.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Game servers > Server admin help
Server admin help Post here your questions related to how to get a server working, etc.

this is for anyone running adminmod for cs
Old
  (#1)
DreamLord34

Default this is for anyone running adminmod for cs - 08-03-2004

Watch out for a loser called the cseasterbunny. He's out to hack anyones pc or server. He brags about it on his site, this is a snipit...
" If you see me in the server, I warn you not to provoke me, the response may be almost lethal to you and your computer."
I tried to contact geocities but there's no contact info. (lameass sh*t)
Anyone got any ideas?

Re: this is for anyone running adminmod for cs
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: this is for anyone running adminmod for cs - 08-03-2004

I believe he's just a kid seeking attention. I bet he's unable to achieve what he brags for on a single server. If I had a HL server running I'd install AdminMod right away and defy him officially to come and hack me.

Real hackers don't make so much noise. Suffice to say they don't make any at all.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#3)
DreamLord34

I know he's not TRUE hacker as I have read that code of ethics or whatever it was they use.
I took this from the original poster about this...
"Hey guys, new here, but not to the admin world. Been admining Day of Defeat for the twin SEATTLE T3 DOD servers for about 4 years, and am the head admin with 6 other admins under me. Anyway, to the point: I need some feedback on a very shady character calling himself the Easterbuny. He has for the past several years been hacking into private and public game servers, exploiting admin-mod to his own ends. Last night, he violated my territory, using HLSW he hacked the rcon password, proceeded to change player names, mess with map duration/rotation and class limits, and also used the admin_say command to advertise his rediculous website. He also managed to get access to the servers user.ini file and added himself as a high-level admin and started reducing the powers of the admins I have appointed to assist me in my search for hackers/lamers/bitches. He could not be banned, his IP could not be traced because the logs stopped recording as soon as he went to work. His website proves that he does it simply for the joy of it, and has escaped encarceration for violating several computer fraud laws. I want this bastard caught and castrated. Has anyone else encountered him? Is there a way to safeguard against this asshole in the future? I read about rcon vulnerabilty thread but its impractical since I do not own the servers. Please let me know asap, I doubt his reign of BS is done so soon."

Seems to me that this guy can. He also said he was with a girlfriend/wife that left him hence the rampage.
I should have made the page available offline to show you.

Old
  (#4)
DreamLord34

One other note, even though I'm not a hacker, I don't consider what he did hacking as all he uses are codes. As in 'script kiddie" as the term is named.

Old
  (#5)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Quote:
He could not be banned, his IP could not be traced because the logs stopped recording as soon as he went to work.
What about the logs before he went to work, his ip would be in there.

Quote:
HLSW he hacked the rcon password,
The server op may of used a poor password for rcon.

I agree, the best hackers don't advertise. If this guy is really hacking, he'll end up doing jail time soon enough, it's very easy to find out who owns a website with a court order in hand.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#6)
DreamLord34

I tried to get contact info from geocities but it's not possible from therir site so you can't complain about abusers.

Old
  (#7)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmeister
it's very easy to find out who owns a website with a court order in hand.
even without!

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#8)
Padishah

Default Re: this is for anyone running adminmod for cs - 10-03-2004

you guys dont seem to understand... the easterbunny has been around for awhile now and he keeps coming back... he isnt a true hacker, but knows the exploits well enough to get rcon from the servers... whatever server he goes to, hes got full access to everything... now im not sure if hes done it on non-adminmod servers... and i also happen to have an IP... and some idea of who he is.. because ive been tracking him for a few weeks lol but shhh he doesnt know even though i got this thread as advertised in his post to all the server forums he is currently wrecking...

Old
  (#9)
DreamLord34

Whether he's been around awhile or not is irrelevant. he is making threats to peoples servers & pcs whehter it's personal pcs or not. What that is is illegal. Geocities should shut his site down for making the threats as I'm sure it's in violation of their terms.
Obviously it's a child playing 100 servers a day. No adult in their right mind does that. Even when I did nothing else but play when I was first starting out, I never played 100 servers a day.

Old
  (#10)
Padishah

again i dont believe you understand the severity of this, he is taking over servers, some child cannot do this... the ST3s at which I play at are owned by CET/CEC or whatever... an ISP in Spokane... its not like their servers are just sitting out all open and unsecure... these arent just something a nub can stumble on to... its some kinda freak guy running around to particular servers (list expands yearly) and he is simply getting worse and worse, maybe if you would take the time to read the posts on him done at forums.thaiguy.net (ST3 Forums) you might begin to understand who he is...

but obviously you've seen his site, yes it probably against their rules, but thats not the issue, the issue is shutting down the person, not his site.

Dan Van Vleet
[HOOD]-Padishah
aka Tomorrow
Snowbawls.com Team