.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot
Old
  (#1)
ccarpo

Default CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot - 22-07-2005

Hi guys,
I want to run the PODBot on a dedicated windows CS1.6 Steam Server
I set it up and it works as long as I don't add a bot. *g*
With working I mean "meta list" shows me an up and running PODbot_mm.dll

but as soon as a bot tries to join (either via the podbot.cfg or by hand with pb addbot) the server crashes with a couldn't read memory exception.

Greets
CCarpo

Re: CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot - 01-08-2005

Are You sure You have everything installed with podbot OK? I mean all cfgs, txt , waypoints etc files. Take the fullpack from filebase R2B46c and install it again and try.

Old
  (#3)
ccarpo

Default Re: CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot - 01-08-2005

this was excatly the version I took last time.
Might it be that it'll only works up to or from a certain steam dedicated server version?

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I was playing that version about 3 weeks ago on Steam (listenserver) and CS1.5 (listen and dedicated version) without any problem.
Write in console

meta list

and show us all the contents You can see on Your screen (I would like to know what other mm plugin and which versions of them You are trying to play together with podbot mm). What is the version of metamod You are using? Are You sure it's the latest version? It's windows or linux (maybe AMD64) system?

Old
  (#5)
nicademus

Default Re: CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot - 05-03-2006

I'm running HLDS for Linux - RH9, it's from an old install that I have moved across to a new box, and run all the steam - updates. My problem is that now none of my Bots work. Be it Realbot, or Podbot, etc. I am currently running Metamod 1.18 I have tried V2.6mm of podbot, and R2b46d.
All kinds of BOTs seem to give the same error:
This one is from podbot 2.6
Creating bot...
L 03/06/2006 - 02:28:34: "unnamed<1><0><>" entered the game
./hlds_run: line 412: 5593 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD

This one is from realbot:

================================================== ==========================
REALBOT: Successfully created bot.
L 03/06/2006 - 02:29:45: "L33t_kR3W<1><BOT><>" entered the game
L 03/06/2006 - 02:29:45: Kick: "L33t_kR3W<1><UNKNOWN><>" was kicked by "Console"
L 03/06/2006 - 02:29:45: "L33t_kR3W<1><BOT><>" disconnected
L 03/06/2006 - 02:29:45: World triggered "Round_Draw" (CT "0") (T "0")
L 03/06/2006 - 02:29:45: World triggered "Round_End"
Dropped L33t_kR3W from server
Reason: Kicked
executing server command: realbot add 1

REALBOT: Successfully created bot.
L 03/06/2006 - 02:29:47: "Stefan<2><BOT><>" entered the game
L 03/06/2006 - 02:29:47: "Stefan<2><BOT><>" joined team "TERRORIST"
./hlds_run: line 412: 5614 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD

All Config files are in place, all dlls/so files are in the right place, it seems as though none of these MM mods will work since I was last using this server a couple of years ago - since Steam have updated something perhaps. However other MM mods work fine, such as AMX, Admin mod, etc.

Something I have noticed is this...where there seems to be some sort of discrepancy with the Metamod version or something, but I have tried versions 1.15, 1.16, 1.17, 1.18, 1.19p
I get this if running anything apart from 1.17MM:
POD-Bot: meta-interface version mismatch (metamod: 5:13, POD-Bot: 5:10)

But still get the error once the map is loaded and the Bot is created. Although with pod-bot it does seem to allow the adding of 2 bots - both Unamed. before Killing the server

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot - 05-03-2006

Don't use podbot 2.6 anymore. The very old and oudated versions are not supported. Use always the recent one. Currently still it's R2B46d. Use it with mm 1.18 (or 1.18p26). It's not tested with newer metamod, since we are working on the new version of podbot mm, we don't have time to test R2B46d with mm 1.19.

Old
  (#7)
nicademus

Default Re: CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot - 07-03-2006

Found the problem I reckon. I suggested to sPlOrYgOn that I would try a fresh install...
I have re-installed from the original hlds.bin - from scratch, let it download all the latest updates, etc. Then ran the server, connected OK. Then installed the Adminmod2.50.60 which installs the metamod 1.17.2 Then setup the Podbot 46d Full (with configs and waypoints) - and all works fine.

I notice now when I do a status on the server I get the following:
hostname: GLC Cstrike Arena #1
version : 47/1.1.2.5/Stdio 3327 insecure
tcp/ip : 220.233.112.233:27015
map : de_dust at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
players : 6 active (16 max)

Whereas before the version was 47/1.1.2.2 Even though I had run the steam -update over and over. There must have been a file that the update just was not updating. In fact I would always get "Your server needs to be restarted in order to receive the latest update." every time I start the server. Which I did but it never seemed to change.
I would bet 120% that was the problem, some sort of Mismatched modules.
As I mentioned I had transported this 1.X Gb steam install from another Linux box, perhaps when it tar'd up or untar'd there may have been a permission problem somewhere that is preventing the update to one or two files.
Anyway time to re-import all my mods, create another couple of servers and serve the greater purpose.

Cheers for your help/input. BTW I am using the version you suggested - heaps better than Realbot ever was. Even with waypoints it used to take me about 20 loads of a Map to get the bots to learn anything. And even then I think it was only Aztec they excelled in!

Old
  (#8)
Spaghed

Default Re: CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot - 12-03-2006

Well, I updated my metamod to v1.17.2 and now it didn't come up with an error message for a good ten minutes. I have "version : 47/1.1.2.5/" also in my status. That was a good point to update metamod but it didnt help much...

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: CS1.6 POD_mm R2B46 dedicated server crash when adding a bot - 12-03-2006

You can use podbot R2B46d with metamod 1.18 (or optimized mm 1.18p26). R2B46d hasn't been tested with newest metamod , so I can say it may not work with it.

Old
  (#10)
Spaghed

ya, Same thing.... no matter what metamod version i use it always crashes with podbot. i've been working on this for a couple of hours. I guess I will have to wait for the latest greatest and in the meantime i'm going to test out my luck with other mods beside podbot.

Thanks for the input KWo you had some good ideas.