.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

vc++ problem..
Old
  (#1)
mid_gen

Default vc++ problem.. - 09-06-2004

I'm trying to compile metamod (I just needed a little change in it cos the metamod game details for ag are incorrect)...

anyway, I can't open the msvc workspace. I've tried vc++6 and .NET, it simply does nothing. I can view the .dsp and it's not corrupted or anything. I try to load it and, nope, not a bean, just vc++ with no workspace.

It's quite annoying, anyone know why this is happening? (vc++/.net are both working fine, tried and tested).

Re: vc++ problem..
Old
  (#2)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: vc++ problem.. - 09-06-2004

maybe the workspace isn't pointing at the dsp..

Old
  (#3)
mid_gen

It is, I checked, but still not joy. Anyway, I made a new workspace, win32 dll blah blah...but I get a bunch of errors thrown

Code:
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(809) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)' to 'struct sequenceEntry_ *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
		This conversion requires a reinterpret_cast, a C-style cast or function-style cast
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(809) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)' to 'struct sequenceEntry_ *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
		This conversion requires a reinterpret_cast, a C-style cast or function-style cast
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(814) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,int,int *)' to 'struct sentenceEntry_ *(__cdecl *)(const char *,int,int *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(814) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,int,int *)' to 'struct sentenceEntry_ *(__cdecl *)(const char *,int,int *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1056) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
		None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1057) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1058) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1059) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1060) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1061) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1062) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1063) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1064) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1065) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1066) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
Excuse the spam...I've tried a different engine_api.cpp/.h that I found posted elsewhere on these boards but it just threw up a load more errors

Old
  (#4)
Cpl. Shrike
ShrikeBot Coder/Moderator

Maybee try this:

From button bar slect "File" select "New" .
Select "workspace" tab "specify a name (anyname)

Now right click the empty workspace.
Select "Insert project into workspace"
Now select the project file.

Hope this gives the files in your workspace/project

Old
  (#5)
mid_gen

Ok I think I've got the problem, I need the metamod changes from Alfred Reynolds...

How do I apply the changes listed in .gz ?

Old
  (#6)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Grab the Bots United SDK instead of the official one they include all the patches you need

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#7)
mid_gen

Ah cheers, got that now....still throwing the compilation errors, over 100 now, same conversion problems...

Old
  (#8)
sparky99

Default Re: vc++ problem.. - 24-08-2012

Lolz, I did the same thing... Im using VS2008 express ##Dont## use Patched HL SDK directories to build your metamod mod. Use the SDK files that came with the metamod-p Zip, they are different, as mentioned in the doc's.

So set your additional include directories to the metamod-p sdk.

C:\PROJECTS\metamod\metamod;
C:\PROJECTS\metamod\hlsdk\common;
C:\PROJECTS\metamod\hlsdk\pm_shared;
C:\PROJECTS\metamod\hlsdk\engine;
C:\PROJECTS\metamod\hlsdk\dlls

Having said that I have other metamod mods not complaining about the HLSDK p3 files being included.....