.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

Quake 2 model origins
Old
  (#1)
Neoptolemus

Default Quake 2 model origins - 05-05-2012

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a new Quake 2 bot quite successfully so far, he's running around maps happily and even strafes around corners and looks ahead in the path like a human does.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble getting him to pick up certain items. It looks as though there's something a bit screwy with the origin point of certain entities. For example, if I ask him to run to the origin of the rocket launcher in Q2DM1 that overlooks the outdoors area, he instead runs to the super shotgun just by the open arena section. However, if I stand by the rocket launcher and tell him to run to my origin, he'll run up there with no problem at all. I've also noticed that when given free reign, he only chooses to run to a small selection of items, and I can't help but wonder if its because the other items have odd origins that he can't find a path to.

Has anyone come across a similar issue in Half-life where an entity's origin may be elsewhere from its actual location? Or is it more likely that it's a bug in the bot code that interprets this data?