problem was they didn't know how to join a squad in this mod. So I got them to spawn but there's a problem with the waypointing... Probably because they're designed for HL2DM. The site for Hurricane is down and their new site only seems to have the download link for the .zip file, that's it. If they see me (an enemy) they will shoot and chase me, but as soon as they lose line of sight they just stop and stand still... I guess it's an automated process and there's nothing I can do to fix the waypoints for the bot.

So it would be nice to get RCBot2 support for this mod, even if they just run and shoot, cuz I can use my sm plugin to make them cap points. Im not sure exactly which engine INS is built on, preety sure ep1. I know it's not orangebox, it's in the plans for them to move to orangebox, but who knows when that will happen. If RCBot2 is only for OB, I guess that might not work. If anyone has any other suggestions on how I can fix Hurricane's waypoints, or another bot that might work... I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance,
- DEAD
Hey DEAD, nice to see that someone is taking care of the Insurgency Mod bot issue.
Best whishes anyway, I'd like to see something working for INS
Unfortunately, I left HL coding a long time ago and never really got into HL2, so I'm not too useful here.

Old
  (#7)
ExAnimo

Default Re: Insurgency mod. - 16-11-2010

My favourite mod, for a long time has already passed to from cs
It appears in a моd already there are bots
It was played with commands
bot_enable 1
bot_add_t1
bot_add_t2
But bots simply are at a stop and on what don't react
With a command bot_mimic 1 bots repeat movements of the player
I think to make bots for this mod much more difficult than for others as here it is a lot of tactics, there are 3 positions of the player
Standing, sitting, lying, + it is possible to look out from for corners keys Q and E.
It would be excellent if bots simply ran and though as that shot

Last edited by ExAnimo; 16-11-2010 at 05:38..

Old
  (#8)
ExAnimo

Default Re: Insurgency mod. - 17-11-2010

with comand nav_generate
.nav file is generated, bots run, but all as without any sense.
I hasn't found a way to force bots at least to shoot.

Old
  (#9)
ExAnimo

Default Re: Insurgency mod. - 06-12-2010

if somebody make bot that do like in this videos , i ready to pay for that bot
Insurgency Tactics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykw62Bx9as
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RexbPSbgjjk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES6YH-rn4WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-dos7U8Aeg