.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

FoxBot recode please
Old
  (#1)
urban_ninja

Default FoxBot recode please - 17-11-2013

Could someone recode a dynamic version of foxbot? Here are some changes I would like to see.

General changes
* No case sensitivity for say commands
* A cvar added to toggle rather or not bots can use buttons.
* Fix bots balancing teams regardless of bot_team_balance setting. Human vs bots doesn't work well in newer version because bots stacked to one team slowly start to move to other team when balancing is disabled.
* Change botskill_upper and botskill_lower(1 - 5) to allow direct accuracy configuration (0.0 being never misses and 100.0 always misses) instead of the 1-5 which references hardcoded accuracy values.
* Remove bots tendancy to approach things an orbiting fashion
* Fix engineers misprioritising task( a bot will obsessively wrench a teammates sentry without building one him self)
* Fix bots counterproductivity when having the flag ( #1 A bot with the flag tends carry it away from the capture point if low on health and armor. #2 A bot tends to put shooting the enemy higher priority than capturing the flag causing them to delay capturing). To fix #1, bots own health conditions should not be calculated in their decision making when holding the flag as this causes their progress to seem like one step forward two steps back at times.

AI overide console commands (These are to allow amxx plugins to manipulate bots)
Add "bot_force_attack" command which forces a bot to drop any current task the bot has and start attacking a particualr entity. bot_attack_ent <bot #userid> <ent_num>
Add "bot_force_avoid_origin" command which forces a bot to avoid a particular area. bot_avoid_origin <bot #userid> <x y z> <radius>
Add "bot_force_heal" command which forces a bot to heal a particular teammate. bot_force_heal <bot #userid> <player #userid>
Add "bot_force_repair" command which forces a bot to repair a particular teammate. bot_force_repair <bot #userid> <player #userid>
Add "bot_cl_cmd" executes client command on bot. Since other meta mod plugins fail to execute client commands on bots, there needs to be a means to do this internally with foxbot so bots can use features from other plugins without needing hardcoded integration any time new plugins and new features are made.

Re: FoxBot recode please
Old
  (#2)
urban_ninja

Default Re: FoxBot recode please - 22-11-2013

Can I get a reply here?

Old
  (#3)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: FoxBot recode please - 23-11-2013

Any other Christmas wishes?

Really, the people here are doing this when they have motivation and free time. You can't expect that someone will directly start to implement your suggestions.

Anyway, the author of FoxBot is currently working on Omni-bot(TF2 bot) and I doubt that he will have desire to work on FoxBot. Furthermore the FoxBot home was never this community, because the author have it's own. You can try to reach him there:
http://omni-bot.invisionzone.com

Good luck.

Old
  (#4)
urban_ninja

Default Re: FoxBot recode please - 26-11-2013

I posted on the omni-bot forums quite a while ago. No response from the coder. Thats why I'm here. A different coder to code a new version. Since the author of the last version is going to focus only on omni-bot for years to come, I have a lack of faith he will do anything with foxbot again. I really don't want to wait years and years for him to 'maybe' become available because by that time there would be no point in coding an other foxbot anyway because the game would be deader than it is already. If its been this long since the last update it basically comes down to now or never. And I don't want to see never as option.

If the author wont do it and no one here will do it then who will? This is the last place to turn to as far as I know.

Also, the author deleted foxbot downloads from the site. Thats not a good sign.

Last edited by urban_ninja; 26-11-2013 at 15:30..

Old
  (#5)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: FoxBot recode please - 27-11-2013

Well I can't remember if the FoxBot source code was actually released. This is mandatory in order to do any change. As you pointed the omni-bot site does not have FoxBot download links anymore so I can't check out.

If you can find the latest version sources, then you will only need to find a developer.
Actually I can't measure which part will be harder.

Anyway the changes you want are not easy to implement. It will take a lot of hours and I doubt that someone will find the motivation to work on bot for so old game.

Sorry to kill your hope but the only way I can think of now is you to learn some C++ and try to implement the changes yourself, if you actually manage to find the source code.

Good luck.

Old
  (#6)
urban_ninja

Default Re: FoxBot recode please - 28-11-2013

http://code.google.com/p/world-oppon...e.zip&can=2&q=

Old
  (#7)
urban_ninja

Default Re: FoxBot recode please - 12-02-2014

So is anyone going to jump right on this? I've been waiting a while and no further replies have been made on this subject.

Old
  (#8)
Cheeseh
[rcbot]

Default Re: FoxBot recode please - 02-04-2014

I don't think anyone else is going to jump in on this unless they had some motivation to do so (cash would be one for example!), but they'd also need the time, myself I don't have the time, nor the motivation to go back to TF1. To be honest all TF1 bots are long dead and will most likely never be resurrected, we'll have to accept them as they are or you'll have to do it yourself!

Old
  (#9)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: FoxBot recode please - 24-08-2016

Being overdemanding won't get anywhere. But the Foxbots have been upgraded and slightly optimised for newer servers and TFC SteamPipe.

https://apg-clan.org/vbdownloads.php...downloadid=980

https://github.com/APGRoboCop/foxbot

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001